Challenger Super Stock - MOPAR = Mo Powa

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Challenger increases by 50% while the others dropped by 10% and 25% while investing hundreds of millions in new tooling. So tell me, who's the idiot that's out of touch with what consumers want?

The Challanger is an inferior car to the Mustang and Camaro as a sports car. Both the Camaro and Mustang have much more sophisticated technology in it and offer a superior driving experience. The Challenger doesn't have a great crash test rating despite its large size either. FCA was planning to have it on a new platform in 2019 and 2021 but now that is being pushed back further. BTW, FCA also spend hundreds of millions on tooling on the LX platform and the plant where it is made. Don't assume it is a cash cow for them.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The Challanger is an inferior car to the Mustang and Camaro as a sports car.

Thank God Challenger isn't trying to be a sports car. BTW, the Miata, Corvette, 4C, Z4 and Cayman, are much better sports cars then the Mustang and Camaro.

Both the Camaro and Mustang have much more sophisticated technology

So what? No seriously, so what? More technology for thr sake of technology isn't a good thing.

in it and offer a superior driving experience.

Prove it.

The Coyote sounds like ass and a S550 feels more like a 370Z then a Terminator.

You can't see shit out of a Camaro and a C7 has better ergonomics and a Targa.

The Challenger doesn't have a great crash test rating despite its large size either.

So what? Sounds like you need a Tesla Model 3.

FCA was planning to have it on a new platform in 2019 and 2021 but now that is being pushed back further.

Already stated, FCA is broke. There was a lot of speculation about them being able to pull off the new 2019 Ram.

Again, considering their sales growth in Jeeps, Rams and Charger/a Challengers over the last 15 years, they are not stupid. The know their demographic and are giving their customers what they want.

BTW, FCA also spend hundreds of millions on tooling on the LX platform and the plant where it is made. Don't assume it is a cash cow for them.

Betcha it was a fraction of the S550 and G6C development and tooling costs.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Thank God Challenger isn't trying to be a sports car. BTW, the Miata, Corvette, 4C, Z4 and Cayman, are much better sports cars then the Mustang and Camaro.
So what? No seriously, so what? More technology for thr sake of technology isn't a good thing.
Prove it.
The Coyote sounds like ass and a S550 feels more like a 370Z then a Terminator.
You can't see shit out of a Camaro and a C7 has better ergonomics and a Targa.

Again, considering their sales growth in Jeeps, Rams and Charger/a Challengers over the last 15 years, they are not stupid. The know their demographic and are giving their customers what they want.

Betcha it was a fraction of the S550 and G6C development and tooling costs.

Chrysler's own website refers to the Challanger as both a muscle car and sports car. As someone who tracks my car, the Challenger is a heavy boat on an antique platform that is a pig to drive. The Camaro ZL1 1LE offers Multimatic DSSV shocks, extensive aero, a color HUD, bespoke Goodyear 3R tires, and so on. The GT350 has MagneRide suspension, a flat plane crank engine that revs to 8250 RPM, optional carbon fiber wheel brakes, extensive aero testing, and besoke tires. Both the Camaro and Mustang offer a superior suspension, brake and tire set up that deliver better driving dynamics than the Hellcat Challenger.

What exactly does the Challenger have going for it other than being fast in a straight line and having "retro" aka very dated styling?

slow poke

Established Member
Chrysler's own website refers to the Challanger as both a muscle car and sports car. As someone who tracks my car, the Challenger is a heavy boat on an antique platform that is a pig to drive. The Camaro ZL1 1LE offers Multimatic DSSV shocks, extensive aero, a color HUD, bespoke Goodyear 3R tires, and so on. The GT350 has MagneRide suspension, a flat plane crank engine that revs to 8250 RPM, optional carbon fiber wheel brakes, extensive aero testing, and besoke tires. Both the Camaro and Mustang offer a superior suspension, brake and tire set up that deliver better driving dynamics than the Hellcat Challenger.

What exactly does the Challenger have going for it other than being fast in a straight line and having "retro" aka very dated styling?

The facts are plain to see. I guess that's all just new tech for the sake of tech and serves no meaningful purpose.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Again, so what?

BMW, Porsche and Corvette all build more sophisticated and track oriented cars. The FPC 5.2 is a reliability turd which is why Ford is axing it. You can change factory tires FYI...

And despite all that fancy tech and time invested and Chevy cant move ZL1s...

I'm also willing to bet the Boss 302 S197 offers a more rewarding and engaging experience then a PP2 S550.

I'd be also curious how a 2000 Cobra R stacks up against a GT350... In terms of feel and experience.

You are talking to a guy that owned both a 911 3.2SC and a 986. I am very much in tune with the idea of "experience". We'll get back to this in a second.

Styling
Engine Sound
Interior Comfort
Value
Usable Rear Seats
Awesome Highway Manners
Torque and Umph
Reliability
Uconnect (mysyc blows ass chunks)

Oh, and driving experience.

I can easy start listing all the cars I've owned over the years and you'll find none of them are the "best" at what they do. Rather they all offered there own unique experience.

