Central Illinois SVT's Meet 2011

sonicmach1

Established Member
I agree. What if we go with Sunday the 17th?? Suppose to be nicer. Would hooters still let us do it?

That may work too. At least they got rid of the rain/snow mix on Sat., but owning a car that has never seen rain, it has to be 100% forecasted dry before she comes out. 55 and sunny Sunday isn't too bad.

Lets hope they move that up a day...

KonaHI500

Established Member
That may work too. At least they got rid of the rain/snow mix on Sat., but owning a car that has never seen rain, it has to be 100% forecasted dry before she comes out. 55 and sunny Sunday isn't too bad.

Lets hope they move that up a day...

Forecast now has the rain 70% on Friday and now only 30% for Saturday. High of 50. I'm sure it will change 10 or 20 times between now and then though. Thursday morning should be able to see the hourly forecast to see if the 30% rain chance is early Saturday morning or when.

hinds04

Established Member
lol I'll put you on the list man. Hope weather is good. I have 150 number/voting cards made. Hope all goes well with the weather.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Kyle you getting any feed back on weather or not Sunday is an option?? It would suck to wait another two freaking weeks!

sonicmach1

Established Member
Kyle you getting any feed back on weather or not Sunday is an option?? It would suck to wait another two freaking weeks!

Sunday is looking better so far. 61 and partly sunny as of right now. Looks like Friday / Saturday are rain and cold.

Last edited:

2003svtredfire

Established Member
Sunday is looking better so far. 61 and partly Sunday as of right now. Looks like Friday / Saturday are rain and cold.

I agree with Brian.

I already decided to finish off my kitchen saturday so i can put my house up for sale since the weather doesn't seem to want to cooperate with us on saturday.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Cooler temps, chance of rain, and wind make Saturday not so appealing...My vote definitely goes for Sunday(at least how the weather looks right now). Is it an option to change it to Sunday or are we sticking to the original rain date?

big dad

Established Member
Put me down for two Mustangs, an 86 and a 03. If it rains, everybody be patient. Putting these things on is not an easy task. I vote for the 30th as a rain alternate day.

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
I like Sunday too, But this late in the game I don't know if it would be fair for the 30+ in chi town and the 40 in st louis to swap days. i know there are a few who have rooms reserved or have taken off days.
Kyle what do you think?

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Good point... I hadn't really thought of that.

I like Sunday too, But this late in the game I don't know if it would be fair for the 30+ in chi town and the 40 in st louis to swap days. i know there are a few who have rooms reserved or have taken off days.
Kyle what do you think?

V6&V8SHO

Established Member
Sunday looks to be the day. Lower 60's and only 10% chance of rain. These forecasts change day to day.

TOMSKILLING.jpg

hinds04

Established Member
The plan is to give it another 24hrs and see what the forecast is. I would love to do it Sunday rather than wait two weeks. Anyone have a problem with Sunday?

sonicmach1

Established Member
Sounds good. I guess we will need to call the rain day a rain day and move it two weeks out. Even if it stops raining Sat., I personally do not drive on wet roads even. But the impatient person in me would like to try Sunday as it looks nice and warm and sunny. You don't want to be huddled around gloomy clouds and cold wind off the river. What if it ends up storming on the fall-back day in two weeks?

Just updated:

Sat
Apr 16
Showers / Wind

54°
40°

40% Chance

Sun
Apr 17

Partly Cloudy

66°
49°

10% Chance

vladSVT

KB FTW
Established Member
I think it would be a good idea to move it another two weeks, but thats just me. I have alot going on sunday, not to mention those who chose to stay overnight probably won't go to work monday.

As far as saturday goes, even if there is 30-40% chance its going to rain, and even if it says its not going to, there is a chance that it still will happen (we all know how the weather is especially in the midwest, one day its raining the other its completely opposite)

Kyle wait tomorrow and call it :beer:

hinds04

Established Member
The people planning to stay saturday night still can... they just dont have to worry about driving there in the morning. They would be driving home sunday regardless of what day the show is.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
This whole thing kinda sucks!!!! This is central Illinois. The weather changes every 10 minutes. Let's not give up yet;)

Users who are viewing this thread