Can someone please explain how Ford/SVT keeps ****ing up?

SpectorV

Established Member
lol thats a very little bit of weight going to a vert, is it really only 4040 with a vert.. im betting its going to be more than that.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
mc01svt said:
How about letting ACTUAL car people with technical backgrounds make the decisions :idea:

That would make too much sense. Thank the bean counters for much of the rediculous things Ford has done in the past. One of my favorites is how the 1st gen SHO was a decent performing car yet the second and third got progressively slower and slower with added weight and the loss of a manual transmission. Ford had a nice p/u with the Lightning but now it is as extinct as a dodo bird. Now, you get a vehicle with piggish amounts of hp/trq yet it weighs more than Fat Bastard. Get with the program! All I can do is shake my head and wonder who makes the decisions and how they were afforded those opportunities.

taronis

Banned
03CobraConvert said:
But without Volvo, there wouldn't be that hillarious scene in Gone in Sixty Seconds!

I want my damn Volvo!

VOLVOS AND SAABS -- FAVORITE CARS OF SHE-MALES, HE-SHES, SHIITES, FRENCHMEN, CANADIFEMS, HILLARY CLINTON, SHIMS, MIDDLE-CLASS LIBERALS, AND OTHER ASCORTED HOMOS!

UCBeau

mc01svt said:
bingo, hit the nail on the head. THis is what happens when your company is run by people with MBNAs, finance/marketing degrees.

How about letting ACTUAL car people with technical backgrounds make the decisions :idea:
MBA's you mean.

Wow.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
NyteByte said:
What exactly is making this car so much more heavy?

Is it the big 5.4 liter engine?

cast iron block :nonono:
4v heads
eaton supercharger
heavy duty drive shaft/axles/rear suspension
larger wheels and tires

ford should have stuck with pushrods for large v-8s. They still can't even keep up with chevy and dodge even with 3 valve heads. pushrod engines are more efficient, lighter and cheaper to build.

don't get me started on comparing the exhaust note of a modular v-8 compared to a 302 :nonono:

Last edited:

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
SanDiego01Snake said:
MBA's you mean.

Wow.

MBA, MBNA, NBA, WNBA........................ who cares. they all don't have any experience with mechanical engineering or know anything about cars!!!!

2k1cobra

Established Member
mc01svt said:
cast iron block :nonono:
don't get me started on comparing the exhaust note of a modular v-8 compared to a 302 :nonono:
Yea, modulars sound better. :D

cmb570

Established Member
98_Snake said:
It's still the fastest Mustang outta the box.

Im not sure about that. It might be the most horsepower mustang every. But I need proof on performance numbers from this PIG :pop:

skinsand

Established Member
welcome to 9 months ago...Did Doc accidentaly lock you in the Delorean Marty?

Your a ****tard for bringing this horse-corpse back to life again for another flogging.

Cars in general are getting heavier...thank US safety standards for that among other things.

Even exotics are heavy now. Many are the same weight (or more) as the shelby. Please visit that forum for a damn clue. This stupid topic has been beat to death.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
2k1cobra said:
Yea, modulars sound better. :D

yeah sure, I've heard way too many cobras at the track that sound like popcorn machines :rollseyes

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
cmb570 said:
Im not sure about that. It might be the most horsepower mustang every. But I need proof on performance numbers from this PIG :pop:

There already numbers out there.....making this the fastest mustang out of the box :poke:

Lawless03

Established Member
why do so many people bitch about a thread being posted again..obviously people are still talking about it..just because you are over it, instead of bitching, try not reading..i knew it was gonna be heavy, but this is the first time i have seen an actual weight..4000 is a beast..

BelvedereGTX

Banned
skinsand said:
welcome to 9 months ago...Did Doc accidentaly lock you in the Delorean Marty?

Your a ****tard for bringing this horse-corpse back to life again for another flogging.

Cars in general are getting heavier...thank US safety standards for that among other things.

Even exotics are heavy now. Many are the same weight (or more) as the shelby. Please visit that forum for a damn clue. This stupid topic has been beat to death.
I disagree, I think the vettes just keep getting lighter :shrug:

tvguy

Wow, I am truly impressed at how many automotive engineers there are on SVTPerformance.com that can take a car from a clay model to production and have it weigh 3500lbs or less and under $40K. You guys are brilliant!! WITH the SN197 chassis (heavy to begin with) no less and a 5.4 engine AND a blower. I wont' mention the various government tolorences that they had to jump through. Least of all sound, which adds weight. Yet Ford couldn't pull it off. Wow, they must suck??!! You people have ZERO clue of what the engineers went through to bring this car to production. Let me say it again: ZERO!!!! Give me a damn break.
pacotaco

skinsand

Established Member
pacotaco said:
Wow, I am truly impressed at how many automotive engineers there are on SVTPerformance.com that can take a car from a clay model to production and have it weigh 3500lbs or less and under $40K. You guys are brilliant!! WITH the SN197 chassis (heavy to begin with) no less and a 5.4 engine AND a blower. I wont' mention the various government tolorences that they had to jump through. Least of all sound, which adds weight. Yet Ford couldn't pull it off. Wow, they must suck??!! You people have ZERO clue of what the engineers went through to bring this car to production. Let me say it again: ZERO!!!! Give me a damn break.
pacotaco

+1000

Users who are viewing this thread