Carlsbad Raceway on 10/25

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
So James 25bucks it is? Sorry but ive noticed im turning into a cheap bastage :D

LOVE my Avatar ;-)

Uhm....sorry but im in no shape to make it if today was saturday :nonono: Im hoping my fever gets bad tonight so it can be done & over with....chits dragging on to long.

Wait i take it ur feeling much better now?

I'm psyching myself up. I feel like caca. I may be wearing a surgical mask.

I have not been able to figure it all out $$$-wise.
I'm going to just carry a little extra cash in case.

So, once again I have to be back for a company thing Sat night. I can get there as late as 7:30pm in Valencia :bash: :bash: :bash:

So I may have to leave by 4:00 or so...

:gt: So Frankie's out, Leon's out --- BUMMER!!!
There should still be 6-8 Cobras anyway... maybe I'll hold off on any last minute mods :eek: just to be sure we don't screw up the car...
;-)
JW

stang99

I didn't read this thread first so I started a new thread about the $$$$$. It usually costs a total of $25 to run so I assume that it will be $35 early:

I asked about the rules and entry fees and this is the response:

Hi
Everybody is welcome, time only will be $20 at 8 and the regular $10 if
you
come in after 12
thanks,
Jim
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:15 PM
Subject: Saturday 10/25/03 question

stang99

Damn, I hope you know a good Ford mechanic that will fix your car without voiding your warranty :lol: :lol: :lol:
I sent you a PM about the TOB guide tube issue

Originally posted by 46stang
Well guys I'm out for Sat. :gt: :mj: Some 300zx turbo tried to street race me this Am. so i Kicked his ass and in doing so i killed my clutch! the collar in the trans that holds the TOB is busted so the TOB is just flopping around in there! It's been making noise for awhile i just kept putting it off! Oh well. The coolest part was when i beat the guy we slowed down and asked what mods i had! i said chip, pulley, exhaust. his facial expression was priceless! All he could say was "fast car man" :beer: we gave each other thumbs up and went our seperate ways! So at least my clutch died in glory! have fun guys and post up your times!
Leon

46stang

Established Member
Yea I know a pretty good ford tech! Your talking to him:thumbsup: Warranty shouldn't be an issue either:beer: I'm really bummed i couldn't go! i was really looking forward to some descent track prep at C/bad for once! My trans has been critical ordered but still wont be here until next week sometime
:bash: , with a whole new stock clutch assy.
Leon

Does any one recommend a certain brand of aftermarket TOB. i want to use the stock clutch so i dont have to worry about an input shaft issue later but i would like a better TOB!

stang99

I went through 2 Spec composit TOB's in about a month. They both were POS's IMHO. I have a stock Ford TOB in there now and it is doing OK so far. I still feel that the TOB guide tube will break any second now, but, that's because it has broken in the same spot twice before. Someone has to figure this problem out one of these days. Of course, if I worked at a dealership and had a lift, I'd put the car in the air and remove the inspection plate and check the TOB guide tube for wear. My car's TOB guide tube was broken and when we turned on the car in gear the TOB was going up and down so far that it beat up the tranny case and destroyed the TOB arm along with a lot of other damage. This issue is not good at all unless you are going to vhange the oil and replace the TOB guide tube; clutch and TOB every 4-5000 miles. That sounds a little pricey unless you are a typical tycoon Cobra owner.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
James????? What do u mean work? After all that ur going through ur still going in on saturday?

I dont know but isnt it time to think about ur self? :shrug: Im sure we can talk about it on saturday more :(

Caca...yeah i know how that feels. Freaking fever is still stuck on my right now :nonono: Bath didnt help & i dont feel sleepy just yet.

I think this is one of those colds that last 1 full week :cryying:

Were is the FuSnickens??????

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
James????? What do u mean work? After all that ur going through ur still going in on saturday?

I dont know but isnt it time to think about ur self? :shrug: Im sure we can talk about it on saturday more :(

Caca...yeah i know how that feels. Freaking fever is still stuck on my right now :nonono: Bath didnt help & i dont feel sleepy just yet.

