**Cancelled till 2010 - MACA Drag Day @ MIR

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Have a HUGE day planned for the MACA drag racing folks and our invitees! First, we are hosting Round #2 in the Terminator Shootout series that was a great success last year. And second, we have invited our friends at 6-Speed Online to join us in some ole fashioned Index Racing!

This event will be on Saturday, October 17th from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) in Budds Creek, Md. The gates will open at 8:15am and all are encouraged to get their early to maximize their day! MIR has a reputation for positive density altitude conditions as it has an elevation of 80 feet and October weather in Maryland usually provides a great opportunity for setting personal records. Last year's Terminator Shootout was held on October 11th and the DA was -209 when the racing started and that with an unseasonably warm temperature of 60 degrees.

The Terminator Shootout!
The goal of the 2nd annual Terminator Shootout is to once again promote the largest gathering in history of 03/04' Cobras at any one drag racing event! At last years event, we set the current record with 42 Terminators participating in the racing and 83 spectators/crew members! Our goal this year is to have 60 Terminators! The Terminator Shootout is limited to 03/04' Cobras only. Once again there will be three racing classes: 1) Eaton only - IRS, Solid Axle, Manual, Auto, and 2) Open - Eaton with spray, Twin screw, Turbo, or Centrifigul, 3) Bracket class (Non Terminators welcome this year!!!). Winners will receive a $250 cash prize in each class, (still looking for a couple of sponsors!).

MACA Invitational Index Racing!
MACA is inviting the folks to participate in an index-style drag racing format which will take place between the Terminator Shootout class racing. This will be an opportunity for MACA's non-Terminator and Terminator Cobras to participate in the day's events against some High powered Mustangs, F Bodys, Corvettes, and Chryslers. There will (tentatively) be 3 ET index classes to choose from: 10.50, 11.50, or 12.50. There will be a possibility of a 4th Open class if necessary. All racers are invited to participate in the Bracket class racing as well.

Cost will be $40 for racing and $15 for spectators. Screened UnderArmour event Terminator Shootout T-Shirts (Blue or Maroon this year....), will be available for sale at the event for $20 per shirt. The MACA membership will assist our out of town guests with lodging if so desired.

Terminator Shootout Sponsors!!!
1) Posi Performance - Expert in blower porting, TB/Plenum porting, and much more. Distributor for Dragon & Metco products. (Screen name = Posi)

2) Wiseguy Racing - Distributor of just about any Cobra/Mustang performance part ever made!! And great mechanic! (Screen name = Wiseguy@BAP)

3) Craig's Custom Mustang Brackets - Home of the "No Drill Front License Plate Bracket". Excellent product! (Screen name = TORQJNKY)

4) Johnny Lightning Performance - Full service Mustang/Lightning shop, specializing in motor building, Kenne Bell sales/installs, and tuning. (screen name = Johnnylightning)

Post on up if you're in! Please indicate which Class or Index you would like to race in. ALL RACERS will be able to participate in the Bracket Class.

Terminator Shootout Participants
1) IronTerp - Eaton
2) Posi - Eaton/Open?
3) Venimus03 - Eaton
4) 04yellowcobra - Eaton
5) blown281 - Open (turbo)
6) z28th1s - Eaton
7) Snakesvt04 - Open
8) blksvtCOBRA714 - Eaton
9) BADASS03SVT - Eaton
10) VAMPIR3 - Open
11) 03cobra283 - Open
12) 2bscrewed - Open (turbo)
13) Boobinspector - Eaton
14) F8LBITEva - Eaton
15) NeverFastEngh - Open
16) C MY 4D - Eaton
17) 96stanggt - Eaton
18) 03 TOPLESSSVT - Eaton
19) 1fastredcobra - Eaton
20) 96n03Cobra - Open
21) BlckBox04 - Open
22) TRBO VNM - Open (turbo)
23) Evil_SVT - Open
24) Blown86 - Open
25) VENOMOUS96 - Eaton
26) MrMason - Bracket ?
27) Nino S - Open
28) StrokerCobra -Open
29) Cobra2706 - Open
30) Red Poison - Eaton
31) HURTEM - Eaton
32) WV_Snake - Open
33) SONIC BOOM 03 - Eaton
34) SLOWBRA98 - Eaton
35) Ethomass - Open
36) 10thcoupe - Eaton
37) sonic03snake - Eaton
38) uloze04cobra - Eaton
39) Juiced46 - Open (turbo)
40) Tims97SVT - Eaton
41) Evan5469 - Eaton
42) DEVIL - Eaton
43) 03CobraDom - Eaton
44) CST 03 - Open
45) tms217 - Open
46) CobraMan69 - Eaton
47) Stinkapuss - Eaton
48) eiu88gt - Open
49) 03Sonic - Open
50) DocB - Eaton
51) Horsepower Solutions - Open
52) Cop I Am - Open

Some quick notes:
- We will be using a Full Sportsman Tree for all racing classes. There will be a 2 to 2.5 hour test and tune period prior to the start of the class or index racing, (Great time for personal records or......More!). The Bracket class will follow shortly after for anyone that would like to participate. Cost is $40 for the day for all classes or indexes.

Last edited:

Phantom

El Jeffe 302
Established Member
Have a HUGE day planned for the MACA drag racing folks and our invitees! First, we are hosting Round #2 in the Terminator Shootout series that was a great success last year. And second, we have invited our friends at 6-Speed Online to join us in some ole fashioned Index Racing!

This event will be on Saturday, October 17th from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm. at Maryland International Raceway (MIR) in Budds Creek, Md. The gates will open at 8:15am and all are encouraged to get their early to maximize their day! MIR has a reputation for positive density altitude conditions as it has an elevation of 80 feet and October weather in Maryland usually provides a great opportunity for setting personal records. Last year's Terminator Shootout was held on October 11th and the DA was -209 when the racing started and that with an unseasonably warm temperature of 60 degrees.

The Terminator Shootout!
The goal of the 2nd annual Terminator Shootout is to once again promote the largest gathering in history of 03/04' Cobras at any one drag racing event! At last years event, we set the current record with 42 Terminators participating in the racing and 83 spectators/crew members! Our goal this year is to have 60 Terminators! The Terminator Shootout is limited to 03/04' Cobras only. Once again there will be three racing classes: 1) Eaton only - IRS, Solid Axle, Manual, Auto, and 2) Open - Eaton with spray, Twin screw, Turbo, or Centrifigul, 3) Bracket class (Non Terminators welcome this year!!!).

I'm a tenative for the bracket class with my LX, I just need to get somethings done. This would be a great oppourtunity for me.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I've posted this over on 6speed. I'll pull names over as they come in. Should be a fun day. May just throw the compounds on and run the P. AWD will keep me straighter down the line.

04yellowcobra

Established Member
DG you know I will not be missing this!!!!! We may even have my buddies fox ready by this time as well so he might be coming as well.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
If my car is all put back together and broken in by then, I'll be racing. Not sure what index or anything yet, but hopefully 11.50

MYSLO4-6

SVT97
Established Member
Dwight, you might want to post this over on the NVMC website too ???

I might be in on this with my 97' Cobra ???? not sure yet.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
Sounds like another fun day. :banana:

I'm in; I guess I'll try the 'Eaton Only' and/or the 11.50 index class.

Last edited:

VAMPIR3

Established Member
Count me in! I will be finished with my new setup by then:rockon:
Open Class for me please.

-Chris

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
LOL, very funny Dwight. You might wanna take me off the Open class, I will not be able to compete there. I'll run index over with the 6speed guys and race the bracket...if I have time. Thanks for posting this btw, I was out of town all weekend, so I'm a little behind.

There will be a few EFA guys with us at this event as well, so don't be surprised if a couple of firechickens show up to play. I'm not thinking there will be many of them, maybe 5-10, including Nick (NXTSUMR), Moose, and MightyMouse. We've been using their event for our races for years, and since Moose didn't want to run the rental this year and I took the contract, we decided to change up the format a little to something more exciting. But since they've been kind enough to allow us (and me in particular...for the last 10 years) race at their events I'm going to continue to extend the invite to the few of them who still participate.

NVMC is welcome to come out and run the index (and bracket) classes, but please, if you start a thread over there do your best to keep track of who is coming and keep it posted over here. We need to keep close tabs on attendance to make sure we don't get so many cars that nobody has any fun, and we can't finish the racing classes. Jason Miller has already been kind enough to offer some additional flexibility if necessary but I don't wish to take unfair advantage of his offer.

This is lining up to be a very busy, and very very fun day of racing, so I encourage everyone to make it out if you can, even if you only come to watch.

EDIT:

This list will be for the inital signup of folks for index racing. Anyone who doesn't qualify for the Terminator shootout, will be welcome to compete here, so this list will change on race day.

Index Class Attendance:
-------------------------
1) ScottinSSMD - ?
2) SYMach1 - 11.50
3) sunburned - ? - 11.50
4) z28th1s - ? - 11.50
5) FISHTAIL - 11.50/Bracket
6) Mikey org gt500 - 11.50
7) sexywrxchick - 11.50
8) Novi357 - Tentative
9) My94GT - Tentative
10) Mikey org gt500 - 11.50
11) Hlistr_07RR - 12.50/Bracket +2
12) SPRAYED DAILY - 12.50
13) 951MystiCobra - 12.50
14) Hardtop (EFA) - 12.50/Bracket
15) 10thcoupe - 12.50 / Bracket
16) bmfgt (NVMC) - 12.50 / Bracket
17) DKITCHEN (EFA) - 12.50 / Bracket
18) Dirk Diggler (EFA) - 11.50 / Bracket
19) big dave (EFA) - 11.50 / Bracket
20) SS RRR (EFA) - Tentative
21) chevyman22 (EFA) - ??? / Bracket
22) bLu-Z64 (EFA) - ?? / Bracket
23) Carlo's Unbeatable GTO friend + 2
24) Callaway Cobra - ?? / Bracket
25) LARRY01Z28 (EFA) - ?? / Bracket
26) 96n03Cobra 11.50 / Bracket
27) RED LS1 (EFA) - 12.50 / Bracket
28) builtbullitt - ?? / Bracket
29) Cop I AM - 10.50 / Bracket

Last edited:

Boobinspector

Established Member
I'm in brackets and eaton class. Would anyone happen to have a set of slicks I could try out? I really want to see what this car will do if it hooks. The d#@$ thing traps 116 to 118 everytime. Anyhow Dwight go ahead and put me down. Thanks.

My94GT

Established Member
as long as my car is running i can go. just gotta get a fuel set up and tune and put the new trans in my car.

edit- read that wrong the first time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread