c6z vs 13 5.0

Riptide

Established Member
I think some people were just disappointed they werent an LS1 killer. Not sure why they should have had more hp than a 96 cobra. The 5.0 is roughly equal to the 03 cobra and we don't see complaining about it.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Having owned both, they're not as equal as one would think(though there we're some factory freak 2004's). Stock for Stock would have been a ok race but my 5.0 ran 4 tenths faster than my cobra. The IRS rear end in the terminator was trash for straight line in my opinion. in 10k miles I went through a engine, 2 trannys, and a Rear end. 1st run 03 though.

Don't get me wrong I like the terminators. I'll just have to say the 5.0 is more refined. Ford just did a shit job with the 3V engines which is why they're no longer. 3V 5.4 truck motors are an absolute disaster to work on. None of this is a personal attack on your car. I can appreciate any Ford :)

CamdZ06

Established Member
Was coming home from dinner Saturday night when I had a c6z start riding my ass. I had a passenger in the car. I wasn't sure it was a z until the guy finally found room and floored it past me.

I don't think it would really matter if he knew how to drive. I've drove C6 Z06's before and they have some long gearing, so even if he started in 2nd he wouldnt have to shift til around 90mph.

I'm guessing you won because of reaction time. Trust me, it makes a big difference. Good win though. The 5.0's are no joke.

CamdZ06

Established Member
I would like to know what track this is thay C6Zs run mid to high 13s everytime the op goes to the track. I didn't call b.s on the story cause anything can happen on the street esp with a bad driver, but the comment about 13 second C6Zs is making me wonder if the op can differentiate the difference between a C6Z and C6, grandsport etc.

I've seen it happen too. I've been to tracks where some C6 Z06's make bad passes even as bad as low 13's because of street tires, but then try again and run high 11's the same day. It's all about launch and traction.

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Having owned both, they're not as equal as one would think(though there we're some factory freak 2004's). Stock for Stock would have been a ok race but my 5.0 ran 4 tenths faster than my cobra. The IRS rear end in the terminator was trash for straight line in my opinion. in 10k miles I went through a engine, 2 trannys, and a Rear end. 1st run 03 though.

Don't get me wrong I like the terminators. I'll just have to say the 5.0 is more refined. Ford just did a shit job with the 3V engines which is why they're no longer. 3V 5.4 truck motors are an absolute disaster to work on. None of this is a personal attack on your car. I can appreciate any Ford :)

You went through an engine, 2 transmissions, and a rear end in 10K miles?

Were you doing 6K dumps or something?

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
You went through an engine, 2 transmissions, and a rear end in 10K miles?

Were you doing 6K dumps or something?

No, I wished that were the case. I'm not going to say there weren't a couple few donuts and burnouts, maybe 30 passes at the track. Had some 103 race gas mixed in with 93 and did a wide open highway pull(about 65 degrees out). Wideband read good. at about 140 pistons melted to the cylinder walls. That was with full bolt ons and a 6#lower. Tons of cars doing that today. Still not exactly sure what happened, obviously detonation but never saw anything A/F issues till it was too late. wished E-85 was more popular back then.

I'll say this. Obviously the drivetrain locked up @ 140 after I got the clutch pushed in and got her under control @ around 60-70 I tried popping the clutch a few times solid black marks out back. Never broke a rod :) that part was indeed impressive. Crank was cracked in a few places though. pistons never came out of the block, they were one from that day forward.
got it warrantied and traded it in.

11k on my 5.0 and I've been harder on it. Granted modding N/A is alot less risky. Zero issues so far.

Just because I say their weak(because 3v's are) doesn't mean I have zero appreciation for them. They're still a mustang a buddy has one, it's still a Ford.

Last edited:

SinisterLS2

Established Member
Dude, are you serious? I doubt that most people would argue that the C6 Z06 isn't a better car than the 5.0. However, the drivers of both cars in a race need to be factored in. You are using the best runs on a Corvette forum as your example. .

Car and driver's retard....aka...test driver...managed an 11.4 with run flats. I would say that isn't a forum example. It is a low 11 car with a regular driver and mid 10s on slicks as proven with video support. This is the same guy who managed a 15 quarter in a CSRT4, and I got a low 14 first time out in mine.

I presented responses to what I saw in the story line. If you don't want to write "in context" then don't post. I don't read a praise of the 5.0 and see a mediocre meaning. I see too many 5.0 vs whatever, and EVERY SINGLE time I have clicked it, the 5.0 is "busses" ahead. At some point I have to throw my hands up and go :shrug: is happening here? The 5.0 is just.... ===m===D~~~ to some people and I'm sick of it as well as many others. I beat a 5.0 in a 08 CSRT4 from a 20 roll with just a MS1 tune, MPx single exit, and a downpipe. Put a car on him with a witness riding passenger. Every time I see a 5.0 story, I remember that race. My CSRT4 was a slow turd compared to a Z06, a C63AMG, or a SVT cobra but I see 5.0 kill threads with "busses" on those exact cars.

Last edited:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Car and driver's retard....aka...test driver...managed an 11.4 with run flats. I would say that isn't a forum example. It is a low 11 car with a regular driver and mid 10s on slicks as proven with video support. This is the same guy who managed a 15 quarter in a CSRT4, and I got a low 14 first time out in mine.

I presented responses to what I saw in the story line. If you don't want to write "in context" then don't post. I don't read a praise of the 5.0 and see a mediocre meaning. I see too many 5.0 vs whatever, and EVERY SINGLE time I have clicked it, the 5.0 is "busses" ahead. At some point I have to throw my hands up and go :shrug: is happening here? The 5.0 is just.... ===m===D~~~ to some people and I'm sick of it as well as many others. I beat a 5.0 in a 08 CSRT4 from a 20 roll with just a MS1 tune, MPx single exit, and a downpipe. Put a car on him with a witness riding passenger. Every time I see a 5.0 story, I remember that race. My CSRT4 was a slow turd compared to a Z06, a C63AMG, or a SVT cobra but I see 5.0 kill threads with "busses" on those exact cars.

You DO realize this is a mostly Mustang site right? So a majority of the posts and kills will be mustang related. And Im sure you know most people only post wins vs losses. So the odds of a 5.0 road kill post showing a win is pretty high. On the street anything can happen. A Focus coukd beat a ZR1 is the zr1 driver wants to do a 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear burnout and cant drive.

SinisterLS2

Established Member
You DO realize this is a mostly Mustang site right? So a majority of the posts and kills will be mustang related. And Im sure you know most people only post wins vs losses. So the odds of a 5.0 road kill post showing a win is pretty high. On the street anything can happen. A Focus coukd beat a ZR1 is the zr1 driver wants to do a 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear burnout and cant drive.

I realize this is a SVT site. I also realize, yes, any idiot could pull a 20 second quarter in a GTR if all they do is burn out. However, from the text in these 5.0 kill stories, there is a band wagon of people going "Yup, done that. Oh, yeah, beat that the other day." I understand the concept you posted, but most of these 5.0 owners refuse to admit when that concept occurs, instead stating the 5.0 is a "brilliant piece of machinery." Uhhh...right. I beat a 2007 S281 E. I don't go bragging about it because I know...something on his end went wrong. Someone does that in a 5.0 and you will see "5.0 vs S281 E" (click) "So I saw this full bolt, pullied, cammed S281E. By the top of third, I had four cars on him. In fourth...busses." Why? Just why?

The 5.0 should be realized for what it is. It is a car that finally did what the GT could not. For the first time, we have a mid level mustang that puts a high level camaro (ss) on its rear! That's what I see it as.

Last edited:

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
I realize this is a SVT site. I also realize, yes, any idiot could pull a 20 second quarter in a GTR if all they do is burn out. However, from the text in these 5.0 kill stories, there is a band wagon of people going "Yup, done that. Oh, yeah, beat that the other day." I understand the concept you posted, but most of these 5.0 owners refuse to admit when that concept occurs, instead stating the 5.0 is a "brilliant piece of machinery." Uhhh...right. I beat a 2007 S281 E. I don't go bragging about it because I know...something on his end went wrong. Someone does that in a 5.0 and you will see "5.0 vs S281 E" (click) "So I saw this full bolt, pullied, cammed S281E. By the top of third, I had four cars on him. In fourth...busses." Why? Just why?

The 5.0 should be realized for what it is. It is a car that finally did what the GT could not. For the first time, we have a mid level mustang that puts a high level camaro (ss) on its rear! That's what I see it as.

Ya know, a big portion why this thread even blew up is because of my comments. Which are 100% accurate as i've stated 20 times over. We know and see where your coming from, it is frustrating seeing things over and over when you think it's false. Which is the same reason why I've posted what I've posted, It's been perceived as a support of some of these unreasonable races(Though on the street anything can happen) It's equally as frustrating seeing Vette guys come in a SVT/Mustang/Ford forum and talk so much smack on the platform. Which I feel is just as wrong as people post 5.0 vs F22 Raptor. It's two fold.

Poppacapp

Established Member

I'll tell you why.. because as you well know.. when you race someone else who supposedly has a pretty quick car... and you win. You get excited about the win. And you can't wait to share it with others. Human nature mang... human nature. :rockon:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member

prove it...lets see these multiple stories of Busses occuring and other 5.0 drivers drivers going YYUP DONT THAT//

i mean either put up or change the tampon

just sounds like YOUR interpretation is skewed :rollseyes

Sick03Vert

Banned

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

prove it...lets see these multiple stories of Busses occuring and other 5.0 drivers drivers going YYUP DONT THAT//

i mean either put up or change the tampon

just sounds like YOUR interpretation is skewed :rollseyes

If anyone quoted every post where that has happened, it would be a short novel. Come on man, YOU know it. And I KNOW you know it because I've posted with you in plenty of those threads. Your memory can't be that short man. :poke:

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

If anyone quoted every post where that has happened, it would be a short novel. Come on man, YOU know it. And I KNOW you know it because I've posted with you in plenty of those threads. Your memory can't be that short man. :poke:

i just dont remember reading Buses being put on so many cars and then other members in the same thread chiming in concuring busses themselves.

it just leads me to believe that there is a prejudice on every 5.0 thread, and every little comment get morphed into superiority claims lol

its fun all to poke shit at each other but EVERY SINGLE 5.0 thread has gone to shit lately LMAO! the only unmolested threads would be like 5.0 vs geo prizim, or civic/lawnmower

i guess it provides the lolz at work but sometimes damn it i just want to read a damn kill story

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
No, I wished that were the case. I'm not going to say there weren't a couple few donuts and burnouts, maybe 30 passes at the track. Had some 103 race gas mixed in with 93 and did a wide open highway pull(about 65 degrees out). Wideband read good. at about 140 pistons melted to the cylinder walls. That was with full bolt ons and a 6#lower. Tons of cars doing that today. Still not exactly sure what happened, obviously detonation but never saw anything A/F issues till it was too late. wished E-85 was more popular back then.

I'll say this. Obviously the drivetrain locked up @ 140 after I got the clutch pushed in and got her under control @ around 60-70 I tried popping the clutch a few times solid black marks out back. Never broke a rod :) that part was indeed impressive. Crank was cracked in a few places though. pistons never came out of the block, they were one from that day forward.
got it warrantied and traded it in.

11k on my 5.0 and I've been harder on it. Granted modding N/A is alot less risky. Zero issues so far.

Just because I say their weak(because 3v's are) doesn't mean I have zero appreciation for them. They're still a mustang a buddy has one, it's still a Ford.

lol.

you had an '03 with a maxxed out 'heaton' and are suprised you popped the motor at 140+mph?? sounds like a 'lemon' of a car if you ask me :dw:

Sick03Vert

Banned
i just dont remember reading Buses being put on so many cars and then other members in the same thread chiming in concuring busses themselves.

it just leads me to believe that there is a prejudice on every 5.0 thread, and every little comment get morphed into superiority claims lol

its fun all to poke shit at each other but EVERY SINGLE 5.0 thread has gone to shit lately LMAO! the only unmolested threads would be like 5.0 vs geo prizim, or civic/lawnmower

i guess it provides the lolz at work but sometimes damn it i just want to read a damn kill story

I hear you. Unfortunately, most of the kills are exaggerated. Hopefully we will get some good ones soon. :beer:

lol.

you had an '03 with a maxxed out 'heaton' and are suprised you popped the motor at 140+mph?? sounds like a 'lemon' of a car if you ask me :dw:

^This.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
lol.

It's not like I was running 140 on a 95-100 degree day. it was ~65, This was before KB/Whipples even came out for the car Stiegemeier was still refining their ability to port the darn things. When you're rolling highway speed and grab 3rd to do a pull wind out the rest of 3rd and wind out 4th then Pop. It's not like I was screaming 5th or 6th for miles wide open.

SinisterLS2

Established Member
All I know is there is no prejudice from me. I almost bought one, in green since I think the green is WIN. Dealer got down to 31 on it, but would not go any further. I saw this vette for less. Insurance was less. I pulled the trigger on the vette because I personally think that with the things the vette had to offer (like a supercharged application and 30k miles on a 07) was a really good deal. I almost walked JUST for the convertible aspect...since I've had bad luck.

Since these dealers do not want to work with the 5.0, I would rather go with the Focus ST. Love that car. If I could have had a 5.0 in a stick, either grabber blue or green....for $25,000....I would be driving one RIGHT now. (here comes the people saying they got a loaded one for that.)

Users who are viewing this thread