C8 Corvette making potential GT500 buyers rethink their options

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
At this point it would be sell it whole or part it out. There isn’t much left that’s stock so putting it back to stock would likely not even be possible.

Might as well just pick up another 4 post lift and drive it when I can.
I mean, it would be a shame if that 6R80 and harnes and driveshaft just.. fell out of the car if you traded it in? :D :D :D jk jk jk

Id be very pleased to see you have a 2020 C8 next to your 2012. I know you have put a lot of work into it!

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I'm actually considering selling or trading the 2016 for the new C8.

I'm super impressed with what they've done and the price point is dead on since now I'm hearing base price is closer to 55k.

bigja01cobra

Established Member
Normally in manufacturing piece price is based on volume and increased volume does not necessarily decrease in price. In many cases, it actually requires adding labor or even 100s of thousands of dollars of capital to increase capacity. On top of that normal, capital capacity projects take at least 22weeks (assuming you find a supplier on their game). I know currently most of our suppliers are pushing out to 36+ weeks due to market demand for anything manufacturing/automation.

I cringe at the thought of having a single source supplier of these items, imagine a major crash or maintenance issue with production. Not to mention it seems this is a pretty rare skill and may have proprietary production methods that no others can easily replicate. Ford could just be hedging against all those issues to keep from long delivery times/delays.

No biggie. There is lots of misinformation out there and I suppose you have to really dig to come close to what should or could be the truth. I think it fair to say that by next year anyway, it should be clear that Ford's limit is their own choice and not due to designated hardware such as the CF wheels.

Then again, how many of the GT4 wings can Ford's contractor of choice pump out annually? Dunno.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
True
$55k gets you

350hp

No interior Space
Marginal Interior Quality
No Storage
Maintenance Hungry Engine
Wheel Bolts
FR layout
No Sunroof Option
No Targa Option
Same Automatic Transmission as a $25k Dodge

View attachment 1588771

I didn't even consider how much this is going to hurt the Supra. This is more of a slap in it's face than anything else..LOL

C0bra99

Established Member
Seems like a lot of trolling on this forum lately.

No doubt Ford limits quantities on some vehicles. Yes ok it isn't because of lack of parts. So who cares? Most higher end automakers do it all the time Ferrari Lamborghini Porsche. These are done to create elusiveness and protect values. Good marketing as people are willing to buy knowing that the value might last longer. Look at how much a corvette loses values in it's first year as an example. Why is it that that just because Ford does it it seems to be bad?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator

No doubt Ford limits quantities on some vehicles. Yes ok it isn't because of lack of parts. So who cares? Most higher end automakers do it all the time Ferrari Lamborghini Porsche. These are done to create elusiveness and protect values. Good marketing as people are willing to buy knowing that the value might last longer. Look at how much a corvette loses values in it's first year as an example. Why is it that that just because Ford does it it seems to be bad?

Uhm. Ford isn't Ferrari.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Because it's anti consumer and we are... Consumers?

Now if this was the "Ford Stock Prices and Net Earnings" forum and all we cared about is ROI, Margins and Dividens, then sure, argue away about marketing investment, brand value and dealer mark ups.

But it's not, all we care about is bang for buck, max performance and getting the car or truck we want.

BS games of dealer mark ups and artificial scarcity inhibits this.

C0bra99

Established Member
Uhm. Ford isn't Ferrari.
Never said it was. What's your point?
Because it's anti consumer and we are... Consumers?

Now if this was the "Ford Stock Prices and Net Earnings" forum and all we cared about is ROI, Margins and Dividens, then sure, argue away about marketing investment, brand value and dealer mark ups.

But it's not, all we care about is bang for buck, max performance

and getting the car or truck we want.

BS games of dealer mark ups and artificial scarcity inhibits this.

I get it bang for the buck and the C8 nailed it. Some people do like to have something unique also. I love vettes but I have issues with the 'Belly button' cars.

C0bra99

Established Member
Trying to figure out what your point is then.
I said it! This is nothing new and other manufacturers are doing the same. If I'm reading between the lines what you are saying is Ferarri can do it and Ford can't? You don't think a lot of FORD GT/Enzo/SJW/GT3 buyers bought the car just for the car? or knowing they get some limited? This is a sales tactic and it works because Ford will sell everyone of them. I bet in a few years there will be Stingrays sitting on lots with big incentives to move them because they are over produced.

C0bra99

Established Member
Compares to Ferrari then says never compared to Ferrari... Lol
Ok I dumb it down

I wasn't comparing Ford to Ferrari directly. I was using the sales tactics that Ferarri (and others) use to sell cars. Big difference.

sleek98

Established Member
I bet in a few years there will be Stingrays sitting on lots with big incentives to move them because they are over produced.

Yep, hoping for a nice 10k off sale when a yellow or grabber blue one has been sitting on the lot for 3 months

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
If she wants to bad enough, she'll find a way.
overcome.jpg

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Compare however you want.

Ford artificially limits availability to increase cost (ADM, Wait Time, Difficulty Purchasing).

This is Anti-Consumer and naturally, aggravates Consumers. Doesn't mater who else does it or why they do it.

GM and FCA have not being playing these games recently. I don't personally care if GM/FCA lose profit opportunity and dealers discount cars to move excess inventory. That is to our, the consumer, benifit.

Paying $5k off for a Redeye is better than paying $10k over for a GT500....for the consumer.
Ok I dumb it down

I wasn't comparing Ford to Ferrari directly. I was using the sales tactics that Ferarri (and others) use to sell cars. Big difference.

Users who are viewing this thread