Carroll Shelby's charity

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
1 BULLITT said:
What a great idea!

That makes perfect sense, exactly what Carroll Shelby has done. Safe the money while people die who perhaps could have been saved. Excellent logic.

Carroll Shelby and his representative have bragged about the foundation and its good deeds on many occasions. Looks like they are not bragging now.

nice!:eek:

regardless of how much money one puts down you will always need more! so regardless of how much money one gives as you so elequently put it people will die. yes people die every day, sorry to break it to you.

just look at danny thomas and his st jude hospital. today they need 1.2 million dollars every day to keep the doors open. now if they did not just operate on the interest when the hospital was first opened they would not still be here today!:poke:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
speaking of charities if those stars from hollywood would take that 50 million they were going to buy thier next house with and start a charity, or donate it to a charity of thier choice it would be nice to see. that type of donation could create 1-5 million dollars every year for charities while the principle continues to grow!

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
1 BULLITT said:
The flip side is Shelby fans want to believe the best. Unfortunately for his loyal following and all those who have contributed to the foundation, figures don't lie and they were certainly not refuted in the excuse filled Carroll Shelby's response or by his representatives in charge of damage control.

Any bad publicity Carroll Shelby has received through the years he has brought on to himself.

First of all I am not a Shelby "fan", I am a fan of his cars, but that is all. I really dont know the man just like 99% of the people on here dont.

I just think how it is sad that the man has started a foundation to help sick children and is somehow yet come under fire. It states plainly in the original Autoweek article that "No one has accused Shelby or the foundation staff of misappropriating money."

So what is the problem? Shelby explained in his reply that he is only trying to insure that the foundation is around after he is gone. He and his cars being the main source of funds for the foundation.

Would everyone be happier if he spent his money on wine, women, and song? :shrug:

FormerGmc

Established Member
Since it is not his money and does not reduce his tax liabilty, I fail to see how it is a Shelby tax write-off. I'm thinking its a tax write off for those who donate.

What am I missing?

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
blueovalkid said:
... So what is the problem? Shelby explained in his reply that he is only trying to insure that the foundation is around after he is gone...
The problem is hypocrisy. The problem is the lack of dispersements by the foundation, the one Carroll Shelby and his associates have been publicly bragging about for years and all the good work it does. Yes, great work, to the tune of 1% of the donations collected. And I certainly doubt Carroll Shelby has the ability to write such an essay with such precision, he never has had that eloquent manner of expression unless his transplant is miraculously rejuvenating him but since the guy can barely stand by himself the possibility is remote at best.

The foundation officer making of over $60K annually is a lot more than they are dishing out. That's a red flag and an indication where the priorities are.

If the dispersements were suppose to take place in the future while ignoring the promise he made, then why wasn't that stated before? This foundation was not founded a year or two ago. There has been plenty of time, years to help those in need if he wanted to. Now they are running like rats trying to escape the fire because of the AutoWeek article.

Last edited:

Force4.6

Twice Bitten
Established Member
Its a shame, I am not surprised but I was hoping Shelby would take a more active role in something that saved his life.

blueovalkid

The Snake Pit
Established Member
I think CS had the right intentions when he started the foundation. If he is guilty of anything it might be mismanagement of his foundation. Notice I said mismanagement not misuse.

I am just curious though why some have such a distaste for Shelby? What has he done to warrant such criticism?

Last edited:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
blueovalkid said:
I am just curious though why some have such a distaste for Shelby? What has he done to warrant such criticism?
Because they can't afford his new car... Sorry I mean Fords new car. Wouldn't want to piss anyone else off.

1 BULLITT

SVT Rocks
Established Member
Add arrogance, the thirst for taking credit when credit is not due, and his disdain for the very people who adulate him. Anyone who doesn't lick his butt become an adversary, proven by the manner which a few other boards are manipulated in exchange for a meaningless interview, influencing topics such as this one to be closed or deleted.

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
2-slow said:
Because they can't afford his new car... Sorry I mean Fords new car. Wouldn't want to piss anyone else off.

I never understood why this car has brought out the worst in so many people? It's a mystery to me. :shrug:

At least I was able to shut the pie holes of about 50% of them when I took the car to Raod America last Fall!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

eci

Banned
ac427cobra said:
I never understood why this car has brought out the worst in so many people? It's a mystery to me. :shrug:

At least I was able to shut the pie holes of about 50% of them when I took the car to Raod America last Fall!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's not the car, I think everyone loves the car. It's all the hype and circus acts the dealers put on. I'm buying one in cash when the "price is right" at MSRP. Even though I can't "afford" it, lol.

Last edited:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
eci said:
It's not the car, I think everyone loves the car. It's all the hype and circus acts the dealers put on. I'm buying one in cash when the "price is right" at MSRP. Even though I can't "afford" it, lol.

That's another mystery. All of the f'ing people that f'ing nagged, bitched, complained, pissed, moaned and made the rest of our lives miserable doing it, are going to end up buying one! :rollseyes

Illtaketwlight

Established Member
You can call it what you want but its a business. All businesses lose money in the first five years. If its going to survive for year to come then its critical to invest money wisely. I'm sure Caorrol Shelbly has it under control. His done well so far. Been there and done that.

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
That's another mystery. All of the f'ing people that f'ing nagged, bitched, complained, pissed, moaned and made the rest of our lives miserable doing it, are going to end up buying one! :rollseyes
No kidding, ECI being #1 on that list. Damn Hypocrisy.

Users who are viewing this thread