Central Cali meeting

CHUXSVT

HELL YEAH I STREET RACE!
Established Member
were the hell do you go ,on the truckworld site to see the pic's,do i have to be a member.

Last edited:

gpro71bird

Need for Speed
Established Member
Sunday was AWESOME! It was great meeting everyone and we must do this again. Great cars and trucks, great weather, and great people.

George (Red 02 with Lightning logo across windshield)

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Carb

ponygt65 said:
Yep. Yesterday was a lot of fun. I will definitely be up for the next one, assuming you dont' mind the little K hanging around again. Sorry I had to cut out early. I promised to take my kids to see Harry Potter. All in all it was a great day eventhough my car was running really bad on the way home. I made it ok, stinking carb. It was really great meeting all of you and shootin' the sh!t. Hopefully I can tag along for the entire ride next time.

Very sweet looking L's all around.
What kinda carb ya runnin on that thing, is it the stock motorcraft 2 bbl? I can rebuild those with my eyes shut...LOL (not by choice, I've just owned a few...LOL) Let me know if you need some help. I've been tryin to do some side-jobs on some older cars lately anyways, just keep from gettin rusty on the old school stuff. I miss my old '63 Falcon Sprint a little from time to time. Brandon K. ..by the way, I used to live in Madera, whereabouts are you?

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
George, It was great to have you!!! Nothing is better than good conversation with good people, as well as great cars! Brandon K. Red 04 L with 20" chrome BSA wheels and billet grille.

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
I don't think we have any pics there yet, still working on ours..there are a TON to edit through still!!! If I find another post I'll send a link to it, unless someone else has posted some on there??

Last edited:

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
bwkelley76 said:
What kinda carb ya runnin on that thing, is it the stock motorcraft 2 bbl? I can rebuild those with my eyes shut...LOL (not by choice, I've just owned a few...LOL) Let me know if you need some help. I've been tryin to do some side-jobs on some older cars lately anyways, just keep from gettin rusty on the old school stuff. I miss my old '63 Falcon Sprint a little from time to time. Brandon K. ..by the way, I used to live in Madera, whereabouts are you?

Brandon - Thanks for the offer. Just some stang history for you: K-codes came with 4b Autolites 1.12V rated. As apposed to the A-code 4b 1.08v and the C-code 2B. But, she has a 600cfm Holley on her now. I found a rebuild kit on ebay. For some reason, so parts stores have any for the model I need. heck, they cant' even find the kit number. I know what you mean about eyes closed. most carbs are pretty simple. I stopped at a napa store on the way home and she is leaking pretty bad. I gave her a tune up and she is still not running right, so I am pretty sure it is the carb, possibly running lean out the vacuum secondaries. The pertronix ignition in her is brand new. Funny you mention projects. I have a May 65 Factory GT A-code that i have been working on. I dont' have time for her anymore. The owner of mustang ranch was supposed to take it over for me, but he has been really busy. I am going to try and sell her as is and try to get as much as i can in my costs (est. $8500). But again, if I run into a problem, I will take you up on that offer.

Sorry to go off subject guys. Maybe next time, I can bring my wife's mach 1. Funny thing is, when I got home and told her there were NO new edge stangs there, she regreted not letting me take it. :D :whine:

Last edited:

bwkelley76

bwkelley76
Established Member
Funny, we almost brought Channa's 2003 GT but she wantd to ride with me and take pics. As far as the Holley goes, They can be tricky, and they love to leak. They sell rubberized gaskets for them that are better. Let me know if you need help. I have some miscelaneous Holley parts lying around I think. Its so much easier to set the floats on those things, on a bench with an electric pump preset to 6 lbs, then check them on the car when done...LOL. I used to have a complete setup to do that but got rid of it years ago.

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Thanks man. I had to order in the kit. I have only done one holley, so I might need help. My brother has rebuilt a dozen or so. But he is 2 hours away. LOL

I'll let you know.

h2m

Established Member
is there going to be a 2nd annual cruise this november anyone interested

Users who are viewing this thread