C8 Z06 vs Huracan Evo vs 458

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
my ex’s dad just sold his C7 ZR1 for a C8 and he is unbelievably happy. I questioned that trade, but he said he was too scared of driving the ZR1 and they can hop in the “regular“ C8 and go wherever. I did not see that comin

This alone is enough to have the "its not you, it's me" talk with his daughter.

kuruma

Established Member
They were sandbaggin that lambo. Guy was shifting manually and he was hitting the limiter for what felt like an eternity in pretty much every upshift.

5.0 Hatch

Established Member
They were sandbaggin that lambo. Guy was shifting manually and he was hitting the limiter for what felt like an eternity in pretty much every upshift.
I noticed that too on one run in particular. Doesn't the evo trap something like 135ish?

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Last edited:

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
I hope someone finds a way to get a some cat deleted LT's and straight pipes on that Z soon. Epic sounds would be made.

kuruma

Established Member
Ha. Peasant model C8 Corvette thank you. Still need to determine if there's ANY chance of getting on a wait list for a Z06. Which organ don't I need is the question....

If you want one you're gonna have to find a small dealer somewhere in mid-America that is going to get an allocation. All the big dealers' lists are maxed out and they aren't taking any more deposits. I have been on a list since early 2021 and I don't expect a car for at least 4-5 years. and my dealer is #6, from a numbers standpoint. Unless the economy keeps tanking and the supply chain returns to normal, gonna be tough if you don't want to pay 50-100k adm.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
If you want one you're gonna have to find a small dealer somewhere in mid-America that is going to get an allocation. All the big dealers' lists are maxed out and they aren't taking any more deposits. I have been on a list since early 2021 and I don't expect a car for at least 4-5 years. and my dealer is #6, from a numbers standpoint. Unless the economy keeps tanking and the supply chain returns to normal, gonna be tough if you don't want to pay 50-100k adm.
I’ve come to realize this and will probably end up grabbing a low mileage C8 Z51 and putting a Procharger on it. It doesn’t help that GM already cancelled remaining orders for 2022. I’m not enough of a baller to dump 25k+ into the pocket of a greedy dealer on top of a car this expensive already.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah, can’t see paying over sticker, unless I win the lottery - then it’s hookers, blow, and Z06.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
What didnt you like about the gt350?
Lack of grunt, terrible dealership experiences, 350mi/1qt, the crowd even got to me a little i won’t lie(defending the obvious issues, i swear there was a point where you’d regularly see 2-4 motors replaced a week in the FB group). Those guys look down on a mustang GT so hard it ain’t even funny…It all added up to one of the easiest cars to let go of all time for me.
This alone is enough to have the "its not you, it's me" talk with his daughter.
lol no kidding. had forgelines on it too. But he is a very nervous person in general, does car shows, long trips…i could see him just sitting there worrying about hurting something on it…and now the C8 is basically like a shitbox and he is driving the hell out of it

kaz109

Established Member
This is a testament of how little skill is required to go fast in a car without 3 pedals.
Put her in a stick car (with her lifelong driving skills lol) & see how fast she is.
Does that mean you aren’t impressed with the Demon or Cobra Jet?

Great Asp

Established Member
Premium Member
The flag guy, was in a wheel chair.... No chance any of those cars would have gotten out of line eh?

Users who are viewing this thread