Can someone please explain how Ford/SVT keeps ****ing up?

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
pacotaco said:
Wow, I am truly impressed at how many automotive engineers there are on SVTPerformance.com that can take a car from a clay model to production and have it weigh 3500lbs or less and under $40K. You guys are brilliant!! WITH the SN197 chassis (heavy to begin with) no less and a 5.4 engine AND a blower. I wont' mention the various government tolorences that they had to jump through. Least of all sound, which adds weight. Yet Ford couldn't pull it off. Wow, they must suck??!! You people have ZERO clue of what the engineers went through to bring this car to production. Let me say it again: ZERO!!!! Give me a damn break.
pacotaco

note...................... I have automotive/engine design experience from John Deere and Ford motor co. :read:

don't assume everyone is an armchair quarter back

Badasp5.0

Established Member
taronis said:
VOLVOS AND SAABS -- FAVORITE CARS OF SHE-MALES, HE-SHES, SHIITES, FRENCHMEN, CANADIFEMS, HILLARY CLINTON, SHIMS, MIDDLE-CLASS LIBERALS, AND OTHER ASCORTED HOMOS!

LOL I drive a volvo 240, and its the only one in the planet that has a bush chaney '04 sticker on it...lmao
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CANADIFEMS and SHIMS
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

wals9331

Stupid Kid w/Fast Car
Established Member
Thank God you cant do any weight reduction, suspension upgrades, or bolt-on mods to make this car better the factory. oh wait.....yeah you can :poke:. I think the current cobra owners need to get beyond there jealous BS. Ive seen the car, ridden in the car, clicked through the gears on the car, etc. The car is faucking awesome, enough said!

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
BeyondLimitz said:
There already numbers out there.....making this the fastest mustang out of the box :poke:

12.7@116 by my count, that doesn't exactly get MY 6speed powershifting if you know what I mean (anatomical reference) :pepper:.

Mercedes E55 AMGs run 12.5@116 in a 4237lb car.

Um....... :bash:

Hopefully the aftermarket will wake the hibernating beast in that 5.4.. :burnout:

2k1cobra

Established Member
mc01svt said:
yeah sure, I've heard way too many cobras at the track that sound like popcorn machines :rollseyes
Ive heard many 5.0s that sound like ls1's and thats even worse. :uh oh: :xpl: :kaboom: :rollseyes

Got5onIt

Mean Green Nation
Established Member
NyteByte said:
What exactly is making this car so much more heavy?

Is it the big 5.4 liter engine?

I think removing all of the ridiculous Shelby markings is good for ~500lbs.
:D

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
Ok, who ever gets a new GT500, maybe this person should make it his goal to lighten it up 800 pounds and get it to about 3000pounds which is a good fighting weight. Who wants to place bets it can't be done with that heavy-ass engine?

skinsand

Established Member
dtheo said:
Ok, who ever gets a new GT500, maybe this person should make it his goal to lighten it up 800 pounds and get it to about 3000pounds which is a good fighting weight. Who wants to place bets it can't be done with that heavy-ass engine?

...800 lbs.

Good luck taking that off any production car and keeping it streetable. 800lbs yeah right.

00 Aggie

Its just a slow vert...
Established Member
MBA, MBNA, NBA, WNBA........................ who cares. they all don't have any experience with mechanical engineering or know anything about cars!!!!

Wow

03CobraBro

Established Member
2k1cobra said:
Here we go again. Do you not ****ing view the damn GT500 section, theres atleast 5+ threads on this. Go over there and bitch with all the other terminator owners. :kaboom: :burn:

Bitch with all the other Terminator owners...? I thought it was the potential GT500 owners that were bitching. :shrug:

One thing as a Terminator owner though, despite the 03/04 Cobras being a tad on the heavy side themselves, I'll never get to know what it feels like saying my car weighs as much as my truck does. ;-)

Last edited:

98_Snake

Established Member
Lets just all wait for when the GT500 is released to the public and have people running it at the track. Stop mag racing and just wait. Don't judge this car yet... :read:

2k1cobra

Established Member
03CobraBro said:
Bitch with all the other Terminator owners...? I thought it was the potential GT500 owners that were bitching. :shrug:

One thing as a Terminator owner though, despite the 03/04 Cobras being a tad on the heavy side themselves, I'll never get to know what it feels like saying my car weighs as much as my truck does. ;-)
Arent a lot of the potential GT500 owners terminator owners as well? :dw: Yea and youll never get to say your truck is as fast as a GT500. :poke: ;-) :p

CleanCobra

The Anti-Bling
Established Member
2k1cobra said:
Arent a lot of the potential GT500 owners terminator owners as well? :dw :p

I think some 03-04 owners don't like the idea of being knocked off the top of the Cobra hill. But that's the way it goes, and I think we should be happy that the cars we love are handling better, getting faster, safer and more refined. (Even if it is a few hundred pounds heavier)

BLUE OVAL NUT

RAGING PONYCAR DRIVER
Established Member
mc01svt said:
bingo, hit the nail on the head. THis is what happens when your company is run by people with MBNAs, finance/marketing degrees.

How about letting ACTUAL car people with technical backgrounds make the decisions :idea:
Education is great we need those smart engineers to give us new technology to go faster with less motor, but i still wish they had a car guy too :idea: Should have kept Mr. Coletti around :thumbsup: .

earl lee

Established Member
2k1cobra said:
Arent a lot of the potential GT500 owners terminator owners as well? :dw: Yea and youll never get to say your truck is as fast as a GT500. :poke: ;-) :p

But I bet they handle the same.

50 BMG

Socialpath media
Established Member
CleanCobra said:
I think some 03-04 owners don't like the idea of being knocked off the top of the Cobra hill.

IMO, we were never on top...

2000CobraRRed.jpg

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
skinsand said:
...800 lbs.

Good luck taking that off any production car and keeping it streetable. 800lbs yeah right.
300# is a realistic goal...if all goes correctly I will have a 3500-3600# Shelby.

Users who are viewing this thread