Central Cali meeting

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Special Thanks!!!

A special thanks from myself and my girlfriend Channa to the families and couples that came, especially with kids, you guys are TROOPERS!! It was great to meet you all. We have no kids, but we were thinking about bringing our dog Shelby (named after the A/C Roadster of course..LOL) ..shes not too keen on riding in the truck, she's a little Corgy-mix and she is a bit too small to ride in the back, and doesn't like riding in the front...LOL

nl mex

4.6 Liters of Fun
Established Member
I'm mad that I missed it, but the g'f's birthday party is a gotta-go to event.....

BTW ask Chuck, I will organize one of these in bakersfield, probably in the spring..........

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
CAMARO SPANKER said:
oh man, my daughters name is SHELBY toO.not a dog she my daughter..........but my dogs name is STANG of course after my favorite MUSTANGS
lol, small world eh? ..ok, now that can all get confusing. The dog actually belongs to channa, my girlfriend. She had the dog before we got together and she named the dog after the Shelby Mustang. She loves A/C cobras, Shelby Mustangs, and she owns a Midnight Blue 2003 GT 5-speed as well. I was thinking about bringing the Stang but then she couldn't ride with me.

Shoutouts.......

This is FordFanStan...

Well I really think my luck is some of the worst. I traveled approximately 450 miles for a Lightnning cruise, (pretty sure I traveled the furthest), and my 6 month/10,000 mile FTMB Trans decides to fock me over :mj: right at the beginning of the cruise. So needless to say, (being a huge Hooters fan and having visited 15 different ones so far), I did not get to go and have any beers at Hooters or go on the mountain cruise :shrug: .

Luckily for me 1. It went out one block from Chilis, (so I got to have some beers while waitng for the tow truck driver, which let us pound tall boys all the way back to bakes :beer: , and I called Jasper Engines and Trans. for my warranty on a Sunday, they answered :rockon: , and think that there just gonna send me a brand new one out in a day or two after I get a normal diagnostic check done. :dw: . So now my L will be down for another week or two again...

Thanks to all the Bakersfield boys for being so generous and to BlkDvl (Steven) for being so kind and offering to help in anyway after my terrible experience. Hope the rest of the journey went really good for you guys. Thanks to everone again, Stan

Blkdvl

Founding Fathers
Established Member
Stan: I'm glad to see you made it back! When you called me we hadn't even reached Table Mountain yet. By the time we got back to Hooters I was sure you were gone otherwise I would have went over to where you were and waited with you. Again, sorry about your truck. I know the feeling all too well. I get to visit the transmission shop the rebuilt mine tomorrow (back in SLO) to have them look over mine...I'm getting some noise out of it :( Also get to stop by the Rearend shop (also in SLO) and have them find out whats making noise back there (2nd set I've had put in).

Brandon: If your not doing anything late next weekend (sunday ish) give me a ring.

For all the Bako boys, if you can organize something, I'm alright with going down to hang out on a friday night or something.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Stan, I'm so sorry that all happened to your trans, and thank you so much for your efforts, and for driving so far to hang out with us. I feel bad, but as we all know these things do happen, and it's usually at the WORST TIMES!! If you're ever in town again look me up and I'll buy ya a drink at least. BTW..You have the Black L with the custom hood and the reproduction chrome 20's right? Great looking truck, and let me know if you EVER want to get rid of those rims, I love em!! I'd trade you my 20's and my stock ones but I doubt you'd go for it...LOL Brandon K. ... Red '04 with billet grille, and 20" BSA Rims.

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Awesome pics people. I cant wait to see more.

As for me I had a TERRIBLE night @ work so I guess you could say I feel like I chrome bumpered my own face. :nonono:

Lookin forward to more pics. Anyone shoot video???

shot a little bit of all of us getting on the freeway and the s351 getting sideways ,but I dont know how to post videos.STAN hope you get your BAD ASS L fix .that thing looks nice.I like it with the black L RIMS ON THE DRAGS

bwkelley76 said:
Stan, I'm so sorry that all happened to your trans, and thank you so much for your efforts, and for driving so far to hang out with us. I feel bad, but as we all know these things do happen, and it's usually at the WORST TIMES!! If you're ever in town again look me up and I'll buy ya a drink at least. BTW..You have the Black L with the custom hood and the reproduction chrome 20's right? Great looking truck, and let me know if you EVER want to get rid of those rims, I love em!! I'd trade you my 20's and my stock ones but I doubt you'd go for it...LOL Brandon K. ... Red '04 with billet grille, and 20" BSA Rims.

Hey thanks Brandon, and Im sorry but I dont want to get rid of my 20" reps. Although the money might come in handy right now lol, no it sounds like there going to send me a new tranny?? And I aint bashful, Ill take you up on that beer if im ever in town again lol :beer: .

And I just want to say it was really cool hangin out with all you fellow Ford Fans. BTW, I searched my install and mileage and its been 6.5 months and only 5282 miles on this FTMB trans. And I have reciepts for 2 different fluid changes in that period too. So it better be warranteed lol...

David and Chuck, I think Im riding greyhound back to home for thanksgiving, but then I should be back in town after that picking up my L when its done, So lets get together and paint the town or something lol.. Hope to see y'all sometime again, Stan

When ever you want bro just give us a call my cell# is (661)220-9555. ........................any one have a link for TRUCKWORLD. for those pictures of SUNDAY

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Yep. Yesterday was a lot of fun. I will definitely be up for the next one, assuming you dont' mind the little K hanging around again. Sorry I had to cut out early. I promised to take my kids to see Harry Potter. All in all it was a great day eventhough my car was running really bad on the way home. I made it ok, stinking carb. It was really great meeting all of you and shootin' the sh!t. Hopefully I can tag along for the entire ride next time.

Very sweet looking L's all around.

Users who are viewing this thread