Car was running and then it won't start the next day

calgarybandit

Established Member
Saturday night I took my car out for a cruise gave it some WOT pulls car was driving fine. I wake up on Sunday and the car would roll over but not keep a idle. One time I got the car to run at 2000 RPM, then idled for about a minute and then shut the car off and then it would roll over but not start again. There is fuel pressure, spark, MAF is clean and clocked correctly, put the computer back to stalk, flashed tune again, KAM reset, spark plugs are fine, no codes, battery is charged. I am at a lost why the car was working fine and this happened?

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
When you crank it right now does it try and start or just strictly crank over?

Also just for shits and giggles check all your fuses and see if any are blown.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
check all tubing probably one came apart, it could be subtle that it looks like it's still clipped but came apart

calgarybandit

Established Member
All fuses on the fuel, battery and fuse box are fine. Pipes on the cold side were taken apart to confirm the MAF was clean and no issues, car will turn over but not stay running for more then a second. I got it running one time and it ran rough until I kept the idle @ 2000 RPM for a minute then let it idle for a minute, thought everything was fine and shut off the car and went to turn it on again to confirm and the same issue came up and would not run again.

calgarybandit

Established Member
How did you determine it was the ckp sensor? Throw a code? No RPM signal?

No codes, cels, check engine, had fuel pressure, fuses were fine, MAF was clean, pipes were connected, battery was fine, spark, new spark plugs, flashed the tune, ran diagnostics no issues = throw a hail mary and change the crank position sensor. The car would turn over but not stay running and the night before I had it out for 4 hours with 0 issues!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread