Can the new Bronco stack up against the Jeep Wrangler?

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
Never knew I was a Jeep guy, until I was a jeep guy. Had fords all my life. Rangers, explorers, SVTs. I still am a Ford guy at heart but man I do love the Jeep life. Everything about it. My Jeep is older than dirt. 20 years old. 267,000 miles. It ticks. It knocks. It gets 14mpg. Won't do over 55. But holy shit its the funnest vehicle I have ever owned. Its out lasted all my fords put together. No power windows. No power locks. The inside is dull and bland. Im good with that. I love it. Its like the Millenium Falcon. Its a bucket of bolts but it gets me there and back. I have no interest at all in a newer one. I know my jeep intimately. I know every bolt, every rivet on it. Did all the work myself. Built it, not bought it. If I ever do get a new one, it would be a 4 door for business and riding clients around. I'll never get rid of this one.
20200703_080244.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Never knew I was a Jeep guy, until I was a jeep guy. Had fords all my life. Rangers, explorers, SVTs. I still am a Ford guy at heart but man I do love the Jeep life. Everything about it. My Jeep is older than dirt. 20 years old. 267,000 miles. It ticks. It knocks. It gets 14mpg. Won't do over 55. But holy shit its the funnest vehicle I have ever owned. Its out lasted all my fords put together. No power windows. No power locks. The inside is dull and bland. Im good with that. I love it. Its like the Millenium Falcon. Its a bucket of bolts but it gets me there and back. I have no interest at all in a newer one. I know my jeep intimately. I know every bolt, every rivet on it. Did all the work myself. Built it, not bought it. If I ever do get a new one, it would be a 4 door for business and riding clients around. I'll never get rid of this one. View attachment 1652938

Jeeps are THE shit. There is a reason their resale is great. There is a reason there is a cult following. It’s not just a vehicle, it can be a lifestyle. I love keeps myself. Have almost pulled the trigger myself.

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
I moved from a 2012 Wrangler to a 2012 4Runner...becuase of crap ass quality with the Jeep and chrysler nor honoring basic warranty items. My 4Runner has been trouble free, except for a few recalls and a finicky child lock on the rear doors - that wont reset to open at all times which now that I have a 5yr old i dont care its stuck in "working" more lol.
With that said the ONLY thing that could make the new Bronco better would be a 5.0 and honestly now that its getting the 2.7 Ecoboost , it still checks enough boxes that i fully plan on sizing one up when they hit dealer. I'm one that doesn't plan on taking the doors and roof off so i want to see the over all construction and how well it seals up. I want to compare interior size and options. I also know of 7 people who said...well i was thinking about a new wrangler next year, i'll wait for the Bronco.. Two of those people actually reserved a Wildtrack.

IA Shelby

Established Member
i did and I regretted it lol
Drive a new jeep to at least frame a relative comparison. Then make the call. I am betting on both sides. Keeping my 18 rubicon and have reserved a new bronco. I should have a pretty good real world comparison when i get in a year from now.

colin450

Established Member
Never knew I was a Jeep guy, until I was a jeep guy. Had fords all my life. Rangers, explorers, SVTs. I still am a Ford guy at heart but man I do love the Jeep life. Everything about it. My Jeep is older than dirt. 20 years old. 267,000 miles. It ticks. It knocks. It gets 14mpg. Won't do over 55. But holy shit its the funnest vehicle I have ever owned. Its out lasted all my fords put together. No power windows. No power locks. The inside is dull and bland. Im good with that. I love it. Its like the Millenium Falcon. Its a bucket of bolts but it gets me there and back. I have no interest at all in a newer one. I know my jeep intimately. I know every bolt, every rivet on it. Did all the work myself. Built it, not bought it. If I ever do get a new one, it would be a 4 door for business and riding clients around. I'll never get rid of this one. View attachment 1652938

Those first few sentences describe me 100%. Never knew I was a Jeep guy till I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my 07 GT500. Wanted a fun cruiser my wife and I can enjoy with our daughter and hit the beach with on the Cape. I never want to get out of the thing.

8a10a6d8f261e2c014aeac85f8f53bdf.jpg

The Bronco looks awesome. I’ll check it out if I ever want to get rid of this Jeep.

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
I bet mine doesn't even dyno triple digits, but I will have a hard time getting rid of it. Longest I've ever had a vehicle, most work I've ever done to a vehicle (many of which my dad led the way), and most dependable thing I've ever owned...i just cannot pass someone going 52 in a 55, and THAT is a problem. I'd like to just add a truck that could haul this or the car...but if the 2.7 is as mod friendly and reliable as I'm reading, well, it might force my hand.

Mine is not as nice as most of these yall are posting, all 3 tops have leaked, I no longer have carpet, but I can hop in it sweaty and take rocks on gravel roads or from dump trucks and simply not worry. Counted like 16 chips in my windshield the other day lol. If I had 5.3 or 6.0/6l80 I might just never sell it.
55c97a4fc8af968fa37ef803414ccc6f.jpg

8a474e26c1967be88d93067858614b19.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

john11gt

Established Member
I bet mine doesn't even dyno triple digits, but I will have a hard time getting rid of it. Longest I've ever had a vehicle, most work I've ever done to a vehicle (many of which my dad led the way), and most dependable thing I've ever owned...i just cannot pass someone going 52 in a 55, and THAT is a problem. I'd like to just add a truck that could haul this or the car...but if the 2.7 is as mod friendly and reliable as I'm reading, well, it might force my hand.

Mine is not as nice as most of these yall are posting, all 3 tops have leaked, I no longer have carpet, but I can hop in it sweaty and take rocks on gravel roads or from dump trucks and simply not worry. Counted like 16 chips in my windshield the other day lol. If I had 5.3 or 6.0/6l80 I might just never sell it. View attachment 1653105
View attachment 1653106

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that a 4 cylinder? The thing probably needs to be re geared

kaz109

Established Member
Idk I just could never get into getting a jeep for the reasons stated...they are SLOW af and very cheap interior and still demand a premium.

While that does speak volumes I just would rather have something like a wildtrak that would still be fun to drive off road and keep up with 90% of what a jeep can do all while actually having power to merge onto the freeway and be able to pass ppl. If jeep actually makes the 392 wrangler than maybe it's a more level playing field but even then I still fill like it will ride like crap.

I have driven a 2020 gladiator overland ( not on trails) for a weekend and talk about underwhelming.....just my opinion of course but a jeep and Tacoma are both are the wrong side of 300hp to be enjoyable to drive on anything besides the Moab

jvandy50

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1653107
Someone is stating this is oem axle articulation.
If you look closely, he has a Currie antirock sway bar, so if that was not installed he’d have farther to go lol. No flares, obviously tiny to no bumpstops...i bet it’s not even a long arm. If you put bigger tires on a factory JK(unsure on JL) and disconnect the sway bar, your fender flare is gonna be the first to go.
Is that a 4 cylinder? The thing probably needs to be re geared
it’s the factory 3.8/42rle...with 140k on it, regeared to 5.13. It’s fine around town after the regear, just can’t pass anyone at highway speeds without some major planning and luck.

Outlaw99

Join us.
Premium Member
That is Flippin gorgeous!
Those first few sentences describe me 100%. Never knew I was a Jeep guy till I finally pulled the trigger and traded in my 07 GT500. Wanted a fun cruiser my wife and I can enjoy with our daughter and hit the beach with on the Cape. I never want to get out of the thing.

View attachment 1653024

The Bronco looks awesome. I’ll check it out if I ever want to get rid of this Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread