Can you shave off "shelby" if you have stripes?

AtlantaGT500

Established Member
Don't buy a Shelby. Go find something else and leave the cars to people who appreciate all aspects if them. "Shelby" had nothing to do with your experience. Your venom has been misplaced for a lot if years my friend.
This :rockon::rockon::lol::lol::rockon::rockon:

Rob Nelson

Established Member
Don't buy a Shelby. Go find something else and leave the cars to people who appreciate all aspects if them. "Shelby" had nothing to do with your experience. Your venom has been misplaced for a lot if years my friend.

+1 If you're still really pissed off, buy something else...

662HP631TQ

Established Member
^ what involvement was that? He had no input on the engineering of the car unless he some how became familiar with plasma lined cylinders lol. SVT engineers are the credit to what the GT500 is, not the guys name on the car meant to drum up sales.

I humbly disagree. SVT had a...

Performance Compact car - SVT Focus
Performance Coupe - SVT Cobra
Performance Sedan - SVT Contour
Performance Truck - SVT Lightning
Performance Super Car - Ford GT

A lot of those died when Shelby came on the scene and replaced the SVT moniker. Only one performance vehicle was offered which was the GT500 and then you had possibly the dumbest vehicle ever created which was the Shelby GT which only offered an intake, tune, springs, catback exhaust, and of course that wonderful NAME for how much more than a standard GT?????

[youtube_browser]HlqjChw9H3A[/youtube_browser]

I like the Raptors but it's the answer to a question that no one was asking. They look great but they are slow and offer nothing close to what the lightning did in terms of performance.

I think Ford/SVT has certainly progressed from the dark days of the 3V's and that platform but certainly has a long way to go in terms of what it once was. The 13 Shelby's remind me of the glory the 03's started which is why I'm considering them.

SVT Contour PRE-SHELBY SVT FOCUS PRE-SHELBY! SVT LIGHTNING PRE-SHELBY!

Point is during the time the Shelby came out the were very little SVT products.

AND Let's NOT forget...SVT=SPECIAL VEHICLES TEAM...NOT FAST VEHICLES TEAM! For someone claiming to know their heritage, purpose, and philosophy, The Raptor is called expanding your business and ADM's and as many as are sold should tell you that....Yeah someone was asking that question!

There are a lot of Butt Hurt Terminator lovers that just don't get it and love SVT's name. I don't understand it. Shelby, SVT, Ford what does it matter? Don't be lazy shop around and appreciate the car.

Let me be clear I LOVE the Terminators and believe my 13 GT500 is a direct descendent!

Are you an Apple Fanboy too?

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I stopped reading after OP's second post.

Man, you need to pull your big boy pants up and quit letting something that happened 6 years ago ride on your shoulders; you remind me of my girlfriend.

There are ADM's out there on a lot of cars that don't have "Shelby" on them; Raptors, ZR1's, Viper ACR's, etc. There were guys that PAID upwards of a $25k ADM on the 2007 because they thought it would be a one or two year run, I can remember one dealer in Kansas that sold one for $30k over.

You should go buy a ZL1, they don't have "Shelby" on them, and I'm sure a dealer would basically hand you the keys for nothing. :poke:

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
The trunk lettering is easy to remove if you wish. Ford was smart to use the shelby name, they sold a ton of cars and it helped revive SVT to what they are now.

This!!! ... There was a lot of talks at before this time of the future of SVT!! .. I believe what you said to be the case as well.

Crowley

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
OP are you trolling?

The SVT program was NOT doing well- in fact- there was talk about cancelling it all together in 04/05. The cars just didn't sell well. 04 Lightnings and 04 Cobras rotted on lots

In came the Shelby GT500 in 07. It littrraly saved SVT. Why? Because it sold cars.

So if you like a Shelby GT500 which was designed by SVT, you have to realize why this car is even possible. It's because the Shelby name helped sell cars, and kept SVT up and running. Actually- it probably saved SVT.

Take the badges off all you want- but don't be ignorant to what actually happened. And why we actually even have this car.

Myfast70

Established Member

^^^^

What he said! :beer::beer: OP, I think your hate for Shelby is misguided. Have you been beaten by a Shelby before? I think you should join camaro5.com or whatever the STI forum is and go buy one of those cars and you'll just get waxed by every single '13 or '14 Shelby that rolls up next to you. There's plenty of info out there that shows Shelby had some sort of involvement with the GT500 beside just slapping his name on it and collecting a check.

The OP sounds like a camaro5 troll, lol

SDBs13GT500

Established Member
I agree whole heartedly that the OP should go buy something else. First off, the 07 was not designed or built under the SVT banner. Second,if you want to take the Shelby emblem off, then take it off for the right reason not because of a bad taste in your mouth from what a dealer told you in 2007. Third, yes mark ups are a pain in the ass but these cars are not meant for everyone to buy. Keep in mind that these are serial numbered cars, recognized in the SVT and Shelby registerys. The name Shelby brings respect and attention in the automotive world, so keep that in mind.

You speak of previous SVT vehicle like the Focus and Lightning. They are not produced anymore because there is no market for them. The focus and the lightning were niches in the automotive world. I think the lightning if brought back would do extremely well since no other manufacturers are producing a truck like that. Like all manufacturing items, when sales are down models are redesigned, canceled and new models are manufactured to sell.

If you want one of the previous SVT vehicles go buy one.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
Very well said.

However id like to add one thing to the OP, if you don't like it GO POUND SAND!!! no one is here to listen to you bitch because your panties are in a wad over a jack ass dealer. move on..

OP are you trolling?

The SVT program was NOT doing well- in fact- there was talk about cancelling it all together in 04/05. The cars just didn't sell well. 04 Lightnings and 04 Cobras rotted on lots

In came the Shelby GT500 in 07. It littrraly saved SVT. Why? Because it sold cars.

So if you like a Shelby GT500 which was designed by SVT, you have to realize why this car is even possible. It's because the Shelby name helped sell cars, and kept SVT up and running. Actually- it probably saved SVT.

Take the badges off all you want- but don't be ignorant to what actually happened. And why we actually even have this car.

5.0 guy

Established Member
I say go for the ZL1, the name is already removed before its built and numbers are limited since nobody wants one. Enjoy looking at the Shelby name illuminated in front of you from the tail lights of a real Shelby enthusiast. What a troll I mean tool.

Turbo mach1

Established Member
I say go for the ZL1, the name is already removed before its built and numbers are limited since nobody wants one. Enjoy looking at the Shelby name illuminated in front of you from the tail lights of a real Shelby enthusiast. What a troll I mean tool.
camaro_mullet1309648950_zps056c4f53.jpg

Third Honk

It's OK, I'm Handsome
Established Member
Thanks for the replies and I have to agree with the posts that say get something else. Didn't realize how much tension I still held about the subject until discussing it, it's petty and likely misguided but it's there. At least some part of the joy of owning an automobile comes from the way it makes you feel sitting still in the garage. I don't think I could ever feel the way about a Shelby as I did about a Cobra (first attainable car I visually fell in love with) even though the new Shelby's are an incredible platform and I'll appreciate/gawk at them in the hands of other owners.

The search continues, the other cars I'm considering other than the Shelby are/were an 08 Viper (my wife calls it a penis car is it's big drawback :( ), 997 (expensive to mod), GTR (not very attractive and expensive to mod but an incredible platform), Aston Vantage (painfully slow but gorgeous.) If any of you have input on those or other suggestions I'd be happy to here them.

Enjoy your great cars :beer:

jream

mods, DAMN peer pressure!
Established Member
I don't think I could ever feel the way about a Shelby as I did about a Cobra

shelby IS a cobra just fyi

the 07's would have had the same ADM bs and would have cost the same regardless of the shelby name being on the car or not. had an 03 and had an 07 (and a 94 and a 98). the ADM had nothing to do with shelby's name regardless of what your sales idiot told you. the 03's had them, 07's had them. same $hit, different day. they would have given any excuse or bs name or anything to jack the price up because people will pay no matter what.

so i guess i'm at a loss for your misguided resentment...? :shrug:

5.0 guy

Established Member

Awesome pic!:beer:
Seems the op is not trolling but just a bit misguided with his opinion of the Shelby name in reference to ADM's. I think the ungraded performance adds to supply and demand which causes ADM's. every car I own has had an ADM which I've never paid. If you want to be first to own one and not a savvy buyer then an ADM is what you will pay. Good luck OP with your search! :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread