C6Z06 (568whp) vs 2013 Shelby GT500 (730whp)

87hatchy

Established Member
Off topic but.......Jesus H. CHRIST TTlambo, you are loaded! Makes me sick of working when I see people with sigs like that, I feel like its getting me nowhere in life! haha

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
Nice kill nice run. Z vettes are had to get up top. Weight, gearing, Areo.....all comes into play. Nice run indeed.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Fast cars!!! LOL at the youtube comment with the guy in the LS1. I hope he knows these are 10 sec cars with the possibility of hitting 9's.

Seemed like the gears helped the GT500 run out the bat quicker but held it down in the end by a nice margin. Great runs and great sounding cars.

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
I have to say that I am always amazed at how much of a difference wieght and aerodynamics can make. The Shelby out-powered the Vette by roughly 160Hp but it was still not enough to keep the Shelby pulling at higher speeds..

NA_Cobra

Established Member
I have to say that I am always amazed at how much of a difference wieght and aerodynamics can make. The Shelby out-powered the Vette by roughly 160Hp but it was still not enough to keep the Shelby pulling at higher speeds..

I don't see how people thought a 730rwhp Shelby could could come around a 730rwhp C6ZR1 :shrug::shrug: when they were comparing Pulley/tune etc Shelbys to Pulley tune etc ZR1s

REPCobra10

Established Member
That was awesome to watch those two beasts go at it! The GT500 rolls out hard, but that C6Z is just too much for it up top! I'd love to see a dig race and a lower-speed roll race, as well...

gkviper192

Established Member
I don't see how people thought a 730rwhp Shelby could could come around a 730rwhp C6ZR1 :shrug::shrug: when they were comparing Pulley/tune etc Shelbys to Pulley tune etc ZR1s

I'm not sure why anyone would be saying that but pulley/tune zr1s don't make anywhere close to 730rwhp.

TTlambo

Established Member
That was awesome to watch those two beasts go at it! The GT500 rolls out hard, but that C6Z is just too much for it up top! I'd love to see a dig race and a lower-speed roll race, as well...

I want a dig race at the track! The street is a joke so I only get 3th and 4th out of it ti 135 I only stayed in it to see what would happen in 5th.

The C6 doesn't kill at the top necessarily, example if I'm low in 5th and he is top of 4th as it was when he started to pull I would do the same thing when he shifts to 5th and I hit top of 5th!

REPCobra10

Established Member
I want a dig race at the track! The street is a joke so I only get 3th and 4th out of it ti 135 I only stayed in it to see what would happen in 5th.

The C6 doesn't kill at the top necessarily, example if I'm low in 5th and he is top of 4th as it was when he started to pull I would do the same thing when he shifts to 5th and I hit top of 5th!

I gotcha, brother. I meant well in what I said...:beer:

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Looks like the Shelby isn't as aero still compared to other cars. Wasn't a 750whp GT-R pulling on a ZR1 with intake, tune, etc. Seems like the gears was the main reason why the Shelby got reeled in the top.
Anybody notice that mysticz28 is talking crap on all the videos SVTP guys post on youtube lol
:lol:lol1: I thought it was him :lol:

gkviper192

Established Member
Looks like the Shelby isn't as aero still compared to other cars. Wasn't a 750whp GT-R pulling on a ZR1 with intake, tune, etc. Seems like the gears was the main reason why the Shelby got reeled in the top.

:lol:lol1: I thought it was him :lol:

Weight and aero was the main reason IMO. 600 or so less pounds with better aerodynamics, I doubt the Shelby would have made up that ground.

Users who are viewing this thread