called out. me (bolt on 13 gt500) vs hci c6z...

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
My experience has been you need about 70 more whp for good run against the vette to 140. If your making 100+ more hp you should take him pretty good. Depends on what your final whp numbers are but the Z does lose sometimes.

allstock

Established Member
I predict the vette getting stretched because the driver has short little t rex arms and consistently misses 3rd gear. Then I predict said corvette driver having a roid rage after losing....

13GT500SG

Established Member
Lol @ allstock! Ill imake sure i get this on video. Im going to guess i put down 700/700. I may get rts with mickey t's. If i do this itll be longer until I run the vette.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
My buddy had been calling me out for awhile now. Finally i will have the following parts on my car next week and should be getting car tuned at AM next Friday!

Jlt 123 cai
Frpp scj monoblade tb
Offroad x
10% IW lower pulley
Tune

Buddys c6z

Wcch ported and milled heads
Average size cam
Fast intake
Nitrous (wont be spraying it)
560 rwhp
Close to 700/700+tq on spray haha
Big and littles
I believe his BEST ET 10.3x @ 136
Most of the time car traps 134 to 135 on a good run.

Im prob going to need some drag radials to get some traction. What do you guys think will be the outcome? Im hoping my car puts down 690 to 700rwhp and match those numbers with tq...
Thanks for reading!

Should make for a good run. Get on it video :bowdown:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Just a guess, but if you're at 700rwhp and he's at 560 and not spraying, you should handle him pretty easy provided you can get traction.

:shrug::rollseyes

There was a video somewhere on here where a 570rwhp C6Z ran door to door with a 730rwhp '13 GT500.

NA_Cobra

Established Member
That would be great but these c6zs ALWAYS seem to impress me. Im coming from a hci nitrous c6z as well. Mine went low 10s at 138 on motor!! 136 average mph. He has a bit smaller of a cam. Seems like average bolt on 13 gt500 traps 134 to 135ish average. To me sounds like it may be a drivers race! He continues to say itll be a joke n he will mop the floor with my shelby and said i made a big mistake by selling my c6z haha I just tell him to be careful bc he might get beat by a bolt on car lol i dont even have headers...

He won't be moping with the floor with you as he expects, but I do think he'll edge you out unless you even the odds and get LTs.

13GT500SG

Established Member
Id like to see what happens here without lts. Im sure down the road i will hat headers!

NA_Cobra

Established Member
The only factor against you is the power/weight... you definitely will make alot more power than him, but the C6Z's move out... you will need at least 100 more rwhp than him I would say to take him. If you are in the 675rwhp range after mods, you should win it, provided the driver mod is all good.

A 570rwhp C6Z went 6.89 0-130mph
A 730rwhp '13 GT500 went 6.80 60-130mph

I'm not seeing how you guy are summating, "EASY" wins for the 500 less LTs. :shrug:

Last edited:

NA_Cobra

Established Member
Yea man sounds like good power for bolt ons! What gears? I might try those nittos! Id like to touch base with you in a couple monthas again and get another quick review on those tires!

I run Toyo R888s on my Z. They bite harder than my Nittos and the RA1s bite harder than the R888s. :beer:

Crushinator

Established Member
Should be real interesting. Both cars are badass. I think it'll all come down to the driver. But if I had to lay my hard earned money on one car it'd be the Vette...I think, no the Shelby...I mean the Vette. :shrug: I have no idea. But be safe when you do it.:beer:

Poppacapp

Established Member
Yea man sounds like good power for bolt ons! What gears? I might try those nittos! Id like to touch base with you in a couple monthas again and get another quick review on those tires!

I have the SVT Performance Package so it has 3.73 gear. I am hoping the Nittos last at least 10k miles. Thats my goal anyway. But I wouldnt expect them to last that long during racing season due to burnouts at track etc. But like I said...i like them so much, i will just keep a spare set ready to swap out when needed.

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I think its going to come down to a driver's race, but, all things being equal if I was forced to bet, I think the C6Z by a hair. :shrug:

Now, let's see the vid!

13GT500SG

Established Member
Lol im anxious too but itll be in 2 -3 weeks weather permitting. Gotta get together with my buddy when i get my car back.

Users who are viewing this thread