Cali KB Installers

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
I am looking for a shop in California with experience in installing the KB Blower. Northern California preferred, but I'm willing to travel south in order to get someone with experience and quality. Any recommendations? Thanks.

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Originally posted by NorCalRedfire
I am looking for a shop in California with experience in installing the KB Blower. Northern California preferred, but I'm willing to travel south in order to get someone with experience and quality. Any recommendations? Thanks.
I dont know of anybody that can do it, but if you like to work on cars Ill tell you is not that hard to do it yourself, it took me about 9 hours and that was taking my time so would not mess up.

bassin247

hates reposts
Established Member
I hear Poisonous Mods is offering free installs if you let him hold your KB for 1 hour. :lol:

03DOHC

Established Member
I hate you Charlie. Can't even wait for me to get nitrous and you're going KB.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by bassin247
I hear Poisonous Mods is offering free installs if you let him hold your KB for 1 hour. :lol:

:eek:

Mike :nonono: ;-)

I actually saw a KB swap on a Lightning & they finished in 30 mins. Taking the KB Off & putting the Stock Eaton back on :eek:
Well the Lightning does have a bit more room compared to our cars but i couldnt imagine it would be any much harder...but this is some thing that Bassin wouldnt know :D

Dano u dont have a shop that u know of in ur area?

03DOHC

Established Member
There are lots of shops around here. Which one has done a KB install on an 03 Cobra? I don't know.

SVT F15O

Rest night.
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods

Mike :nonono: ;-)

I actually saw a KB swap on a Lightning & they finished in 30 mins. Taking the KB Off & putting the Stock Eaton back on :eek:
Well the Lightning does have a bit more room compared to our cars but i couldnt imagine it would be any much harder...but this is some thing that Bassin wouldnt know :D

The Lightning swap is without a doubt easier. No need to mess around with the intercooler or any of that jazz. Shawn at JDM said the same thing. It took me about 1 and a half hours taking the eaton off the Lightning and putting the KB on. That includes taking the KB back off because I dropped the last bolt on top of the motor. :nonono: I was pissed but no big deal. The end result was more then worth it. I am getting closer and closer everyday to picking up the phone and ordering a KB for the Cobra. Once my leg gets better I think I will do it and install it myself. I will just get a few friends 2gether hang out at my shop and have a blast swapping the blowers! It is just fun working on your car and taking pride in the job you just did. :thumbsup: -Mat-

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
in case you aren't able to find an installer local, there is a shop very close to kb's facility that they highly recommend. i'm sure they'd be happy to give you the info if you call them.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
There are lots of shops around here. Which one has done a KB install on an 03 Cobra? I don't know.

The only shop that id seen the swap ever happen was at Swanson's. But that would be a freaking drive bro :nonono:

SVT F150 is right.....think folks just see issues with the Intercooler being bolted right up on the S/C & wasnt the weight of it like 160lbs or some thing like that?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by LIGHTNING LARRY
Charlie if you want to do it, I'd be glad to help you.
And I have the tools. Just let me know. We can do it. :beer:

Ahh even better. The man will lend his hand to u :beer:

Think he likes some fine wine & cigars for the good deed ;-)

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Ahh even better. The man will lend his hand to u :beer:

Think he likes some fine wine & cigars for the good deed ;-)

Hehehehe Naw. I don't smoke and good wine is a waste on me.
Charlie is my friend. I'd do it for fun. Well, and Pizza + Beer or soda. :thumbsup:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hehehehe Naw. I don't smoke and good wine is a waste on me.
Charlie is my friend. I'd do it for fun. Well, and Pizza + Beer or soda. :thumbsup:

Well good for Charlie cause ur a cheap date :p

Unless u meant to say Pizza's & Beer's ;-)

03DOHC

Established Member
Charlie if you want to do it, I'd be glad to help you.
And I have the tools. Just let me know. We can do it. :beer:
I can be there too. I'll get to shoot rubber bands at you guys.:lol1:

Venomous Mofo

Swapping the blower is a piece of cake. Just be sure that ALL the vacuum lines are undone. You dont want to snap the nipple off of the boost bypass thinger from a vacuum line still attached. It helps to have 2 people since the thing is so heavy and awkward to handle. Good luck :beer:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Larry, Dan everyone else - thanks for the generous help, offers, etc.

I really haven't decided to do this yet given its cost, I thought if some local shop had experience, maybe I could see what it was really going to cost. Now that you guys have offered to help, I can look at it in a new light.

I'll probably take the week to think about whether I want to and can afford to do this right now. It was actually Joe G. who got me started thinking about a KB rather than nitrous and his arguments made some sense so I thought I'd start the research. Your generous offers of help have even made it more tempting.

Thanks guys. :beer:

Charlie

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Sell me your nitrous kit.:-D

It hasn't come in yet, but if I decide to do the KB you can have the nitrous kit at what it cost me - $394.99 (which includes shipping). I expect it to arrive any day now. Oh yeah, one condition - I get to help with or at least see the install, so if I decide to go KB and Nitrous - he, he, he. :thumbsup:

NorCalRedfire

Fastest NorCal Cobra
Established Member
LMMFAO Charlie, you're hooked hard. :burnout: :thumbsup:

No doubt, bro.

Before I looked at the Cobra I was looking at stuff like M5 and 911 - now after riding with me my Porsche buddy complains that his 911 is slow - couldn't stop laughing about that one. I told him he could buy two Cobras for one Porche. Told him that I could probably get it to 600 hp and still save about $30K against his Porsche. Then he told me he wants a 911 turbo - I told him that the turbo only pulls 415 hp and that I was already pulling over 440 hp at the rear wheels and the bassani exhaust was my most expensive mod. He looked depressed - I though, "even a KB is worlds cheaper than a Porsche"

Later dude (and thanks for the offer to help on the install)

Users who are viewing this thread