Changed to AMSOIL 5w-50, felt the engine was a little quieter and smoother

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
This is for a Fiesta ST. 5/20 is what Ford recommends. I'm not sure about their oil intervals. I would guess 4/5k miles.

I was performing once a year oil changes in my 2012 Focus Titanium using Amsoil 5W-20 Signature Series. UOA results were fantastic.

Last edited:

65sohc

Established Member
I prepaid for lifetime oilchanges on my car. They allow every four months or 3000 miles. Cost around $830. Something tells me they weren't aware it takes 10 quarts of full synthetic 5W-50 and a special $25 filter. I'm guessing a retail oilchange must be around $150 so this will pay for itself in less than two years.

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I was performing once a year oil changes in my 2012 Focus Titanium using Amsoil 5W-20 Signature Series. UOA results were fantastic.

Are there any UOA results posted anywhere on the 5w-50? It's been available long enough so there should be some. What's the resistance to shear like?

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I believe there are UOA results in either the BOSS 302 or GT500 sections of this forum.

That's why I responded to ULB's post - he manages those threads. I contributed UOA's from my supercharged 2011 GT and from my GT500 to his lists. Last time I checked, about a month ago, there were still no Amsoil 5w50 UOA's on those threads. Should be coming some time soon though!

bknapp

Established Member
I prepaid for lifetime oilchanges on my car. They allow every four months or 3000 miles. Cost around $830. Something tells me they weren't aware it takes 10 quarts of full synthetic 5W-50 and a special $25 filter. I'm guessing a retail oilchange must be around $150 so this will pay for itself in less than two years.

First oil change at 1000 was just about $150. You got a smoking deal!!!

Snoopy49

Established Member
Can't say I'm a believe in that stuff. But I do like a little 2-stroke oil in my diesel fuel.

To bad you can't get any of the Francisco Bros Banana oil. Love that and their castor bean oil for 2 strokes. Francisco Bros had a wide assortment of 2 stroke oils back in the 70's.

Users who are viewing this thread