Call OUT to any Mach 1's

BayareaSS

Established Member
SIr RicCuS said:
So if John Force and Mario Andretti get down anywhere but the track they are bad drivers? :poke: You stand alone on this, buddy... As a matter of fact, to prove this you used an example of people driving bad at the track which is the opposite of your theory! I don't get it... :shrug: I'm sure everyone already know's that it's illegal... The only thing that I agree on is that there are more variables when racing on the street ; people pulling out in front of you, hitting someone that's jay walking, or a blow-out that might lead to an innocent bystandards death as opposed to just your own are a few good examples...

Good example

He doesnt know what he is saying......i think he's drunk!:beer:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i am not saying that at all. what makes someone a good driver? if they have no statistics to back them up(stats are normally created from a track senerio), how in the world are you going to see if they know how to handle a car. in other words they can be a great driver with no track time or they can have no clue how to get any performance from thier vehicle.

if you are in a race with no statistics involved how would you know you are getting the most out of your car? if you race an even car(ls1 vs ws6) with no times involved how do you know your a good driver? when you race someone on the street who has proven to get a quality time from his vehicle and you hang with that person, this will give you immediate feedback as to how you can handle your car.

to use your example if you were to race andretti or force one would have knowledge or gauge on where they are and where they can improve because these two have great statistics that have been gained from the track. if you were to race scott jones with no track time, how would you know if he can run a ls1 to a 13 flat or 15.2 down the 1/4 mile?

but what the hell does it matter anyway? nobody has the balls to go to the track and race! :poke:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i am not saying that at all. what makes someone a good driver? if they have no statistics to back them up(stats are normally created from a track senerio), how in the world are you going to see if they know how to handle a car. in other words they can be a great driver with no track time or they can have no clue how to get any performance from thier vehicle.

if you are in a race with no statistics involved how would you know you are getting the most out of your car? if you race an even car(ls1 vs ws6) with no times involved how do you know your a good driver? when you race someone on the street who has proven to get a quality time from his vehicle and you hang with that person, this will give you immediate feedback as to how you can handle your car.

to use your example if you were to race andretti or force one would have knowledge or gauge on where they are and where they can improve because these two have great statistics that have been gained from the track. if you were to race scott jones with no track time, how would you know if he can run a ls1 to a 13 flat or 15.2 down the 1/4 mile?

but what the hell does it matter anyway? nobody has the balls to go to the track and race! :poke:

Well, that's not entirely true... Going to the track consist of being there for 4+ hours for maybe 2 runs (depending on how many people are there) and possibly shitty track prep as well (at least out here in California) which means that it's basically the same as racing on a street-swept street without the hassel. I've got to drive at least 1 hour (with no traffic, but when is that likely in Cali?) to get to any track, sign up, pay, and then wait. Not to mention that if you run decent enough times, you have new NHRA Requirements to look forward to needing for the next time; roll cage, fire extiguisher, no longer than 6" stainless braided brake lines, etc...

But this being said, I promised my little brothers that I would take them to the track and run my Cobra if our house didn't burn down (with my Cobra in it). There was some pretty bad fires in Anaheim Hills and they got within 50 yards of our house. We were all evacuated and I said it to cheer them up, but they brought it up so I'm taking the Cobra to the track maybe within the next month and a 1/2 or 2. Not sure which one, but I have a feeling that Garrett, Jordan, or Marlin will.

Last edited:

lilbuddy1587

Banned
ON D BIT said:
thats the point. there is no gauge to tell if they can drive or not!

i have have seen a ls1 ss and ws6 run 14.45 and 14.51 at a sea level track. very close and competitive race. but we all know these cars can do better than that.:bowdown:

Sea level in AZ? HAHAHA :lol:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Mach1Marauder said:
I ain't worried about that. My new engine will turn 8K.:coolman:
I'm gonna keep it down to about 160mph in the 1/4:-D

Hahahahahahahahahaha! I have a race for you... My buddies Turbo Busa! Where's 2K when you need him!? :D

machleen

13.5 @ 104.5
Established Member
id race you but i dont want to drive an hour 4 all that.

plus i dont think you would want to race me now that i have the eaton

Last edited:

Common

Established Member
lol this thread is turning into aol chat group guys......stop this madness and start a new thread dammit:cuss:

Users who are viewing this thread