Can a cop call you idiot?

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
Apparently you are unaware of how government and the funding works, a small portion is from taxes, and other infrastructure; but on the same account what you pay in taxes may or may not equal what I pay in taxes myself and therefore saying you as a tax payer pay my salary is an argument that is full of misnomers. A large portion of my own Department is paid for by the city infrastructure which could be attributed to tax payers as much as it is a tax payer that pays you to make french fries at McDonalds (per se); in that it is largely tax payers who pay to use the service (without paying a tax, but an actual service EG transit).

Lol, let me summerize your statement......it comes from taxes.

Azrael

Úlfhéðnar
Established Member
I believe so but then again they're not being paid to do a job, and as I stated above they are being paid by the tax payers.

There is absolutely no reason to be degrading, maintain self control and professionalism l. What's so hard?

What's so hard is trying to give you a notion of how it works in the real world. You know the place outside of your ideological vacuum where people get shot at, run over, stabbed, physically attacked, and verbally abused with a smile and a "Thank you sir for paying your taxes!"

Oh yeah I did volunteer for this, and love and do my job because in the end we know who will do it, who won't, or just plain can't do it.

Good day to you sir.

Lol, let me summerize your statement......it comes from taxes.

EDIT: Shoot, I just realized I am wasting my time... Horse on me...

Last edited:

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
I believe so but then again they're not being paid to do a job, and as I stated above they are being paid by the tax payers.

There is absolutely no reason to be degrading, maintain self control and professionalism l. What's so hard?

Not all agencies are funded by tax revenues, FYI (I happen to work for one).

Question for you... Have you ever lost your cool and said something half-cocked? Be honest now...

TERMIN8TR

Established Member
What's so hard is trying to give you a notion of how it works in the real world. you know the place outside of your ideological vacuum where people get shot at, run over, stabbed, physically attacked, and verbally abused with a smile and a "Thank you sir for paying your taxes!"

Oh yeah I did volunteer for this, and love and do my job because in the end we know who will do it, who won't, or just plain can't do it.

Good day to you sir.

Or "who shouldn't" (per se)

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Not all agencies are funded by tax revenues, FYI (I happen to work for one).

Question for you... Have you ever lost your cool and said something half-cocked? Be honest now...
\

I don't want to get in the middle of the pissing match, but exactly what government agency state or federal is not funded by taxes?

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
\

I don't want to get in the middle of the pissing match, but exactly what government agency state or federal is not funded by taxes?

There are a few out there that operate solely on non-appropriated funds. I work for the Bureau of Reclamation. Our budget is set based on sale of power and tourism related fees. Zero from taxes. In fact, the surplus is sent to the general fund.

bmxer89

Established Member
I guess they can i live in chicago and the way they talk to me is way worse then using the word idiot

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
\

There are couple of Federal L.E. Agencies that are self sustainable. U.S. Customs service (and its progeny) is the oldest L.E. Agency in the country and it has always sustained itself by the fees it collects for the services provided.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
There are a few out there that operate solely on non-appropriated funds. I work for the Bureau of Reclamation. Our budget is set based on sale of power and tourism related fees. Zero from taxes. In fact, the surplus is sent to the general fund.

There are couple of Federal L.E. Agencies that are self sustainable. U.S. Customs service (and its progeny) is the oldest L.E. Agency in the country and it has always sustained itself by the fees it collects for the services provided.

LOL thanks didn't realize there were any that were truly entirely self sustaining.

I guess now when idiots accuse me of being a know it all I can point them to this.

bigjohnson4.6gt

Street Menace
Established Member
I got called an idiot by a cop. Took a right, didnt get on it or anything, came around a corner and a k-9 unit was there. Cop stops me in the middle of the street and asks me if im done being an idiot. I shook my head and he sent me on my way. He must of though I got on it because my car is loud.

Users who are viewing this thread