CCW Classic's...offset and width questions. CCW owners come in

itSSlow98

Established Member
I think you're on crack. I wouldn't trade my 18s for any other size. With the big lip sizes the "classic" wheel has, the center looks really small with a 17" wheel, and it just doesn't look proportioned well. Not to mention a 18x11 will fit a lot better than a 17x11 because of where the sidewall will come in contact with the IRS bolt and sub-frame mount on the chassis.

6989050795_0feb9a4ce8_b.jpg

God those wheels would look sick on my silver 10th anniversary. Are those anthracite centers? Could you Pm me what they ran you if you dont mind. Might be time to put the BBS RK plasmas up for sale.

03cobratime

Established Member
Not trying to jack you but just want to get something clear. i am looking for basically the same type of set up with the best stance i can get on my 03. sounds like 18x11's with 335/30 tires are the way to Go?

Jefe

Established Member
Not trying to jack you but just want to get something clear. i am looking for basically the same type of set up with the best stance i can get on my 03. sounds like 18x11's with 335/30 tires are the way to Go?
Exactly. 315-335 would look good on there.

Jefe

Established Member
You're pretty low ^ are your roads smooth as silk? Any compression and your fenders will be cutting into that tread...

M240Bravo

Established Member
You're pretty low ^ are your roads smooth as silk? Any compression and your fenders will be cutting into that tread...

LOL god no, the road here suck. I have never cut a tire, or hit my fender. I do have coilovers on all four corners.

'03snkbt

Call it like I see it....
Established Member
I think you're on crack. I wouldn't trade my 18s for any other size. With the big lip sizes the "classic" wheel has, the center looks really small with a 17" wheel, and it just doesn't look proportioned well. Not to mention a 18x11 will fit a lot better than a 17x11 because of where the sidewall will come in contact with the IRS bolt and sub-frame mount on the chassis.

6989050795_0feb9a4ce8_b.jpg

18's or bust OP
>>competition.......pic is just pure SEX man!

Jefe

Established Member
Also don't have fenders rolled on either of my cars with the 345s.
Thats risky! My car was slammed for a bit with the 335s and I could hear the fenders rubbing through dips and sharp turns. Big tires dont like twisties. Good suspension helps though. Pretty easy to roll the fenders if you can find someone with the tool. Just peace of mind knowing 1 dip in the road wont slash your $350 tire

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Thats risky! My car was slammed for a bit with the 335s and I could hear the fenders rubbing through dips and sharp turns. Big tires dont like twisties. Good suspension helps though. Pretty easy to roll the fenders if you can find someone with the tool. Just peace of mind knowing 1 dip in the road wont slash your $350 tire

We have the shittest roads known to man here and I've never even had one of my 345s come close to rubbing, on the inside or on the lip. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread