cbradley49 *READ THIS WARNING* before you buy his parts like i did

sonicblew

Established Member
*Purpose of thread is only to give a heads up to the rest of forum members*
hey guys,
I wanted to warn others that you may not get what you were told with this member cbradley49. If he tells you a part is good or tested he probably doesn't have a clue if it works.
I wasn't given the information that would have kept me from buying this BAP until after i paid him. He sold me the BAP AS good/working when removed and tested.

i bought a BAP from cbradley49 last year around the end of august beginning of sept.
He had it listed here
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?960630-Kenne-Bell-40amp-BAP&highlight=

heres the skinny. I knew him from several decal sales. I knew this spring i was going to convert my car to E85. I decided since i knew him and he seemed good to deal with Id get the BAP he had for sale and get it installed this spring.

If you look at the link i see no description of any of my issues or disclosure about it being previously owned before him or the fact he never even used it himself.

I took it to get installed last week, after several hours the shop called me to tell me that it is garbage.
Wont power up, just nothing. several $ later for labor no less and no BAP installed.

I messaged cbradley49
he told me that the wires were spliced by the previous owner backwards. The red fused wire and red non fused wire need to be switched. they were cut when it was uninstalled and put back backwards. Ok, how he would know that I'm unsure of because you can't decipher one red from the other after the cables are cut off and he never used it. He tells me he told me this a while back, i don't recall that. i can't find that anywhere and i asked him multiple times to provide something if he did say it. Nothing back.

FF to the latest
This information was never given prior to payment.

cbradley49 got it used, never installed it, never tested it, had no way of knowing it was good.

He is a seller that obviously did not disclose everything he knew about the part. it was actually used already prior to him and he never tried to verify its working condition. I don't care if someone you bought it from told you it was good, don't sell it telling me or another member if its something you never saw or verified. I was given the impression he DID check it.

I offered to eat half if he refunded the other $75 to help cover for the loss. since i have had it a while, but he also was not honest up front. he obviously disagrees hence this thread. Ive made every attempt to cbradley49 to keep from starting a thread. he sees no problem with the fact he mislead me apparently. which means he will do it again to one of you

If you sell on this forum and its used. Give the fullest amount of information that you have, even if that hurts your chance of sale. Sell with the same respect you want as a buyer. simple

Last edited:

Woody6799

Established Member
Agreed, man up and refund $75, Seems fair overall to me. He doesn't know what you did to it but he also left out info... two wrongs = half back lol

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
We just went through something similar not long ago.

I hate to say it but I'd have to say the same thing. It was 8 month ago.
You can't buy a used part and let it sit over a half a year and then expect a refund if something goes wrong.

I've had people tell me things that if not paying 100% attention I don't remember 8 months later.
I'm not saying that happened in your case but from the outside looking in it is a possibility.

JMO

Zemedici

Established Member
+1, I could see if it were $1000s, but to not check a $150 BAP for 8 months...chalk it up as a lesson learned man.

Just move forward with your build and let it go

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
while it sounds like he may not have been honest about it, it really is hard to say something should be done that much later.

Ive bought two or three things ahead of time for a build and didnt check them out good enough when I got them, I just marked it up to lesson learned when I finally figured out they werent up to par.

sonicblew

Established Member
comment furter to everyone here

Yes 8 months etc etc

Point is this he sold it saying it was good and working. He had no idea. He also never used it and bought it used. thats the kind of info you tell a person when you sell it. called FULL DISCLOSURE. Let me decide if i want it once i know that.

Im not hard up for $75, i offered that as a solution.
i would do things differently ask more questions etc.

Im just warning anyone who buys any of his stuff it might say good/tested/etc. he probably doesn't know

sonicblew

Established Member
not looking for monetary help anymore i get it. Fair point guys 8 months i understand. My frustration is that he or others mislead buyers. He could have easily told me that, is that fair?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
comment furter to everyone here

Yes 8 months etc etc

Point is this he sold it saying it was good and working. He had no idea. He also never used it and bought it used. thats the kind of info you tell a person when you sell it. called FULL DISCLOSURE. Let me decide if i want it once i know that.

Im not hard up for $75, i offered that as a solution.
i would do things differently ask more questions etc.

Im just warning anyone who buys any of his stuff it might say good/tested/etc. he probably doesn't know

I understand what you are saying.
However, we are only getting your side so as I said the possibility is there that he did say it.
Or that he knew it worked simply by seeing it right before it was taken out of the last car.

But 8 months is still too long to wait to check something IMO.

Crappy situation no matter how you look at it.

sonicblew

Established Member
so did you actually try switching the wires that he claimed were crossed to see if it worked?

yes, this thing is toast. I just want to know how it was tested if wires were backwards. if they were and you knew it why not switch them around?

I get that not everyone is honest, he's a perfect example. Lesson learned

sonicblew

Established Member
I understand what you are saying.
However, we are only getting your side so as I said the possibility is there that he did say it.
Or that he knew it worked simply by seeing it right before it was taken out of the last car.

But 8 months is still too long to wait to check something IMO.

Crappy situation no matter how you look at it.
Totally, i get where you guys are coming from.

Its a cheap bap. I'm not gonna have a problem eating over it.

theres a problem with people selling stuff and leaving out any of the info that might deter a buyer.
thats wrong to me.

As far as both sides. i linked cbradley this thread link. id love him to join.

i have an email from today. where he said if it was bad when i got it then he didn't know because he got it used and never used it.

OK, my point exactly. DONT tell me its working and tested. Maybe add in there that you got it used. I just got that info via email this week.

Last edited:

Stanger00

Established Member
Think you're going to have to let this one go after letting the part sit for so long.

If I may interject an anecdote. I bought a sct x-cal used on eBay that was advertised as unlocked and showed pictures of being unlocked. Well, I didn't have a use for it immediately and I let it sit for a couple months. When I plugged it into my computer I found it was locked to a vin and I contacted the seller and I was basically told to go f myself. That was 5 years ago, still have that x-cal. Had it wiped by sct 2 years ago.

sonicblew

Established Member
Think you're going to have to let this one go after letting the part sit for so long.

If I may interject an anecdote. I bought a sct x-cal used on eBay that was advertised as unlocked and showed pictures of being unlocked. Well, I didn't have a use for it immediately and I let it sit for a couple months. When I plugged it into my computer I found it was locked to a vin and I contacted the seller and I was basically told to go f myself. That was 5 years ago, still have that x-cal. Had it wiped by sct 2 years ago.

i expect that stuff on ebay or craigslist. not on here, wishful thinking

I do decals
He has bought from me several times for his business of making shift knobs. i was doing custom decals for him. i was always far more than fair on the prices. i was thinking that would factor into a deal going smooth and that what i was getting was a solid as advertised BAP. thats how i roll anyway. Also why this bothers me. You think you get to a point where you have trust in guys on here

Last edited:

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
i expect that stuff on ebay or craigslist. not on here, wishful thinking

I do decals
He has bought from me several times for his business of making shift knobs. i was doing custom decals for him. i was always far more than fair on the prices. i was thinking that would factor into a deal going smooth and that what i was getting was a solid as advertised BAP. thats how i roll anyway. Also why this bothers me. You think you get to a point where you have trust in guys on here

That sure makes this more interesting.

SlipperySnake

Established Member
I know Cbradley personally. I've actually work with him for a while selling shift knobs with him and ported blowers. He is an extremely cool guy. I've known him for over a year maybe even two now. He has never scammed anyone that I know of. I've bought plenty of things from him. He always threw me deals and even helped my friends out with some shift knobs. He takes pride in cars and isn't looking to screw over anyone. Things like this will happen sometimes in life, and when it's something that happen 8 months ago, you can't really fully blame the information that was lacked or the part. A lot could have happened during 8 months that is being lacked there as well. Plus in my eyes, this is why I don't buy used electrical components anymore. If you wanted a refund and all the customer service that comes along with a brand name product you purchased from a licensed distributer you should have bought it brand new. Of course you may think I'm siding with my "friend" or previous "co-worker", but let it go, especially 8 months later, you are just making yourself look silly. As stated above, you live and you learn, if it takes a second time then I guess you'll never learn. Wish you luck sir.

sonicblew

Established Member
I know Cbradley personally. I've actually work with him for a while selling shift knobs with him and ported blowers. He is an extremely cool guy. I've known him for over a year maybe even two now. He has never scammed anyone that I know of. I've bought plenty of things from him. He always threw me deals and even helped my friends out with some shift knobs. He takes pride in cars and isn't looking to screw over anyone. Things like this will happen sometimes in life, and when it's something that happen 8 months ago, you can't really fully blame the information that was lacked or the part. A lot could have happened during 8 months that is being lacked there as well. Plus in my eyes, this is why I don't buy used electrical components anymore. If you wanted a refund and all the customer service that comes along with a brand name product you purchased from a licensed distributer you should have bought it brand new. Of course you may think I'm siding with my "friend" or previous "co-worker", but let it go, especially 8 months later, you are just making yourself look silly. As stated above, you live and you learn, if it takes a second time then I guess you'll never learn. Wish you luck sir.

im not accusing him of not being cool to hang with. he was fine in all our dealings prior.
Let me ask you this though. forget 8 months. that part is irrelevant to me.
If i took it to install the day after i got it how would that change that he mislead me as a buyer?

If he told me it was working/tested. what would you think took place on his end? See i assume he saw it actually work and actually tested it. Because when you construct a sentence like that it carries that implied nature.

i wouldn't expect an email back like this (today btw)

"if it was bad when i sold it to you, i wouldn't have known"

Really? because you told me working and tested. all I'm saying is in my particular case his word was garbage and i have all the emails to back it up. Disclose up front, simple request. then if its bad you as a seller can say hey man i told you ........... Get it, now its on the buyer.

speculate all you want about what happened to it once i got it, i don't care. It doesn't change that out of his mouth was him saying working and tested. No, no way. impossible. thats just lying.

you look silly for missing the point. i get the warranty and 8 months thing. thats all valid. it was simple, just shoot it straight right from the get go. i think thats how you would want to buy your parts too?

and yes you do sound like you are slanted his way

ps. yes i can blame the lack of info. are you kidding? :kaboom:
with the new information i wouldn't have bought it. see my point. yeah its 8 months later. but 8 months prior i would've kept those $150 in my account. it was absolutely his lack of info that caused it

Its not about "let it go" like i can't get over a small ticket item. I'm not broke man. the new BAP is paid for and that BAP was paid for way back then. Its the next guy who wants to buy his parts. He might see this thread and rethink that purchase. Im here to help other members. not to conveniently leave out info that would take away a quick buck, but thats ok. my wife and i do just fine. i am sure what goes around comes around

Last edited:

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
8 months long time to check the part. I installed mine within the month. It's a risk you take buying used electronics.

sonicblew

Established Member
8 months long time to check the part. I installed mine within the month. It's a risk you take buying used electronics.

i should re write the first post.

let me come at this differently

Would you be more likely to buy a BAP if i told you when it came off the car it was working and tested

OR

i bought it used, i have no idea if it works because i never saw it run or hooked it up, btw these wires are backwards i think, but the guy who sold it to me said its fine.

I think you know most people would've passed. he knew that. so in order to sell it left all that out. thats my complaint.

don't be a misleading seller
this forum is a great place and i can't stand that to secure a sale cbradley49 gave me working/tested when he could just as easily gave me the real story on it.

would you be less likely to buy his parts after seeing this? or at least question it more?
he sells in the market a decent amount and I'm only looking to make sure others don't get burned.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread