Carbon Fiber vs Aluminum driveshaft

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
When I moved on to a GT350 I sold most of the GT500 stuff I had. I talked to Tom Wenstrom (the gentleman that was machining them for me) about carrying on the flanges as there were a few that were interested. The programming is done and it is simply a matter of there being enough people interested to warrant purchasing the raw steel billet and then machine time. Try him at Wenstrom Design if you really want one and you may just be able to convince him.

That said, if the aftermarket can't make a CF shaft for the GT350 that doesn't have issues I may get sucked into this again.:)

shelbysnake11

Established Member
When I moved on to a GT350 I sold most of the GT500 stuff I had. I talked to Tom Wenstrom (the gentleman that was machining them for me) about carrying on the flanges as there were a few that were interested. The programming is done and it is simply a matter of there being enough people interested to warrant purchasing the raw steel billet and then machine time. Try him at Wenstrom Design if you really want one and you may just be able to convince him.

That said, if the aftermarket can't make a CF shaft for the GT350 that doesn't have issues I may get sucked into this again.:)

Thanks Tob,

That was actually my first step in this whole process, I read through your post on here about the stock shaft and all the research and development you did on the adaptor. So I did some digging and found wenstrom design on Facebook, I sent Tom a message and he said he would make them again but needed 5 people for it to really be worth doing and to keep the price the same. So far, there is only me and one other person on the list. That's why I was searching out other options.

As for the gt350 shaft, if you have anything to do with it I know it will be a great piece of engineering. Props on all the work and research you have done over the years on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread