Can MGW shifter be bought anywhere but their site???

deec73

Established Member
If you look around, you can find one on the market section used. I bought one last week for 150 bucks from Sicboy and I installed it yesterday. I must say, I was blown away by the feel of this shifter. Ive had other mustangs with Pro 5.0 shifters, and I had a GT with a Steeda Triax and I must say this MGW is leaps and bounds better than them.

Ive had my car for a year and a half and wish I had bought one of these shifters back when I first bought the car. Its not only better for speed/power shifting but its better for everyday driving as well.

2003Slobra

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
MGW doesn't have any dealers. Stangmods is selling it for more because they are most likely buying it from MGW retail and trying to mark it up just to have market on it. I have contacted MGW various times trying to work something out, but they wont budge. They are strictly retail only. Just buy it from them directly, and like Bob said, if you need Gaskets we have plenty in stock for $5.00.

Last edited:

rexisme

Established Member
i just ordered mine from stangmods.... they take paypal and it came w/ the shifter gasket and free shipping.... 200 bucks total... oh well, from waht i hear its worth it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You are right Matthew. The last time I talked to George he said MGW does not wholesale to distributors. So Stangmods must buy the shifters at regular retail and mark them up slightly, just to be able to offer the best shifter on the market for the Mustang on their site.

deec73

Established Member
i just ordered mine from stangmods.... they take paypal and it came w/ the shifter gasket and free shipping.... 200 bucks total... oh well, from waht i hear its worth it.

Its DEFINATELY worth it bro. You could pay 250 bucks for it and wouldnt regret it.

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
had stock, had triax with an MGW handle. NOTHING better that MGW shifter with Bob's gaskets. Nice shifts , short throws.

Users who are viewing this thread