Can't Remove Eaton

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
First off, I'm not there, but I'm having a buddy of mine replace my Eaton with a KB. He says he can't get the supercharger out of the car. He says he can pull it up but not remove it. I'm sorry, I wish I had more details but I'm in Iraq so this is second hand info. Can somebody PLEASE tell me what he can do. :shrug:

ctubbs

Established Member
Make sure he has unplugged the coolant line on the bottom/backside of the intake manifold. You cant see it or reach it until you pull the blower up about 6 inches in the front, then reach far as you can towards the fire wall and you should feel it from there.

Or, there is a wire harness that has a plastic tab that connects to the back lower part of the blower that can stop you from pulling the blower all the way out. I had problems with this when i did my swap a month ago. I could lift the blower about 6 inches up but not out, it felt like it was catching on something. Then i seen the stupid plastic tie still connected to the back of the blower below the EGR. I cut the tie and lifted the blower off.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
+1, intercooler tubes at the front of lower intake. take lines off, lift up the SC and lower intake, remove the 4 bolts, the pull the tubes out. When I did mine, i just removed the SC and lower intake together so i could smooth out the lower intake runners since it has a sharp egde to them.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Tell him to go to vimeo.com...search eaton removal...it has an entire video of how to do it. and shows the issue at the end that does hold some people up...

mustang john

Established Member
You may want to find someone else who knows what they are doing, i would never want somebody to learn on my car. I know your not here and your freind is trying to help but this doesnt sound too good. Just my .02

Screamin03Cobra

formerly 'pony2000gt'
Established Member
I'm in Dallas and have removed mine a few times. If he needs help let me know. Where you at in Iraq? I just got back in August from Taji.

JJB03COBRA

Established Member
Thanks for all the input!!

He went talk to a mechanic and he walked him through the whole process. I'm still gonna have a REAL mechanic look it over and tune it, I was just trying to save a couple of pennies.

Screamin03 I'm in Tal Afar right now, I was in Taji from 06-07 with 1st Cav.

Jomo1994z71

Can I get a KB WooWee!
Established Member
Like I said the at vimeo.com...there is an entire video on how to to do it...
Good luck...

RussZTT

Established Member
I don't see why people don't remove the entire thing that includes the lower, just remove it all as one piece. It takes me 15min to completely take the charger off with the lower.

Users who are viewing this thread