Carrier cable breaks!!!

steeltoe

Established Member
Holy shit! I figured that happened sometimes, but I've never seen a video of it before!

Arresting Cables are changed at a sent interval so that this doesn't happen but the nature of landing aircraft on a ship have many things that we can't control but one we can control we do so in a way to prevent mishaps.

04SVTF

Established Member
Misc-OhSnap.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Still can't believe the guy was able to jump over the cable. That in and of itself has to be a miracle.

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Having served on a carrier in the Navy, I know all about the dangers. But this is one you rarely hear about. Very scary for those involved.

I too served on a carrier (USS Abraham Lincoln CVN -72) and can say that those arresting cables are not small at all. And the force behind it as it snaps is unbelevable. Luckily no one died....but your right.....he did have his head on a swivle as they say and was able to show his jump rope skills.

:beer: Im a plankowner on USS John C Stennis CVN-74
I dont know how that works now though becuase I saw my carrier was sunk in the movie Transformers 2. I guess know decom ceremony for me

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
You should ALWAYS be alert when your on a carrier deck. That guy in yellow was a ****in stud, sucks what happened to the others though.

mkb116

Established Member
I watched the guy in the yellow like 10 times, simply amazing that he was able to, and had the brains to just double hop like that. Especially since the cable was going 100+mph and it looked like he was looking away from the cable.

Amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread