Carbon Fiber W/S Cowl Install - Pics

snakebite6

Established Member
not a big fan of carbon fiber. Mustangs and carbon fiber just dont work for me lol. But if you like it then thats what matters

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
those pictures dont do it any justice. take a picture during the day, it will look a lot better.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
While it looks pretty nice, the fact that it doesn't fit properly would be an instant
thumbs down" for me. I would have just returned it for my money back. I would not want to have to worry about it loosening or lifting. JMO though.

ttk53

Established Member
glad I didn't was the money on one of those, plus you guys had to wait like 6 months or something for them.

My94GT

Established Member
im glad i passed on this but im not really surprised at the fitment issues. im sure theres a way to epoxy some sort of clip to the back side of that peice to help hold it down some. either way ill stick with my factory peice.

tjs98gt

Established Member
the only thing i can think of is maybe try carefully removing/grinding/cutting the factory clips off the factory cowl and using some of that "Q-bond" plastic weld stuff and attaching them with that. but i would imagine it wouldnt be easy making sure they are in the right spot

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
that's just bad......

sorry, but there is no excuse for that.....I would never put that on my car. I couldn't deal with that kinda fitment and be happy

Unimpressed

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
4 new threads are up for Group Buy #2, with a price INCREASE of $20.

Maybe this Thread should be posted in each of them. :read:

95riosnake

Established Member
I gave up trying to install mine.

It's now sitting in the box behind my couch until I feel like wasting a ton of time to try and get it to fit right. I also ruined my stock one (which was in MINT condition :bash:) trying to remove the seal to put on the new cowl. My car is sitting in the garage with no cowl currently while I decide what to do, it's off insurance in storage for the winter anyway.

I'm probably going to order a new cowl, and chock it all up to a $390 mistake (cost of CF cowl + cost of replacement cowl from Ford).

...Unless the builder is willing to send us replacements that actually attach to our cars...which I don't see happening.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed, I guess the thought never crossed my mind that the cowl would not have any clips underneath to attach to the car, I assumed it would since it is a replacement for the cowl, instead of just a cover for it.

...sigh, if I had it to do over again, I would have passed.

Last edited:

divided

Established Member
As others have said its a half ass piece for sure. No reason at all it shouldnt have all the factory hardware/clips in the factory locations. Thats the easiest way to spot cheap products.

x NOODLES x

Big Hitter da LLama!
Established Member
those pictures dont do it any justice. take a picture during the day, it will look a lot better.

True, It does 'look' VERY nice.

the only thing i can think of is maybe try carefully removing/grinding/cutting the factory clips off the factory cowl and using some of that "Q-bond" plastic weld stuff and attaching them with that. but i would imagine it wouldnt be easy making sure they are in the right spot

This is my only thought to this point. But I'm thinking measuring and lining up those clips properly is gonna be a bitch. :bash:

I gave up trying to install mine.

It's now sitting in the box behind my couch until I feel like wasting a ton of time to try and get it to fit right. I also ruined my stock one (which was in MINT condition :bash:) trying to remove the seal to put on the new cowl. My car is sitting in the garage with no cowl currently while I decide what to do, it's off insurance in storage for the winter anyway.

I'm probably going to order a new cowl, and chock it all up to a $390 mistake (cost of CF cowl + cost of replacement cowl from Ford).

...Unless the builder is willing to send us replacements that actually attach to our cars...which I don't see happening.

Overall, I'm pretty disappointed, I guess the thought never crossed my mind that the cowl would not have any clips underneath to attach to the car, I assumed it would since it is a replacement for the cowl, instead of just a cover for it.

...sigh, if I had it to do over again, I would have passed.

This may be my only, choice. But like you I have til spring to figure something out. :read:

As others have said its a half ass piece for sure. No reason at all it shouldnt have all the factory hardware/clips in the factory locations. Thats the easiest way to spot cheap products.

Couldn't agree more. :nonono:

USNjocson

CORPSMAN UP!
Established Member
I have to wait till my hood is painted to install it. Sucks how I havent even got close to installing it and im already hearing all the bad news. Hopefully the crack in mine will give me advantage in fitting it in properly :dw:

And to the people who are going to try and get a refund, goodluck. Kyle already gave it a try and got denied. Not very happy with the product (from reading the reviews) and the service.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
i dont own one of these but if someone were to try and line up and install the factory clips heres what i would do. Get a piece of posterboard material big enough to cover the whole cowl then make some light impressions or mark the areas where the stock clips are located (underside of stock cowl). Remove the posterboard from the stock cowl and cut out the areas where you marked them for the clips...be exact in size and placement here... now, just transfer the posterboard over the the carbonfiber cowl and you will have an exact template of where the clips will go. The posterboard material should work pretty good here because its quite a bit stiffer than regular paper but still easy to work with and cut. The hardest part will be finding a glue that will stick to the plastic and carbonfiber. You would also have to make sure when they are all glued down they also stay upright, any kind of angle from the clip it would probably break off when you're installing it (or removing)

Titanium 5.0

Oh Oh.. 5.0!
Established Member
Its really unfortunate that these pieces didn't deliver, however they DO look great. They look like quality pieces until it comes to installing them i guess. It was somewhat expected considering the manufacturer was pruducing them out of a garage. There were bound to be glitches and defects, stuff that's typically void when ordering from name brand manufacturers.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I have to wait till my hood is painted to install it. Sucks how I havent even got close to installing it and im already hearing all the bad news. Hopefully the crack in mine will give me advantage in fitting it in properly :dw:

And to the people who are going to try and get a refund, goodluck. Kyle already gave it a try and got denied. Not very happy with the product (from reading the reviews) and the service.

You boys better make some noise since there is another Group Purchase in the works already.

Users who are viewing this thread