Car and Driver tests GT500. Runs 11.4@132...

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
^^^ The big brains weigh in, but the videos I posted say you both have smaller brains than you think.

My brain isn’t big, but I use it better than you two apparently.

Dude....I totally understand what you’re saying.

But you’ve also claimed a drag radial is magically going to give a car 3-5mph trap speed increases.

It’s not your claims or science I doubt. It’s the exaggerated nature of the claim I doubt. Especially since I’ve put a drag radials on one of the cars we’re discussing and personally seen no (or at best marginal) trap speed increases despite improved 60’s by close to half a second....in the same DA....at the same track.....in the same lane.

Oh and that demon is on the 808 tune so it’s basically a widebody Redeye at that point with worse drag characteristics.

Make it a standard body and add your 4 second 130-150 to a 10.5 to 11 second 0-130....that 17.7 time is pure crap.

*except maybe on the all season Pirellis. I’ll readily admit that.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Hellcats pickup 3-5mph often from drag radials, check your plugs, I don’t know what to tell ya. They spin way too much/long on the factory tires. It’s almost like driving on snow tires or something. I’ve honestly never been a fan of pirelli tires but maybe I’ve never had the right ones.

Going from an r888 or nt01 to a drag radial won’t do much at all for trap speed, maybe 1mph. Going from those pirellis to a drag radial does wonders. Same for taking run flats off a z06 and swapping to drag radials.

If I said earlier that the gt500 is gonna trap 5mph higher from drag radials, I was wrong. If it can drop from 1.7 or 1.8 60ft times to 1.50-1.55’s, then it might pick up 2mph. It’s not spinning much, and it looks like it bogs on very sticky tracks.

93 347 Cobra

Established Member
I’m just a loud mouth by nature, it has nothing to do with this forum exclusively, you give me too much credit. You must hate my politics, god bless you, and Merry Christmas. On a 60mph+ freeway roll, a red eye charger should mob. I’d probably bet on a stock redeye charger over a 2020 gt500 if both are stock power-wise from a 60 roll especially if it’s a gurney wing gt500 or the carbon fiber track pack. Lower drag coefficient and more torque of the redeye Charger is excellent for freeway rolls.. Then again, if gt500’s are really putting down 700whp then it should win regardless in base (non gurney or cftp) form.

I think a good 3-4 second is needed for your red eye to go from 130 to 150, yes. Time it and let us know. My personal experience is I can easily hit 130-140 on an on ramp, but burying my speedometer to 160 takes maybe 3 times that amount of distance/time. I have a hard time to hop on, bury the speedo, and hop off the freeway if it’s under 10 blocks. I think an average onramp is about 1-2 blocks. I have 800whp on pump gas and .35~ drag coefficient. I’m not certain my car can go 130-150 in much under 3 seconds and itll trap 140-145mph on that’s setup.

There’s only so much time to cover distance in a race. If you spend fractionally more time, you are likely to be fractionally slower assuming perfect traction. That said, tires unwind once spun a little too much and that does translate to forward motivation. Do a rolling burnout at 40 and then let off the gas. Rubber band effect will push you clear past 50mph. I saw it on need for speed, promise.

If you have wheels that are spinning just a little off the line, when they unwind, it can bolster acceleration but be a slower run over all. If you chirp/spin slightly through a gear change like 1-2, 2-3 etc it can give a little boost too as the wheels translate the excess motivation and eventually return to match vehicle speed again. This is a big reason why a power shifted car can trap 2-3 mph faster than a very very quickly speed shifted car.

If you spin em to 330’ though, then yer run will be crap because you wasted 1/4th of the run doing a John force. You struggle to trap with 10mph of a proper run.

Dodge hellcats and red eyes spin stock pirelli tires to 330’ pretty easy and need to be heavily pedaled. That’s why they pick up so much trap speed with just a tire. Very torquey power delivery. The gt500 is much less torquey so it simply won’t get much any of that. It might honestly just bog a bit unless a tune can raise the launch control rpm.

A Redeye is NOT more aerodynamic than a GT500. CD isn't the whole story, you have to factor in frontal area and there's a huge difference between the two. By virtue of less frontal area the GT500 faces less overall air resistance at speed.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
All I know is I pity the first unsuspecting GT500 owner that really thinks a Redeye is slower by almost 3 seconds to 150 and tries one from a highway roll.

LOL Why? Is the 2020 GT500 going to spontaneously combust? LOLOLOL

**** outta here. The RE is garbage. Any ****ing mopar is complete TRASH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
LOL Why? Is the 2020 GT500 going to spontaneously combust? LOLOLOL

**** outta here. The RE is garbage. Any ****ing mopar is complete TRASH.

get the **** out of here.... lol

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Dodge had all the Ford loyalist pussies panties up in a bunch.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Another motor trend dud... lol

They can chalk this one up, right next to the C8 dyno testing that they did. Lmaooo.

Tezz500

Established Member
Dodge had all the Ford loyalist pussies panties up in a bunch.

Loyalty is the result of producing reliable, quality high performance vehicles.

Mopar is SHIT. Ask me how I know.

eb1ff23090aaf07fa22ac3c6cfae6620.jpg

After Two Engine Blocks, Three Transmissions and a quick side by side comparison of my 93 Lightning and This up on a lift... I realized Mopar isn’t about building quality... it’s about cutting costs and selling as many vehicles as possible.

There’s a reason they’ve been passed around like a cheap Atlantic City hooker by nearly every European Automaker over the passed 20 years.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Loyalty is the result of producing reliable, quality high performance vehicles.

Mopar is SHIT. Ask me how I know.

View attachment 1613985

After Two Engine Blocks, Three Transmissions and a quick side by side comparison of my 93 Lightning and This up on a lift... I realized Mopar isn’t about building quality... it’s about cutting costs and selling as many vehicles as possible.

There’s a reason they’ve been passed around like a cheap Atlantic City hooker by nearly every European Automaker over the passed 20 years.

bro, you can’t be stuck in the 90s!

Mopar has come a looooooong way. Is it perfect? Hell no.But neither is Ford, nor Chevy, nor Toyota, for that matter.

You can’t honestly be a car guy and not appreciate what dodge has done. No ****ing way.

I would agree that Ford has a higher quality track record vs dodge. But that is that different discussion.

Redeyes are the mother****ing shit, so is the new 500. You can’t really dislike neither, you can’t.

Tezz500

Established Member
bro, you can’t be stuck in the 90s!

Mopar has come a looooooong way. Is it perfect? Hell no.But neither is Ford, nor Chevy, nor Toyota, for that matter.

You can’t honestly be a car guy and not appreciate what dodge has done. No ****ing way.

I would agree that Ford has a higher quality track record vs dodge. But that is that different discussion.

Redeyes are the mother****ing shit, so is the new 500. You can’t really dislike neither, you can’t.

Sure I can.

All experiences I’ve had with Ford thus far have been 100% awesome.

Ever since I bought my 08 Shelby, I never looked back.

Right now I own:
2019 F150
2017 Focus
2014 Shelby GT500
1993 F150 Lightning

All of which have been fantastic to drive.

I swore off Dodge in 05. And I will NEVER own another hunk of shit mopar.

NOW... that’s 100% Ford Fanboy status. Agreed, Conceded and Accepted.

But why is that? My experiences.

**** Dodge. They built the RE... wow.
Got anything off the factory floor doing Mid 8s???

Mustang CobraJet?

Or anything that competes with the Ford GT??

104ncp.jpg

Tezz500

Established Member
Mark my words, 500s and Redeyes are gonna be pretty tight run in the streets. No way will the red eye be 3 secs behind... lmao!

As the RE guys are in the pits fixing tweaking and making runs to autozone for broken parts while us Ford Fanboys are finishing up our runs taking mama out to a nice steak dinner with the cruise control on and AC blowing ICE COLD.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Sure I can.

Right now I own:
2019 F150
2017 Focus
2014 Shelby GT500
1993 F150 Lightning

Mustang CobraJet?

View attachment 1613989

thats a helluva opinion to have from some bad encounters with a manufacturer (15yrs ago).

That would be the equivalent to having some bad running ins with some females, when you were a young buck and then just deciding to switch teams and never **** with females again. Based on those shit interactions.

I mean, there would be nothing “wrong” with it and that would be your prerogative based on your experiences, but I would not approach it like that.

Dodge has the only 9 sec street legal vehicle. Has the most horse power for a production vehicle. Baddest road course car.

Ford GT? Thats multimatic through and through. Wish it wasn’t so, but it really is.

Cobra jet? Not street legal, no care.

While you are busy taking mama to a steak dinner, Redeye guys will be busy taking mama, pops, wife, son and all of their combined luggage to a weekend getaway, cross country, with full luxuries at the Keys. Once they get there they will have a lobster dinner.

blk02edge

Established Member
Sure I can.

Right now I own:
2019 F150
2017 Focus
2014 Shelby GT500
1993 F150 Lightning

Mustang CobraJet?

View attachment 1613989

5 seconds of research will show you that dodge does have a CJ competitor, as does chevy. Not sure why nobody knows this.

And the Ford GT is hardly even a Ford. Great car but totally useless to us "poors"

Tezz500

Established Member
thats a helluva opinion to have from some bad encounters with a manufacturer (15yrs ago).

That would be the equivalent to having some bad running ins with some females, when you were a young buck and then just deciding to switch teams and never **** with females again. Based on those shit interactions.

I mean, there would be nothing “wrong” with it and that would be your prerogative based on your experiences, but I would not approach it like that.

Dodge has the only 9 sec street legal vehicle. Has the most horse power for a production vehicle. Baddest road course car.

Ford GT? Thats multimatic through and through. Wish it wasn’t so, but it really is.

Cobra jet? Not street legal, no care.

While you are busy taking mama to a steak dinner, Redeye guys will be busy taking mama, pops, wife, son and all of their combined luggage to a weekend getaway, cross country, with full luxuries at the Keys. Once they get there they will have a lobster dinner.

Let’s be honest... that dodge ain’t making it cross country. I’ve driven my GT500 all over with zero issues.

Only way I’d take a Dodge is is the Ecoboost is towing that trash!

It’s not simply experiences 15 years ago. I talk to Mopar owners and they bitch about the same ****ing shit I did years ago. Friend of mine talked up all this hype about an SRT JEEP... AWD system was all ****ed up, trans was garbage. Truck was SHIT.

Because it’s a ****ing MOPAR.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Let’s be honest... that dodge ain’t making it cross country. I’ve driven my GT500 all over with zero issues.

Only way I’d take a Dodge is is the Ecoboost is towing that trash!

It’s not simply experiences 15 years ago. I talk to Mopar owners and they bitch about the same ****ing shit I did years ago. Friend of mine talked up all this hype about an SRT JEEP... AWD system was all ****ed up, trans was garbage. Truck was SHIT.

Because it’s a ****ing MOPAR.

Rofl! Obvious trolling

How’s the married life ?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
A Redeye is NOT more aerodynamic than a GT500. CD isn't the whole story, you have to factor in frontal area and there's a huge difference between the two. By virtue of less frontal area the GT500 faces less overall air resistance at speed.

I think the hellcat redeye Charger is more slippery. If you look, I’ve only claimed the 4 door sedan. I know the challenger is obnoxiously boxy, I think .42 iirc. The widebody version is like .45 iirc. The frontal area of the charger and the gt500 is probably within 15%, but the gurney and cftp gt500’s have hundreds of lbs of downforce on top of the drag issues. From a 60 roll, I still think a redeye Charger will do well if not beat a gurney pack or cftp gt500.

The sedan is slippery, I think it’s .35, lemme see if I find a link. Edit, I saw the regular charger ‘16+ is .35 according to hellcat forum. It’s the first that comes up when you search hellcat Charger drag coefficient. I don’t know what the bigger wheels/so on do going from a plebeian v6 Charger to a hellcat or widebody does but also factor it is lower so maybe it balances out.

Also to @Sirhc7897 I reread the entire thread and stand by my 3-5mph improvement on a hellcat going from stock pirelli’s to drag radials. I never said the gt500 would pick up trap speed in this thread, I still might have in another tread though. You even agreed with me when uou said “if you’re talking about the stock pirelli’s then that’s different”

I think we’ve discusded simantics and conditional bullshit for 3 pages.

You also said you went 132-134mph on your RE with heavier reproduction wheels and drag radials. It’s your first post, then you said you went 126/7 in a stock hellcat years back, then you went 126/7 with drag radials, I think it was your second post. So which is it? Is it different in your experience to run drag radials vs pirelli’s on your hellcats trap speeds or was it the same? Did your red eye trap 132mph stock as well as on drag radials? I’ve never seen a red eye trap 133 on pirelli’s.

Im standing by my statements in this thread.

And Geoffrey Epstein didn’t kill himself.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread