Carry Gun

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
It's safe to say that if we all had to agree on one carry pistol, it would never happen. Lol

It's amazing to me to see what type of pistol each person chooses to carry. There's really no general consensus. I don't see where anyone admits to carrying a Hi Point...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHIFTYBUSINESS

Established Member
I had an XDS in 45. Too much for that little gun. Unless they have changed it since it was introduced there was a lot of trigger slap. It was just somewhat painful to shoot.
A friend of mine has it in the tan/black and I shot it and I liked it. I shot well with it but I didn't shoot more than 20rnds. I would also like to try the shield in 45 to see how it is.

Sent from my SM-G935V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
It's safe to say that if we all had to agree on one carry pistol, it would never happen. Lol

It's amazing to me to see what type of pistol each person chooses to carry. There's really no general consensus. I don't see where anyone admits to carrying a Hi Point...........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Indeed man.

Some feel the need to carry hand cannons, others, small pocket sized firearms.

I have a couple of hand cannons at home and carrying one on your person is pretty rough when using an IWB.

Jmurrz

Established Member
My Walters don't like cheap ammo. Don't know if you will have the same issue.

Sent from my SM-T580 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
It has had no issue shooting everything I have thrown at it so far (mostly federal though) . I also do a really light polish on the feed ramp on all my guns, maybe that could be why. But yeah over 350 rounds through it without a single issue!

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blubyu87gt

Established Member
I've been AIWB carrying a 19X for the last month or two. Got it at original Blue Label MAP so couldn't pass it up. Talked myself into trying it as a carry gun when I bought it. Honestly probably wont go back to the standard 19 (and as such anything else). Been on my person every single day since. I've put about 2500 rounds through it and it's an awesome gun.

I'm 5 9 and some change and about 185lbs. Conceals just fine, for me. I'm of the mindset of carrying a firearm that has the maximum amount of ammo available, that you can comfortably conceal carry, and shoot best though. Not necessarily in that order. Though with the 19X all 3 boxes are checked.

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
I've been AIWB carrying a 19X for the last month or two. Got it at original Blue Label MAP so couldn't pass it up. Talked myself into trying it as a carry gun when I bought it. Honestly probably wont go back to the standard 19 (and as such anything else). Been on my person every single day since. I've put about 2500 rounds through it and it's an awesome gun.

I'm 5 9 and some change and about 185lbs. Conceals just fine, for me. I'm of the mindset of carrying a firearm that has the maximum amount of ammo available, that you can comfortably conceal carry, and shoot best though. Not necessarily in that order. Though with the 19X all 3 boxes are checked.

This is exactly why I recently purchased the CZ. 15+1, night sights and is a tack driver.

Slinging Led, EDC, Tight Lines, Razor Sharp Knives and Conceal Carrying!

Never_Enough

Established Member
I'm thinking of getting rid of my M&P40C for a lighter carry gun. Anyone think I should/should not? (Thinking Glock 43, M&P Shield or Glock 26 off the top of my head. Hate stock Glock sights, though) I'd prefer to stay .40 S&W so I don't have to stock another caliber, but open to 9mm.

Started carrying my XD40SC today to see how much better, if at all, it feels for me vs the M&P. I carry everything IWB via Crossbreed holsters. Maybe the holster is my issue?

TaraFirma

Established Member
My daily carry pistol is a Kimber tactical ultra II 3 inch barrel with an 8 round mag. I have a smaller 9mm that I carry when what I’m wearing won’t accommodate the .45.
Seriously consider a G43 for the size and mobility.. and I can get them for $358 so even if I don’t like it I’m not out a lot.

M91196

Established Member
I’d recommend the largest pistol minimum 9mm you “will” carry every day.

As I’ve mentioned in many threads I recommend G19/17 since I have them and they are as reliable as an anvil, as all Glocks seem to be.

Watching thousands of shooters shoot dozens of various models in hundreds of competitions over the years as a RO and I can’t recommend anything else for the “average” person that wants to carry.

Quality factory 9mm, good magazines, good holster that will hold the gun when you shake the crap out of it and then shoot a few hundred rounds a month.

Short 1911’s less than officer, and sub 9mm are last on my list.....

Zinc03Cobra

Super Trooper
Established Member
Carry my G43 during the warmer months and my G19 during the winter months. I have a bunch of other guns I carry as a secondary sometimes. Sig P238 (.380), Ruger LCR (.38/.357), M&P Shield (9 and 40).

All depends what you feel comfortable shooting with. I hope I never have to use it but feel adequately trained and prepared for the danger that may lie ahead.

98 Cobra Vert

Established Member

Users who are viewing this thread