C6Z06 (568whp) vs 2013 Shelby GT500 (730whp)

skatermckimm

4.6 ohc
Established Member
i just saw the video to this race, jasons buddy showed me, holy cow....GT500 pulling damn good till he his 5th honestly looked like ya got out of gas how hard he came back, but damn good race non the less

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Bad ass race! I believe with the stock gear the Shelby would have had a steady pull. As TTLambo said, i too believe the Shelby would have crept back up once the Z shifted to 5th. Would have been a 200mph at that point. Screw that, bring it to the track.

Off topic but some guys on tech were saying that a 750whp Challenger yanking a 650whp ZR1 wasnt impressive. The outcome of this race proves just how impressive it really was.

ponyboyisaac

Now Kaioken...times 10!!
Established Member
Two amazing cars. But the shelby really impresses me for making so much power with such little mods.

GotHemi?

Hell Kitty Nut Swinger
Established Member
Are simple bolt on/pullied 13 Shelby's putting down 700 + RWHP? I can see crank horsepower, but not at the wheels?

Stock rwhp is 600+. Stock crank is 66x. Pullied and bolt on's you only see it gaining 40hp?

Yes. They are 700+ whp with a pulley and bolt on's.

j81234

Established Member
A race from 60-130mph between these two cars actually comes down to who hits to go pedal first. Since we only got one run the video shows what happens when the Shelby gets on the gas first. Would have been different the other way around. When cars are as equal as ours from one speed to another it comes down to reaction. He got me there. That's what makes a fun race two equal cars going at it. It is easy to find victims, much more difficult to find good opponents. Again good run TT we will need to do it again sometime. :rockon:

imstock2

slow 12sec c6
Established Member
Someone on this site please explain to me... Old terminators useally needed 100-110ish more rwhp to edge a c6.. A 13 cobra needs 160+ish rwhp more to edge a c6? Granite it can reach higher hp levels with minor mods but can you say dyno queen much? One would think Shelby would made the cobra more impressive than this..

Canadian Bacon

Established Member
Stock rwhp is 600+. Stock crank is 66x. Pullied and bolt on's you only see it gaining 40hp?

Yes. They are 700+ whp with a pulley and bolt on's.
That's amazing, the highest I could find with Vans power pack and a 15% underdive was 703RWHP. Anycase, these are amazing gains.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Alot of guys are doing well over 700 with these bolt ons and tq almost matched

TTlambo

Established Member
Most of these cars don't have long tube headers with x-pipe. Car dyno'd 640 rwhp with exhaust only, at VMP. Then we added the upper pulley / tune / throttle body and made 730 rwhp. Next I want to add lower pulley and hopefully squeeze out 750 to tires which I will need to pull the vette because we are damn near perfectly even on the v- box. People can talk about me making more power than the vette but as most know it takes a lot to make up a 700 pound weight difference. I will admit the Shelby is a heavy pig as someone called it.

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Bad ass race! I believe with the stock gear the Shelby would have had a steady pull. As TTLambo said, i too believe the Shelby would have crept back up once the Z shifted to 5th. Would have been a 200mph at that point. Screw that, bring it to the track.

Off topic but some guys on tech were saying that a 750whp Challenger yanking a 650whp ZR1 wasnt impressive. The outcome of this race proves just how impressive it really was.

I don't know about that. The Shelby is geared and it hit harder from the hit leaving the Z06 to play catchup. Had the Shelby had stock gearing, it would have hit softer, so I'm thinking it would have been a close run, but it wouldn't have been a steady pull. I don't see the Shelby coming around the Z at 200mph either.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Most of these cars don't have long tube headers with x-pipe. Car dyno'd 640 rwhp with exhaust only, at VMP. Then we added the upper pulley / tune / throttle body and made 730 rwhp. Next I want to add lower pulley and hopefully squeeze out 750 to tires which I will need to pull the vette because we are damn near perfectly even on the v- box. People can talk about me making more power than the vette but as most know it takes a lot to make up a 700 pound weight difference. I will admit the Shelby is a heavy pig as someone called it.

:beer::beer:

j81234

Established Member
Op lets do run sooner than later ... gona send u a PM i gotta run your vette :)

Sounds like a plan, but this time I am not taking the trip down there. Maybe you and the GTR guys can come up and visit this time. :beer:

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
Looks like the GT500 dropped off HARD on the 5th shift, yes it wouldnt have come out as hard off of the hit with stock gears, but could have stayed in fourth and just ROLLED on out.

568 RWHP C6 Z06 vs 99 GT that made 727 rwhp on a high reading dynojet 248C (usually about 10-15 higher than other newer Dynojet 224's in the area), GT weighed 3720 with driver, but also had a passenger. 2:50 mark
700+HP 99 GT vs Heads/Cam C6 Z06 vs GSXR750 vs 408/N20 WS6, Vortech 02 GT vs 408 WS6, Cobras etc - YouTube

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
One would think Shelby would made the cobra more impressive than this..
You take a car that's $30,000+ more expensive than the Shelby and then add heads, cam, and exhaust to it to get a result like in this video and you don't think it's impressive? :lol:

As to the two guys in this vid, you have some sweet cars...but I give you a bigger thumbsup up for a night video with a great angle and an image I can actually see something in!! Much thanks! :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread