Established Member
Round 2

Attachments

• IMG_5271.jpeg
    IMG_5271.jpeg
    272.8 KB · Views: 43

Bullitt1448

Established Member
My way of thinking is welding would be a last resort, I would send it back several times before I welded a multi piece wheel

Cody M

Established Member
I definitely wouldn’t weld it.
lol well I put silicon on the first barrel in between the bolts, mashed them together and put the face on, I then fed the bolts through and hand tightened every one, I then laid the silicon seal between the two barrels, then torqued 10 bolts in a star pattern and then proceeded to tighten the rest of them all to 32lb foot pounds. If it leaks after this IM WELDING IT lmao

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
lol well I put silicon on the first barrel in between the bolts, mashed them together and put the face on, I then fed the bolts through and hand tightened every one, I then laid the silicon seal between the two barrels, then torqued 10 bolts in a star pattern and then proceeded to tighten the rest of them all to 32lb foot pounds. If it leaks after this IM WELDING IT lmao
Can’t do much more than that. How old are the wheels?

Cody M

Established Member
Can’t do much more than that. How old are the wheels?
They're brand new, I ordered them in November, got them around January. The one wheel lost air but my car was at the shop getting work done so I never got to see what was wrong with it, I assumed it was the tire until I got in dunk tested and seen it leaking from behind the bolts.

MG0h3

Established Member
If it’s leaking though the bolts, I’d run some pipe dope.

Do they recommend/prohibit that?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Cody M

Established Member
Wheel got mounted, took it for a 15 minute ride, wheels still holding 35psi, I’ll check on it tomorrow. If it’s still holding by tmrw I think my long hassle with this wheel will be in the past :) can’t wait for this warm weather

Attachments

• IMG_5279.jpeg
    IMG_5279.jpeg
    495.3 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread