Car shipping

jmsa540

Established Member
I’m in this same boat. I’m in the suburbs of St Louis and moving to Fort Worth in 3 weeks. I haven’t called for a quote yet but I’m expecting from what I’m reading like 2 grand for that. OP can you just drive it? Would save you lots of money

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yes bud, ive driven it before.

But i have three cars, one car will be shipped on my jobs own dime.

Ill ship cobra and my family and i will drive up there in rauder.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

automoto

Established Member
I booked Intercity lines to pick up my new GT500 from Texas and ship to New Jersey for a couple reasons. The same driver and truck that picks up my car will be the same when it arrives at my house. Reliable said they would switch the car out at their east coast warehouse and put it on a different truck. When I called Intercity, a human answered the phone and the the guy I spoke with several times was really nice and answered all my questions. Reliable had an automated service and the guy sounded like he could care less about what I was asking him. Intercity was $100 cheaper but that really didnt matter at almost $2,000 to ship it. I read a bunch of reviews for both companies, good and bad experiences for both. I have a 1-3 week pick up window for the car, 1 week is almost down. Its going to be a long wait lol, never shipped a car before so I have my fingers crossed. Good luck OP, i’ll report back with my experience if you want.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Ive used it several times now with no issues. U jus provide ur info and numerous companies will send u quotes and u decide from there.

Whats the process of this?

Pretty legit?

Ive used budget auto shipping twice and now i think its time for something else.

jmsa540

Established Member
I booked Intercity lines to pick up my new GT500 from Texas and ship to New Jersey for a couple reasons. The same driver and truck that picks up my car will be the same when it arrives at my house. Reliable said they would switch the car out at their east coast warehouse and put it on a different truck. When I called Intercity, a human answered the phone and the the guy I spoke with several times was really nice and answered all my questions. Reliable had an automated service and the guy sounded like he could care less about what I was asking him. Intercity was $100 cheaper but that really didnt matter at almost $2,000 to ship it. I read a bunch of reviews for both companies, good and bad experiences for both. I have a 1-3 week pick up window for the car, 1 week is almost down. Its going to be a long wait lol, never shipped a car before so I have my fingers crossed. Good luck OP, i’ll report back with my experience if you want.
Please do

suicidekings

Garage Queen
Established Member
The negative feedback about Reliable surprises me. I had good luck with them every time.

In my scenario they promised the car would be shipped straight through from Brooklyn, MICHIGAN to Arizona. They gave a quote and made the appointment. When they missed the appointment they claimed it was made for the afternoon. So we just confirmed pickup time, it would go straight through and price.... this is when they said it would be put in a warehouse until they had enough cars to go to AZ. They couldn't give a time when it would arrive and they said it would be $500 more because the quote was for Brooklyn, NEW YORK. Well wouldn't NY be more than MI as its several hundred more miles???? Also how do you have the pickup address in front of you and claim you quoted wrong based on having the wrong state... They said that we gave the wrong state. Why would I say NY when I was born and raised in MI???

Very disorganized and a lot of finger pointing, misleading and said whatever to make the booking.

As stated Intercity was amazing, car never came off trailer and wasn't stored for any reason.

4rd Toys

Polishing my SVTs....
Established Member
Yes bud, ive driven it before.

But i have three cars, one car will be shipped on my jobs own dime.

Ill ship cobra and my family and i will drive up there in rauder.

I know every company is different, but have you contacted the department that is handling your move to re-consider shipping two vehicles?
I had a similar situation & pushed the company I worked for to re-consider since I have a family- which means two vehicles in 99% of working households. Which they ended up doing for me.

.................................................................................................................

If not-
Have you made contact with the shipper your company is providing you? They would probably provide you a discount since they already have one vehicle to process.... you would receive your rides at the same time too...
Thinking out loud here....

taco7

Established Member
Another vote for Intercity. When I bought my used GT500 I used them and they were great.

nxhappy

Established Member
don't expect to get it in a few days (for long hauls) . It's a diesel that goes 50mph for **** sake.

Also, laws have changed. They are cracking down big time and drivers can only go 11 hours before shutting down. Get an enclosed trailer so your ride doesn't get ****ed by the weather and elements. Again, don't expect to get your car at lightning speed.

jmsa540

Established Member
I know every company is different, but have you contacted the department that is handling your move to re-consider shipping two vehicles?
I had a similar situation & pushed the company I worked for to re-consider since I have a family- which means two vehicles in 99% of working households. Which they ended up doing for me.

.................................................................................................................

If not-
Have you made contact with the shipper your company is providing you? They would probably provide you a discount since they already have one vehicle to process.... you would receive your rides at the same time too...
Thinking out loud here....
Good advice.

Policy states only one car shipped, though.

automoto

Established Member
Another vote for Intercity. When I bought my used GT500 I used them and they were great.
What pick up time frame did Intercity give you and was that accurate? I have a 1-3 week pick up window.

What is an appropriate tip for the driver once the car arrives? Given that everything is ok with the car etc.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
What pick up time frame did Intercity give you and was that accurate? I have a 1-3 week pick up window.

What is an appropriate tip for the driver once the car arrives? Given that everything is ok with the car etc.
Ask the company about tipping. The company I used said the shipping price included the tip.

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
I'm in the process of this but on my 93 F-150. I went through A1 auto and simply put in my name, email address and phone number and I'm not joking within 2 seconds my phone started ringing and hasn't stopped much since. Email after email, text, calls, voicemails etc. Most of them call 2 or 3 times and sent the same amount of emails. I'm not kidding I bet I've gotten 15 phone calls, emails and txt so call it 50 contact attempts in 1 hour. This is pretty annoying honestly so keep that in mind

CV355

_
Established Member
I'm in the process of this but on my 93 F-150. I went through A1 auto and simply put in my name, email address and phone number and I'm not joking within 2 seconds my phone started ringing and hasn't stopped much since. Email after email, text, calls, voicemails etc. Most of them call 2 or 3 times and sent the same amount of emails. I'm not kidding I bet I've gotten 15 phone calls, emails and txt so call it 50 contact attempts in 1 hour. This is pretty annoying honestly so keep that in mind

Excellent way to prank someone, isn't it?

I did that myself when I got the '69 Mach 1 shipped in. Didn't realize it was like opening a barrel of monkeys.

Users who are viewing this thread