Cam Recommendation

tpaukovits

Established Member
Looking at installing cams in my 04 cobra. I'm really after that race/strip aggressive idle sound, so I've been told to purchase Comp Cam Stage 3 Blower Cams (106460). Just curious what others would recommend. I heard a few folks suggest crowler cams, but I got more recommendations for comp cams. Thoughts?

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
^L&M's shouldn't. Michael designs the entire cam from scratch. Plus Tuners will have to spend more time dialing the tune in also. I'd venture to guess some of those aren't very good at driveability issues.

My motor should be back soon but not sure when it will be back in the car and running. L&M is doing the build and it's a 5.0 Boss build with a set of their custom cams. I'll be sure and start a thread when it's up and running.:thumbsup:

The reason they aren't recommended is because you'll easily have $2,000 invested for questionable hp/tq gains. L&M's might add a lot of hp/tq but nobody has proven that compared to off the shelf cams. L&M's cams are expensive but I didn't have a problem in the end paying what I did because you're paying for his knowledge and like I said above he designs the entire cam. Not just a change in duration and lift or some other basic changes. Then he has a machine to check them once they come into his shop.

Users who are viewing this thread