Car stalling and idle jumps up and down

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
My car has 46K on it I believe it has ordinal plugs in car. The car sat since beginning of November and the car was running fine when I parked it. During the winter I would occasionally start it and let it idle for awhile which I know isn’t good for plugs. Yesterday I was having tires put on my DD so I drove cobra to work and it would stall every time coming up to a light with clutch in. I would need to slightly rev motor to keep it alive. Also when I’m costing and get back on gas slightly I would get a hesitation. Now if I was accelerating the car seemed fine and runs smooth doesn’t seem to have a miss. I’m thinking it might be the plugs fouled? If so what plugs do you think I should get? Car is basically stock still just has intake and exhaust. I would like to sometime within the yr start modding like pulley, port and tune. I would like to get plugs that would work for both if at all possible.

Thanks for any help,
-Tim

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
Fuel filter is only about a yr and a half old. When I accelerate car runs fine even almost flooring it under boost.

cobracide

Established Member
TR6 @ .054 for low boost (stock), tr7ix @ .032 for high boost (pullied). You should read the plugs you have in there now first.

Last edited:

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I would change the plugs, maybe a stupid question but what about gas? Did you put in good gas afterwards?

This, I would start with the plugs. Also how long have you had the gas in the tank? Post a picture of the plugs if you can.

DICobra

Established Member
Check for any leaks along the intake tube... mine had a leak close to the throttle body, bought a new JLT CAI and so far no more stalling on deceleration or coming to a stop.

MoKo_03SVT

=]~
Established Member
a lot of people (including myself) use NGK TR6 plugs. they are cheap (about $2 per), and you can find them at just about any auto-parts store.

it prob wouldnt hurt anything to make sure your maf is nice and clean, as well.

03cobra 87GN

Established Member
I will check plugs this wknd. And gas is kinda old. Also I will check maf tube for possible leaks thanks guys

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
^ What they said on plugs but if it's still there after that then check the TPS voltage.

Users who are viewing this thread