A 986 is inferior to an S2000 or Miata. However that Flat 6 sounds amazing and it's unique balance, seating position and feel make it worth the ride.

An air-cooled 911 such at just about everything, which is why no one likes them or wants them....

My G55 was certainly a gas guzzling beast who's luxury was lifted right out of the mid 80's despite its enormous price tag. But again, it pulled like a freight train, road like a dump truck and had more off road potential then a stock wrangler. The S/C 5.5 V8 with side exits was absolutely epic.

My Cobra, the POS that it is, is an exciting ride. Ergonomics reminiscent of an air-cooled 911. A wonky transmission and clutch that needs mastering. Excellent but twitchy suspension. Oh, and an engine sound that wets panties for miles with acceleration that leaves your dick hard for days.

Challenger has its own unique feel. It's huge, swallows up pavement and feels like a highway bruiser. It stands out from the BMW M3 wannabe Mustang and Camaro. If it's not for you, given, great, do whatever. But to cry fowl and complain is silly. It's a different experience. Change your expectations and it will make sense. This is also why, as shown above, the sales have increased since the update despite being old. People enjoy these cars as daily street cars. The HPDE crowed is a very very insignificant group.

So all that said, whether something has mag-ride and carbon fiber wheels is irrelevant. What's important is how those items impact the actual driving and owning experience.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
The facts are plain to see. I guess that's all just new tech for the sake of tech and serves no meaningful purpose.
What facts?

That a ZL1 is faster around VIR? All that means is the ZL1 is faster around VIR.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Again, so what?

BMW, Porsche and Corvette all build more sophisticated and track oriented cars. The FPC 5.2 is a reliability turd which is why Ford is axing it. You can change factory tires FYI...

And despite all that fancy tech and time invested and Chevy cant move ZL1s...

I'm also willing to bet the Boss 302 S197 offers a more rewarding and engaging experience then a PP2 S550.

I'd be also curious how a 2000 Cobra R stacks up against a GT350... In terms of feel and experience.

You are talking to a guy that owned both a 911 3.2SC and a 986. I am very much in tune with the idea of "experience". We'll get back to this in a second.

Styling
Engine Sound
Interior Comfort
Value
Usable Rear Seats
Awesome Highway Manners
Torque and Umph
Reliability
Uconnect (mysyc blows ass chunks)

Oh, and driving experience.

I can easy start listing all the cars I've owned over the years and you'll find none of them are the "best" at what they do. Rather they all offered there own unique experience.

A 986 is inferior to an S2000 or Miata. However that Flat 6 sounds amazing and it's unique balance, seating position and feel make it worth the ride.

An air-cooled 911 such at just about everything, which is why no one likes them or wants them....

My G55 was certainly a gas guzzling beast who's luxury was lifted right out of the mid 80's despite its enormous price tag. But again, it pulled like a freight train, road like a dump truck and had more off road potential then a stock wrangler. The S/C 5.5 V8 with side exits was absolutely epic.

My Cobra, the POS that it is, is an exciting ride. Ergonomics reminiscent of an air-cooled 911. A wonky transmission and clutch that needs mastering. Excellent but twitchy suspension. Oh, and an engine sound that wets panties for miles with acceleration that leaves your dick hard for days.

Challenger has its own unique feel. It's huge, swallows up pavement and feels like a highway bruiser. It stands out from the BMW M3 wannabe Mustang and Camaro. If it's not for you, given, great, do whatever. But to cry fowl and complain is silly. It's a different experience. Change your expectations and it will make sense. This is also why, as shown above, the sales have increased since the update despite being old. People enjoy these cars as daily street cars. The HPDE crowed is a very very insignificant group.

So all that said, whether something has mag-ride and carbon fiber wheels is irrelevant. What's important is how those items impact the actual driving and owning experience.

I have the weirdest boner right now....

My94GT

Established Member

What you have to remember is you are the minority. Only a small niche of drivers going to the track. I’d wager even with more drag focused cars even only a small amount make it out. It’s evident in my area as drag strips close up left and right and the nearest road course is a weekend trip away.

dodge is not stupid, they are targeting the many like me. 30s-40s crowd with a growing family who still want something fun but have no time to deal with modding it, and even less time going out to a track.

for the ones like me it’s drive on nice days, hit a cars and coffee early on a Saturday morning with my two sons car seats piled in the back. For that they are knocking out of the park. I obviously know the ZL1 and GT350/GT500 offers more but it doesn’t fit my lifestyle like dodge would so they have my attention. I’m obviously not the only one and their whole release of these models was at being able to provide a muscle car feel for the family man even if that means with a Durango

My94GT

Established Member
It's just nuts how a 1982 911 can bring almost $275,000 if it has the right documentation
Seriously, I sold my 87 targa 12 years ago and people thought it was crazy I got 9k for it. It would fetch a cool 50k now in the condition it was in.

to this day it’s the most enjoyable car I’ve owned. Slow as hell but fun to drive and full of nothing but mechanical feel.

Users who are viewing this thread