Carrier cable breaks!!!

Storm_jordan

Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRKN8DCYyrE"]YouTube- CARRIER CABLE BREAK,S AFTER LANDING F18 HORNET !![/ame]

pause the video at 1:04 and watch what happens to the guy in the green shirt on the left side of the screen :eek:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Having served on a carrier in the Navy, I know all about the dangers. But this is one you rarely hear about. Very scary for those involved.

Scarpino

Established Member
Having served on a carrier in the Navy, I know all about the dangers. But this is one you rarely hear about. Very scary for those involved.

I too served on a carrier (USS Abraham Lincoln CVN -72) and can say that those arresting cables are not small at all. And the force behind it as it snaps is unbelevable. Luckily no one died....but your right.....he did have his head on a swivle as they say and was able to show his jump rope skills.

ScreaminRedZ

Established Member
Holy shit! I figured that happened sometimes, but I've never seen a video of it before!

steeltoe

Established Member
yea that guy got owned! Wow i remember seeing that on the military channel he was seriously injured maybe even lost a leg? don't remember

I can't watch the video because work blocks Youtube. If this is the one from the GW there were a few people that got hit. One person lost there legs and other got hit in the stomach area both were med-evac off the ship. I heard one person died. When I was on the JFK one of the F-14 had an Inlet Guide Vane failure just before the shooter sent her off the flight deck. It shot a 10 foot flame out of the both burner can and intake and sent metal pieces everywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread