Car Payments

rwboring

Established Member
about 25 min from south bend, indiana (notre dame)... we dont usually start engineers out that high but we have a bonus and incentive program that after a year (it takes that long to be good at it) if you work hard you can make a shit ton more...

Ltd10th03cobra

3.4 Whipple Crusher 22psi
Established Member
I financed the car a little more than what it was sold to me for to do all the mods at the same time. I didn't feel like waiting to mod

moddestmike

2 Degrees/Still Confused
Established Member
about 25 min from south bend, indiana (notre dame)... we dont usually start engineers out that high but we have a bonus and incentive program that after a year (it takes that long to be good at it) if you work hard you can make a shit ton more...
I'll gladly take the pay cut to get out of IT but I will have to wait till after the fall, if you haven't found anyone by then I'll be contacting you the day finals are done.

rwboring

Established Member
sounds good... and actually... just so you dont forget because it is for a civil firm... i am a dual mech and aero... another guy is a mech and we have an IE and an aero also... so its not like it is MAJOR civil work...

GHIG RTR

Banned
Guys i just wanted to throw this out there, but how do you all feel about your car payments? Do you pay the min payments or pay double? I just get tired of people that are under their loan and mod the hell out of their car and talk shit when they are faster... I guess i'd reather be out of debt then run 11's...

I don't mind my car payment at all and pay the regular payment. As for getting tired of people talking smack when they still owe on their cars, .......get use to it. It's the American way, finance a car and help your credit score at the same time. Everyone has their own opinion on debt though.

KICKDOFFTHETOUR

Established Member
I dont understand why it would be a problem to pay the debt/loan off as it was laid out by the bank, 30k/5years.... Sounds like a okay deal to me?!? So do you do the same with your house payment, pay double each time?

Common

Established Member
I dont understand why it would be a problem to pay the debt/loan off as it was laid out by the bank, 30k/5years.... Sounds like a okay deal to me?!? So do you do the same with your house payment, pay double each time?

A house is a bit different, if your mortgage is 2,000$, for the first few years, it will be around 1,700$ of interest and only about 300$ of principal therefore making it a lot harder on most people.

Buuuuuuuuuut, if you actually can send extra on your conventional mortgage, you will knock off A FEW YEARS actually by doing what it seems to be a just a "little" extra. Because all "extra" you send goes DIRECTLY off of the principal balance.

Common

Established Member
^^^ I always wondered about paying more on the mortgage and where it goes

Anything extra you pay goes directly against the principle for that month, so a 2000$ mortgage can actually be beat out by 400$ extra if you're looking at how much of principle have you paid off in reality.

Mortgages RAPE people, expecially for the first 7-9 years, principle wise, it is insane.

2,000$ monthly mortgage is about 75-80% interest, and the rest actually goes towards the balance(principle) of the loan.

swoosh_stang

I'm not evil, Trust Me
Established Member
I always round up to the next $100. If my payment is 450 I pay 500, 350 I pay 400, that's how I've always done it.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
This thread is still about car payments, right? :lol1: My payment is $240, I've been paying that exact amount every month since I bought it. The SS was a 5 year loan that Will paid off in 2, and I should be able to pay mine off this summer (2.5 yrs into a 4 year loan) The majority of my mods were the result of an insurance claim, the rest of the stuff was bought used, at great prices. It humors me sometimes to see people dump thousands into modding a liened car (sometimes as much or more than they owe!), and then have to sell it cheap to get out of debt, that was their dumb mistake. And it usually results in cheap parts for me.

rwboring

Established Member
actually you should do it even more on a house... because for the first few years your hardly put anything on the principle but if you just add alittle its like making double payments...

bit

Happiness is being blown!
Established Member
On the only car payment I have ever had I paid every extra cent that I had. I paid the 5 year loan off in 10 months. I would not do it any other way.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
Guys i just wanted to throw this out there, but how do you all feel about your car payments? Do you pay the min payments or pay double? I just get tired of people that are under their loan and mod the hell out of their car and talk shit when they are faster... I guess i'd reather be out of debt then run 11's...

i paid cash for all my ridez ;-) no loans for me......

but if i didn't have the money to pay cash i would get a loan then.

i have more respect for the guy who is runnin 11's on a loan than the guy who is runnin 13's with no loan :rollseyes

so how fast are you runnin the 1/4 mile?

Last edited:

venmos1

Established Member
on a 30 yr fixed mortgage, paying bimonthly (every 2 weeks rather than once a month) at the same amount will shave 7 years off. so if the mortgage is 700 per month, pay 350 every 2 weeks. as for cars, i used to want nice new vehicles. now im tired of throwing money into a vehicle. worst investment one can make. puting money into a house is another issue.

Users who are viewing this thread