C6Z06 vs Ford GT

phantasms

Established Member
It's amazing.

I post a sick vid with a sick race and two sick cars and most of the posts have been nothing but bitching and arguing for no reason at all. Truly amazing.

TRXboy

Established Member
Theres no Bitching and arguing. Trust me, Sick video man, thanks for sharing and keep them comming :beer:.

Just don't hate on someones car just because its not $70 Grand and up, that's just not cool...

phantasms

Established Member
TRXboy said:
Just don't hate on someones car just because its not $70 Grand and up, that's just not cool...

wErd. My bad at that. Just got too heated. I'm the last guy to be like that.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
This thread was touched by the hand of HISSMAN in order to clean up some flaming. Please enjoy :)

-Jeff

Kovachian

Me vs. Earth
Established Member
I think the real reason behind the flaming is b/c the GT couldn't mop the floor with the ZO6. It's ok people, ya win some ya lose some.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Kovachian said:
I think the real reason behind the flaming is b/c the GT couldn't mop the floor with the ZO6. It's ok people, ya win some ya lose some.

Nah, it actually had nothing to do with the race, but both parties have cleared everything up now.

-Jeff

fordgt06

You guys actually buy this? The Z06 has a "tune" and a Filter. Maybe we should pull a "Stock" Z06 and a "Stock" GT off the showroom floor and run them. no way the Z will walk away from the GT. Multiple Mags have tested the Z against the GT 0-60 and the Quarter and the GT has always prevailed. I personally don't care which is faster I just Don't BUY this B.S. maybe we should do some MODS on the Z and the GT and see what happens with very little effort you can get 100+ More HP out of the GT.

phantasms

Established Member
fordgt06 said:
You guys actually buy this? The Z06 has a "tune" and a Filter. Maybe we should pull a "Stock" Z06 and a "Stock" GT off the showroom floor and run them. no way the Z will walk away from the GT. Multiple Mags have tested the Z against the GT 0-60 and the Quarter and the GT has always prevailed. I personally don't care which is faster I just Don't BUY this B.S. maybe we should do some MODS on the Z and the GT and see what happens with very little effort you can get 100+ More HP out of the GT.

I ran one stock off the showroom floor when I was stock off the showroom floor. I won. Just barely...but I did.

I added 30rwhp and the results are as shown.

There's nothing BS about any of this.

I trust my own eyes over magazines.

Also know I was expecting to lose...even with the mods and even though I beat one before.

I guess the magazines had me brainwashed too.

Last edited:

fordgt06

phantasms said:
I ran one stock off the showroom floor when I was stock off the showroom floor. I won. Just barely...but I did.

I added 30rwhp and the results are as shown.

There's nothing BS about any of this.

I trust my own eyes over magazines.

Also know I was expecting to lose...even with the mods and even though I beat one before.

I guess the magazines had me brainwashed too.
maybe we should Tune the GT and add a Filter and see what happens. There also is a question to driver skill I would say your the better driver, than the GT driver.

phantasms

Established Member
fordgt06 said:
maybe we should Tune the GT and add a Filter and see what happens. There also is a question to driver skill I would say your the better driver, than the GT driver.

I agree that while my car reacts well to mods the GT reacts even better. I have the stock filter...just have a cold air intake. I don't know how the GT reacts to a tune but I'm sure throw a cheap pully on it and I'll be seeing nothing but taillights. As to my driving skills...thank you. However look carefully and you'll see I'm not only gaining ground during the shift but also pulling in gear.

fatcobra

Established Member
what gear was the GT in in the first race, because when it starts it looks like he was in 3rd, goes to 4th(right at the start) and then to 5th at the end? if its in the 60 mph range shouldn't he have been in 2nd to start?

phantasms

Established Member
fatcobra said:
what gear was the GT in in the first race, because when it starts it looks like he was in 3rd, goes to 4th(right at the start) and then to 5th at the end? if its in the 60 mph range shouldn't he have been in 2nd to start?

If that was the case i would have pulled him even worse. He knows how to drive and he's not an idiot.

he posted elsewhere on this forum that all the races were 2-3-4. other than the last one which was from a dig.

"the pulls were 2-3-4 on the highway as much as I'ld like to consider driver a factor, I dont think it played a role here. The Z wasn't pulling away during shifts, it was pulling in gear."

Last edited:

Talus

LookingThroughAWideAngle
Established Member
Hissman: the pic in your sig is sweet. The rest of you angry people: stfu alrady, you own Ford GTs and 06Zs. wtf.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
TomBoJangles said:
Hissman: the pic in your sig is sweet. The rest of you angry people: stfu alrady, you own Ford GTs and 06Zs. wtf.

Thanks, and I couldn't agree more...with both of your statements. :)

-Jeff

TEABG

Banned
WHIPPLE-FORD RACING 05-06 GT SC UPGRADE

COMING SOON

If your craving more power from your GT Supercar, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries largest, most efficient and latest designed twin-screw supercharger available today. The new Whipple-Ford Racing system can produce incredible power levels with stock 5.4L GT engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W200ax compressor has the ability to run nearly 30lbs of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance.

This direct bolt-on replacement system gives you the ability to run far higher boost levels than the factory 2.3 liter screw-type supercharger while lowering supercharger air temperatures and power consumption (hp). The complete bolt-on system comes with all the necessary parts for 21lbs of boost including a Ford Racing flash programmer for industry leading reliability and durability.

The Whipple-Ford Racing GT kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today.

Whipple Features:

INSTANT BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE AT ANY RPM
Direct bolt on replacement.
More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Lysholm 2.3 liter.
3.3 liter vs. 2.3 liter compressor for more power potential.
Up to 95% efficiency.
Boost range 15 - 30 psi.
Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in pan required.
Factory fit and finish.
Available polished or black satin.

fordgt06

TEABG said:
WHIPPLE-FORD RACING 05-06 GT SC UPGRADE

COMING SOON

If your craving more power from your GT Supercar, Whipple has the answer. Get the industries largest, most efficient and latest designed twin-screw supercharger available today. The new Whipple-Ford Racing system can produce incredible power levels with stock 5.4L GT engines as well as highly modified engines. The revolutionary new W200ax compressor has the ability to run nearly 30lbs of boost (engine modifications required) for unheralded performance.

This direct bolt-on replacement system gives you the ability to run far higher boost levels than the factory 2.3 liter screw-type supercharger while lowering supercharger air temperatures and power consumption (hp). The complete bolt-on system comes with all the necessary parts for 21lbs of boost including a Ford Racing flash programmer for industry leading reliability and durability.

The Whipple-Ford Racing GT kit not only offers a better supercharger, but the potential to have one of the fastest, most powerful street machines on the road today.

Whipple Features:

INSTANT BOOST / HORSEPOWER & TORQUE AT ANY RPM
Direct bolt on replacement.
More power, cooler charge temp, less power consumption/parasitic loss than stock Lysholm 2.3 liter.
3.3 liter vs. 2.3 liter compressor for more power potential.
Up to 95% efficiency.
Boost range 15 - 30 psi.
Internally lubricated. No tapping holes in pan required.
Factory fit and finish.
Available polished or black satin.
Whipple already has a Mule GT with the upgraded SC and it puts out 715 RWHP. They have put 5,000 miles on it with the new upgraded SC with no problems.

californiacuda

Established Member
I hope it comes soon, we've been waiting so long that others option now look much better, aka Kenne Bell pulley upgrade and 700hp and possibly twin turbos

Users who are viewing this thread