Carroll Shelby Spills the Beans on 2007 Cobra

theDRIVER

Literally haulin' ass
Established Member
quick5pnt0 said:
In a press release about a new SUT (sport trac adrenalin) Ford stated that it will go onsale at the same time as the "Ford Shelby Cobra GT500" in 2006. Whether there will also be an "SVT Cobra" i dont know, but i think this is pretty official that they are calling one of them the "Ford Shelby Cobra GT500"

this is sure going to make the dodge guys look stupid next time someone ask them "that thing got a hemi?". i say bring on the big ford power to all cars.... :rockon:

Orange Poison

Established Member
jshen said:
Since the car being unveiled will sit beside two Shelby GT500's I expect it will have 500 hp advertised with a GT500 logo.......My .02 worth

I would agree....I can't imagine it not having 500hp's if its badged as a GT500. That would be retarded.

R1Lello

Established Member
WDW MKR said:
I see what you're getting at, but Ford simply can't afford to knock the values of motors down too far. The 03/04 Cobra motors sell for what, like $14k? Add your $5-8k to that and you still have $20k+. Sell it for $40k and you're basically saying the new 3V motor is only worth $4-5k. These number don't even inlclude the rear (IRS or solid?), transmission, upgraded interior, etc. I'm curious to see how it all pans out, even though I'm keeping my car. Speculation sure is fun!

:lol:

C'mon guys...........try to buy anything in the parts dept for any manufacturer and it's 50% more. You guys should know that. If you piece a Cobra together just out of the parts dept alone, I'm sure would be $100,000 plus Canadian.

Orange Poison

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
The '68 GT500s didn't have 500hp.

I thought that was the case.....but, since we are all speculating that this "new" car will have around 500 hps....I can't see it not having it, and calling it a GT500.....that's all.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Blue Poison said:
I thought that was the case.....but, since we are all speculating that this "new" car will have around 500 hps....I can't see it not having it, and calling it a GT500.....that's all.
I agree, I want 500 as well. I was just pointing that out.

Users who are viewing this thread