Car and Driver picture of 2015 mustang

NinjaBum

Established Member
Well that would be a shame as I'd buy the one in Car and Driver and I wouldn't buy one that looks bland like the CAD image you linked.

I'll trust the guys who got the C7 right over some random dude on the internet.

Last edited:

331coupe

Established Member
Well that would be a shame as I'd buy the one in Car and Driver and I wouldn't buy one that looks bland like the CAD image you linked.

He's legit, and has seen and driven a 15. He just said that is the most accurate, not that it will look identical.

slidai

Established Member
Maybe I am the only one, but I really liked some of the concepts I saw. I was hoping for a larger departure from what we have now.

NinjaBum

Established Member
He's legit, and has seen and driven a 15. He just said that is the most accurate, not that it will look identical.

Could be that he has seen one most closely resembling base V6 trim on the outside whereas Car and Drivers resembles a GTs trim with the vents and all that. Similar to how 2013s have vents on the GT and not the v6.

NinjaBum

Established Member
Maybe I am the only one, but I really liked some of the concepts I saw. I was hoping for a larger departure from what we have now.

A lot of people seem to have ignored the "evolutionary not revolutionary" statement Ford made in regards to this car. That implies you're still going to be able to see elements and styling cues from the previous generation in the new one.

GTMamba

Established Member
A lot of people seem to have ignored the "evolutionary not revolutionary" statement Ford made in regards to this car. That implies you're still going to be able to see elements and styling cues from the previous generation in the new one.

Link?

When did they say that? I remember them saying the opposite.

331coupe

Established Member
Could be that he has seen one most closely resembling base V6 trim on the outside whereas Car and Drivers resembles a GTs trim with the vents and all that. Similar to how 2013s have vents on the GT and not the v6.

It's not the trim and vents, it's the car itself, the rear end isn't the same, nor is the front end. It looks a lot more like the CAD images, which are a good bit different than the C&D photo.

MRSUPRA

Established Member
The backend looks decent. But I'm still not feeling that big grille between the headlights.

heatsoaked12

Established Member
:xpl: please no! that's one of the worst renderings I've seen yet. The sales will tank in my opinion.

Last edited:

NametoShowOther

Established Member

We are all random dudes on the internet and car and driver is the press. Which is more believable. - probably no one, note the NSA has seen it and they like it

331coupe

Established Member
We are all random dudes on the internet and car and driver is the press. Which is more believable. - probably no one, note the NSA has seen it and they like it

I'd trust you guys on the internet before I'd trust the media, of course though, the media never lies lol. I can promise everyone C&D photo is not the real deal (sincerly random dude on the internet)

Last edited:

Badass_Forever

Established Member
I'd trust you guys on the internet before I'd trust the media, of course though, the media never lies lol. I can promise everyone C&D photo is not the real deal (sincerly random dude on the internet)

Those Pictures are Not, Not it................... There will be a performance increase. You when know more then its released. But if you're buying a new car........... wait for fords 2015 lineup.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Those Pictures are Not, Not it................... There will be a performance increase. You when know more then its released. But if you're buying a new car........... wait for fords 2015 lineup.

I think the rendering looks good but I definitely won't buy one when they first get released. I will try to wait patiently until all the engine and transmission options are available. Let them work the bugs out for a couple years and also want to wait for the Aftermarket to catch up with it.

Chameleon76

Formerly Bad_302
Established Member
Very nice. Nice balance between muscular and refined. Pretty much as I've been preaching over the years...
- Smaller...lighter...check.
- Narrower front fascia to enhance the front flares...check.
- Tucked rear-end...check.
- Sharper edges on the snout (like the first new Shelby GT500)...check.
- Moderately larger hips to hold more meat...check.
- More pronounced waist...check.
- Lose the bogus side vents...check.
- Less black plastic...check.
- Upgrade on the usual Mustang cues...check.
- IRS...check.

:rockon:

applejack

Banned
The car pictured looks fantastic! It is time for a change. The retro guys can surely find enough commonality here to cotton up to this new offering it this is actually the car.

mtrsprt

Established Member
DEFINATELY not buying one after this leak......it's not impressive one bit... The rear is round and ugly. Tail lights have crappy contrast. This is a relief for my wallet and savings. That's for sure. Gonna pick up another 13/14 FTW

331coupe

Established Member
DEFINATELY not buying one after this leak......it's not impressive one bit... The rear is round and ugly. Tail lights have crappy contrast. This is a relief for my wallet and savings. That's for sure. Gonna pick up another 13/14 FTW

That isn't what the 15 is going to look like

JohnRichard

MT82 Speed Shiftin Maniac
Established Member
No kidding... right price, right HP... a car to kick the 14 camaro z/28's butt... the 12 in yellow with factory C strip sitting in my garage will be gone... sale or trade.

Users who are viewing this thread