Carbon Fiber Seats

Blaine

Established Member
Found these seats for the GT500. A really nice upgrade.

Seata.jpg

SlowSVT

Established Member
Nice looking "body cusps"

Too bad "Carol's" name is pasted on it. Can a "Shelby" line of perfume be far behind? That man would get his name embroidered in toilet paper if he could make a buck on it. Good grief :nonono:

What's the price and how much do they weight?

edit: hmmm, $2500 but they weigh 0.00 lbs. wonder if that includes the seat tracks

I love the stock Cobra seats which are the best I've ever sat in but hate the 60 lbs the driver seat weighs :cuss: 40 lbs for the passenger seat. All that dumb electrical motorized ajustments, air pumps and badders :dw:

The search continues :bored:

Last edited:

Blaine

Established Member
Nice looking "body cusps"

Too bad "Carol's" name is pasted on it. Can a "Shelby" line of perfume be far behind? That man would get his name embroidered in toilet paper if he could make a buck on it. Good grief :nonono:

What's the price and how much do they weight?

edit: hmmm, $2500 but they weigh 0.00 lbs. wonder if that includes the seat tracks

I love the stock Cobra seats which are the best I've ever sat in but hate the 60 lbs the driver seat weighs :cuss: 40 lbs for the passenger seat. All that dumb electrical motorized ajustments, air pumps and badders :dw:

The search continues :bored:

The webpage says SEATS 2499.00? If thats the price for both thats pretty cheap. Considering they are Cobra Misano Seats with Shelby logos on them. Cobra Misano seats alone are 1499/each. So if the Shelby ones cost 2499/each... I'll just get the ones that just say Cobra for a thousand less then.

Cobra Misano's weigh in at 29 lbs each.

Also, you don't want the seat tracks. You will have to use the stock seat tracks with the new seats. Otherwise your airbag sensors in the rails will go silly, and your airbags won't work right. You can fabricate aftermarket seats to work with the stock seat rails.

Last edited:

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
The webpage says SEATS 2499.00? If thats the price for both thats pretty cheap. Considering they are Cobra Misano Seats with Shelby logos on them. Cobra Misano seats alone are 1499/each. So if the Shelby ones cost 2499/each... I'll just get the ones that just say Cobra for a thousand less then.

Also, you don't want the seat tracks. You will have to use the stock seat tracks with the new seats. Otherwise your airbag sensors in the rails will go silly, and your airbags won't work right. You can fabricate aftermarket seats to work with the stock seat rails.

You thought they were cheap? I thought they are a rip...

They also don't give the dimensions of the seat.

SlowSVT

Established Member

Thanks for the info Blaine

Seats for me are a bit "down the road" but I like to keep my eye's open for options.

:beer:

Blaine

Established Member
You thought they were cheap? I thought they are a rip...

They also don't give the dimensions of the seat.

Cheap if you consider the seats without the suede inserts and no Shelby logo cost over 3 grand. Dimensions would be the same as the Misano seats. They only come one way. The Cobra Misano are one of the best seats you can buy under 3 grand. You buy cheaper seats... well you get just that... Cheap looking leather.

seat.specs.gif

SEAT____________A_____B____C___D___E_____F____G__WEIGHT
Misano L, AL, 30...20.5"...15"..OPEN..12"...23"....34"....20"....24 lbs.

Seats with no Shelby Logo 1499.99/each.
thumbnail.aspx

chimazo

Established Member
Also keep in mind that those seats would probably only work if you weigh a buck-fifty.
Those seats have some serious leg bolsters that remind me of the seats in the new Evo's. I tried to sit in one but it was more like sitting ON one.

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
Cheap if you consider the seats without the suede inserts and no Shelby logo cost over 3 grand. Dimensions would be the same as the Misano seats. They only come one way. The Cobra Misano are one of the best seats you can buy under 3 grand. You buy cheaper seats... well you get just that... Cheap looking leather.

seat.specs.gif

SEAT____________A_____B____C___D___E_____F____G__WEIGHT
Misano L, AL, 30...20.5"...15"..OPEN..12"...23"....34"....20"....24 lbs.

Seats with no Shelby Logo 1499.99/each.
thumbnail.aspx

way too skinny for my fat ass

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I went down to the COBRA distributor here and sat in those Misano seats. Very comfortable, and light weight as well.

breoland

Established Member

:

everyone is making it seem like he is a bad guy for doing it, think about all the athletes that do it. if you could get your name on toilet paper and make money, you would do it too...i know I would

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
everyone is making it seem like he is a bad guy for doing it, think about all the athletes that do it. if you could get your name on toilet paper and make money, you would do it too...i know I would
yea, god forbid someone market themselves. your a moron if you pass up the opportunity. brittney spears has her own perfume, jesse james has his on clothing line, paul newman had his own ****ing salad dressing(!!!), oprah has her own damn magazine("O, the oprah magazine" is the full name, the magazine if which features oprah on the cover of every single issue).

how the hell is shelby putting his name on a pair of seats any worse than, or even equivelent to, oprah having her own magazine???

Users who are viewing this thread