Central Illinois SVT's Meet 2011

GSPsnFORDs

Established Member
I don't know about you guys.. but I'm ready to do this lol

This whole thing kinda sucks!!!! This is central Illinois. The weather changes every 10 minutes. Let's not give up yet;)

I think everybody is ready for this!! I would give it until tomorrow night to make the call. Like Bruha said, this is Illinois...we have crazy weather.

I have no problem with Sunday but then again I'm only 1 of the few that have spoken.

I see someone from the STL group is going to ask around about Sunday. Is anyone from ChicagoSVT's informing them of a possible Sunday meet instead?

FWIW...my only concern with changing the rain date to this Sunday is: Will everybody who is planning on attending be informed and/or keep updated with this thread to realize the change if it happens? And then of course, there could be scheduling issues. But then again, like someone else already said, there's always the possibility that the rain date 2 weeks from now could have rain forecast also. :shrug:

REX-RACER

Testing w/ the live data!
Established Member
I think it would be a good idea to move it another two weeks, but thats just me. I have alot going on sunday, not to mention those who chose to stay overnight probably won't go to work monday.

As far as saturday goes, even if there is 30-40% chance its going to rain, and even if it says its not going to, there is a chance that it still will happen (we all know how the weather is especially in the midwest, one day its raining the other its completely opposite)

The people who have planned this have done an outstanding job, I really hope we have weather that can do it justice. Last weekend it was sunny and +80* in STL and I remember thinking I hoped the weather for the big event next weekend would be just as nice. Unfortunately this is the problem w/ trying to plan an outdoor even in the spring in the mid-west as many have pointed out.

The problem w/ moving this to Sunday is that for those of us coming from out of town and who weren't planning on staying over night, it was likely going to be a late night trip back home. When your staring going to work bright and early Monday morning, a late Sunday road trip seems less appealing.

Personally I can probably do either Sat or Sun this weekend but I'm kinda hedging toward moving this over two weeks if it isn't going to be 65* and sunny. :(

hinds04

Established Member
My main concern at this point is if it rains saturday and then late saturday afternoon it gets nice, most likely sunday will be perfect. On the other hand in two weeks we could have tornados all weekend. I just hope people are paying attention to updates. I have a feeling if it rains saturday and we reschedule we could lose 20% of the cars no matter if its sunday or in two weeks.

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
^ This is true, no matter what unfortunately some people had scheduled in this event for this specific day...so any change of plans means no go for some. I will say though, even if it's only supposed to rain in the morning on Saturday I won't be making the drive up. Nothings more depressing than driving through rain on your way up to a car show. And not to mention a windy, cloudy, chilly day...I'm down for Sunday or in 2 weeks. Great job on keeping everyone up to date thus far :beer:

Last edited:

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
They moved the % of rain back up today... It's back to 50% chance, but it is warmer-52. I have seen 85%-90% chance of rain, and never rain. I really put no stock in weather guys. I wish I had a job that I could be 100% wrong 75% of the time. And still get paid. That would be great;)

Anyways, I realize that guys need to make a decision. I still think this is going to be a wait and see. I guess I am just going to plan on not coming right now. That way, I won't totally be pissed off when the decision is made. Then ruin my weekend!!

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
Looks like rain should be ending early on Saturday morning...I would guess it will taper off in them middle of the night and the streets might dry up overnight. This could be a maybe...

blown_svt

Established Member
Hey guys!! My name is Mike.. I am new to the site... was just curious when u guys were headed out for show sat.. i live between peoria and springfield.. would love to catch u guys coming by so i could roll in with everyone... i live right by the interstate

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
Looking more like Saturday is out.... 60% is too much even though it wont rain.
Kyle and I are meeting to go over some things this evening and will post on all sites and face book the schedule.
Aint mother nature a Bitty sometimes?

03GTGreen

Established Member
The 30th is a no go for most chicago guys as that is a pretty well known shops open house that day, youd get more participation from up north if it was moved to next weekend

black-plasma

Established Member
The 30th is also the Shelbyfest Show in Herman, MO so I imagine some STLM members have planned for that already as well.

2003svtredfire

Established Member
The 30th is a no go for most chicago guys as that is a pretty well known shops open house that day, youd get more participation from up north if it was moved to next weekend

The following weekend would not probably work with most people either because it is Easter weekend.

2003svtredfire

Established Member
Hey guys!! My name is Mike.. I am new to the site... was just curious when u guys were headed out for show sat.. i live between peoria and springfield.. would love to catch u guys coming by so i could roll in with everyone... i live right by the interstate

What's up Mike. Do you have a facebook page as well? If so, join the central illinois svt's on there also.

Glad you put the stockers on the cobra!!!! Super clean car!!!!

blown_svt

Established Member
What's up Mike. Do you have a facebook page as well? If so, join the central illinois svt's on there also.

Glad you put the stockers on the cobra!!!! Super clean car!!!!

Hey man!!! How the hell r ya!!??! Ill def have to get on f.b and check it out!!! And ya I def like the stickers much better!!! Cleans her up a bunch!! Tyvm!!!! Im bummed out about Saturday

2003svtredfire

Established Member
Hey man!!! How the hell r ya!!??! Ill def have to get on f.b and check it out!!! And ya I def like the stickers much better!!! Cleans her up a bunch!! Tyvm!!!! Im bummed out about Saturday

stayed tuned to this site, it may change to Sunday instead or it may be rescheduled for April 30th.

Enjoy this site, there is a TON of useful information on here.

Bruha

Thats what I thought
Established Member
Sunday it is. I am glad everyone agrees;). See ya Sunday boys!!

Fordman9870

Proud Dad of Twin Marines
Established Member
OK GUYS HERE IT IS!!!
SUNDAY April 17th is a GO.
To those who have to cancel , we apologize but the 30th the CMC guys have Hans and the STL guys have Shelby fest. So in the interest of most. We have decided to go with Sunday. Itinerary is still the same (except for the date of Course)
We want to thank 10thSVT 03 and 03Steve for there help getting there respective clubs in on this.
Please call all of your friends to make sure they see this post so there is no confusion on the new date.
Thanks again and hope to see everyone there on a 60 degree plus day.
Kyle (Hinds04) and Kevin (Fordman9870)

Users who are viewing this thread