I think this is one of those colds that last 1 full week :cryying:

Were is the FuSnickens??????

I have to play out the final act... It could make a major difference over the next few years.
It's All Good... The day will start at 4:30am. Adam and I will be tinkering with the Piggy Friday night until around modnight oops i mean midnight.
. :lol:
Come back for the work gig. Get to bed by midnight Sat. Do a 6 mile run Sunday at 6:30am. Do some Fun Ford tinkering on Sunday with Adam (really want an 11 at LACR was not that our original goal???
Watch some football, hug the wife, kick the cat...
Life is good!!!
JW :eek:

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by jhwalker
I have to play out the final act... It could make a major difference over the next few years.
It's All Good... The day will start at 4:30am. Adam and I will be tinkering with the Piggy Friday night until around modnight oops i mean midnight.
Come back for the work gig. Get to bed by midnight Sat. Do a 6 mile run Sunday at 6:30am. Do some Fun Ford tinkering on Sunday with Adam (really want an 11 at LACR was not that our original goal???
Watch some football, hug the wife, kick the cat...
Life is good!!!

I can relate to the work thing, it's what the trip east is all about.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03_Sonic Blur
I can relate to the work thing, it's what the trip east is all about.

It's all about attitude. I know what tough is.. Tough is not working too hard, it's trying to find a job when you are better than others but still can't do it.
JW

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Tough is going to 103rd and grape st and repossessing the car of somebody who lost their job and stopped making payments because they developed a nasty cocaine habit.

Work is just a matter of showing up, and you've got an edge on most everybody else

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member

Hmm, modnight. Brings to mind an old Eric Clapton tune.

After Modnight, we’re gonna let it all hang down.
After Modnight, we’re gonna chug-a-lug and shout.
We’re gonna stimulate some action;
We’re gonna get some satisfaction.
We’re gonna find out what it is all about.
After Modnight, we’re gonna let it all hang down.

Thus prophesies little Johnny Dangerously

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Tough is going to 103rd and grape st and repossessing the car of somebody who lost their job and stopped making payments because they developed a nasty cocaine habit.

Work is just a matter of showing up, and you've got an edge on most everybody else

:eek: Why did u post that? An Experience in this at all :eek:

Eric ClapTon?

Dude never did any thing for me. Im Thinking Sound Garden right now :shrug: Bad Ass Lyric Writa & u know the band knows how to play as well :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
It's all about attitude. I know what tough is.. Tough is not working too hard, it's trying to find a job when you are better than others but still can't do it.
JW

Uhm...not sure about that. Id seen so many people come & go :nonono: Trust me....im sure no one can do what u do James like u do it & with skill ;-)

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
:eek: Why did u post that? An Experience in this at all :eek:

Eric ClapTon?

Dude never did any thing for me. Im Thinking Sound Garden right now :shrug: Bad Ass Lyric Writa & u know the band knows how to play as well :beer:

When I decided I wanted to go back to school and get my degree, I wanted to be able to focus on school and not work. I repo'd cars for 3 1/2 years in SoCal to earn the cash.

Learned to open cars and other cool stuff working at a busy locksmith shop in L.A. in the early eighties. It's a good thing I'm honest, I could make one hell of a crook.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
When I decided I wanted to go back to school and get my degree, I wanted to be able to focus on school and not work. I repo'd cars for 3 1/2 years in SoCal to earn the cash.

Learned to open cars and other cool stuff working at a busy locksmith shop in L.A. in the early eighties. It's a good thing I'm honest, I could make one hell of a crook.

Dude i know ur like 43 or less or much higher but u really bring alot of different experience :beer:

I thought that you did the towing.

U want to make some money John :p

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
i did a little repo work when i was in school. that was pretty fun until you get the armed guy that chases you. then i served summons. ;-)

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
ps - hopefully everybody feels better. :beer: so all the bricks dropped out and somebody else's clutch gave up the ghost? i missed that. :(

Users who are viewing this thread