Carry Gun

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
Your thoughts on the CZ? I've wanted one for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll tell you CZ’s are shooters. I’ve owned about every manufacturer out there and have bought two CZ’s in the last 30-days. The SP-01 Tactical and the SP-07 Phantom. Very different shooting pistols from one another but I absolutely love them. It’s tempting to completely switch over. This is especially you true after shooting one of the CZ Custom Shop pistols.

Slinging Led, EDC, Tight Lines, Razor Sharp Knives and Conceal Carrying!

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
To add, I recently went through this same debate in that I have several pistols, a few of which I carry but wanted something new and different. I actually rented several pistols at my local shop and ended up with the two CZ’s I mentioned. Both will be carried but the 01 will be my main carry piece.

Machdup1

Established Member
I’ll tell you CZ’s are shooters. I’ve owned about every manufacturer out there and have bought two CZ’s in the last 30-days. The SP-01 Tactical and the SP-07 Phantom. Very different shooting pistols from one another but I absolutely love them. It’s tempting to completely switch over. This is especially you true after shooting one of the CZ Custom Shop pistols.

When did the Phantom become a SP-07. I have the original SP-01 Phantom. It the favorite pistol in my collection.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member

You own a Phantom as well.....hmm. Gonna have to buy one

CGLhawk260

Established Member
For EDC consider a S&W 460v Revolver 5". It's a bit heavy but will make an excellent carry firearm.

Blown 89

Established Member
I carry a 4.25" 1911 in a Milt Sparks Nexus holster on an AG customs belt with a spare mag. Anything that your comfortable shooting and carrying will work as long as it's reliable.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Glock 19 or M&P 9 or any other pistol that falls in that category, but those would be my recommendations. Pistol cartridges statistically aren't deadly as the survival rate for pistol is ~80% regardless of caliber. With that means you have to put more emphasis on shot placement, round count, and movement while shooting in order to stay alive in a gun fight. With current ballistics, 9mm offers the best all around performance out of all the major popular rounds on the market. I carry a compensated M&P 9 with a 4lb APEX trigger and an extended mag allowing 23rnds.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
I know the gun forums are freaking out over the "failures" in the P365. I EDC mine, have 2500 rounds through it without a single failure.

Also carry VP9SK but the P365 is impossible to beat for it's size. 12+1 same size as G43

Machdup1

Established Member
You own a Phantom as well.....hmm. Gonna have to buy one

Get a trigger kit or trigger job from Cajun Gun works (Pro Package). From the factory mine had a 12lbs DA/6 SA Trigger. After Cajun got done with it has a 6.5 DA/2.5 SA.
IMG_1284.jpg

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
I prefer hammerless pistols for daily carry.

Plus, I want super reliable.

With that said, Glock is the only thing I recommend for daily.

Sport shooting? Knock yourself out. Anything goes.

But, keep ammo in mind also. Cheap ammo for the range, but top of the line stuff for daily.

nickf2005

Established Member
I googled it. That type of pistol is not for me. The only mechanical safety i want is the trigger safety like a glock has. And i freaking hate how glocks feel. So much sure you are ok you may die if you forget the safety on.

It seems like a bigger pistol but size doesnt bother me. You have to dress around what you carry regardless.
Check out the Springfield XDS(9/45). I carry the 9. Love it. Grip safety and trigger safety makes it easy for this Southpaw. Most thumb safety models are only friendly for righties.

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

VENOM1

6.0MAN
Established Member
When did the Phantom become a SP-07. I have the original SP-01 Phantom. It the favorite pistol in my collection.

That’s my typo. You have it correct.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I switch between a xds9 or my Glock 30s 45 when I want to fell like a badass haha! Thinking about getting a xds 45 just because.

I had an XDS in 45. Too much for that little gun. Unless they have changed it since it was introduced there was a lot of trigger slap. It was just somewhat painful to shoot.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I know the gun forums are freaking out over the "failures" in the P365. I EDC mine, have 2500 rounds through it without a single failure.

I had one and sold the day I got it because it's too small for my mits, but I have a friend with 2600 rounds though his and no issues.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I went through a few pea shooters to settle on what I wanted to carry, and was all over the board. I'm fairly big, and wear loose clothes, so I had options.

- XDS .45acp, sold
- XDM Compact .45acp, traded
-Glock 30 SF- Great shooter, but too big for my tastes to carry, sold
-S&W Bodyguard 380 - sold
-Ruger LC 380 - traded
-Ruger LC 9s Pro - sold
-Ruger LCP- wouldn't manually cycle ammo, terrible trigger... sold
-Kahr CW 380 - 11 ounces. still have
- G19 gen 4 - I rattle through doors with a double stack, and don't fit in chairs
-G43 - my sweet spot right here.
-Sig P365 - sold it the day I got it. Grip is too small for me, and the G43 is just a great shooter.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread