Charge Air Temp Woes

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Essentially disconnected the hoses from the Intercooler ports and coupled them together, bypassing the brick in order to single out the Intercooler as the problem.

Tell me your thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Well that is a difference. Just before anything DO NOT USE OILED BASED SOLVENTS! There is a rubber pieces that separates the inlet and outlet side just keep that in mind. Cleaned one in a parts washer and now it is on my shelf of shame. Little reminders.

What size lines you running? Stock brick will always be a huge restriction.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Well that is a difference. Just before anything DO NOT USE OILED BASED SOLVENTS! There is a rubber pieces that separates the inlet and outlet side just keep that in mind. Cleaned one in a parts washer and now it is on my shelf of shame. Little reminders.

What size lines you running? Stock brick will always be a huge restriction.

The guy I bought this from used some sort of solvent and was recommending to me to run carb cleaner. I may just get J2 Fabs modded Eaton or a VMP. Tomorrow I might try to reverse flush it. Justin at J2 said normally once these clog, it’s done. Running 3/4”

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Research j2fab before purchasing would be my .02
Also this.

Anything is fine on the outside. Just don't get it on the inside. I got lazy soaked it in a tank, big fail. Didn't know that part existed lesson learned. As to J2, he also didn't know that his the first round, omitted this piece entirely and was recycling without going through.

Haven't kept up. He might have leveled out, had good ideas but kinda a side gig big back log. Just one more reason Posi was an outlier, did it right then stopped.

Also clogged with what?? Should be a completely closed clean system. Not like there are gaskets and passages etc etc.

Last edited:

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Also this.

Anything is fine on the outside. Just don't get it on the inside. I got lazy soaked it in a tank, big fail. Didn't know that part existed lesson learned. As to J2, he also didn't know that his the first round, omitted this piece entirely and was recycling without going through.

Haven't kept up. He might have leveled out, had good ideas but kinda a side gig big back log. Just one more reason Posi was an outlier, did it right then stopped.

Also clogged with what?? Should be a completely closed clean system. Not like there are gaskets and passages etc etc.
Clogged with just calcium build up

01yellercobra

Established Member
I would connect the lines by the intercooler together. Get a full loop without the intercooler in circuit. The pump just might not be able to keep up.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
They get clogged with minerals from tap water when people don't use antifreeze.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
I tried to flush out with a hose on one port of the intercooler and a port on the other one and a garden hose. Sediment came out, wasnt necessarily terrible. I did see an improvement in flow but Im still battling this "Charge Air Temp" measurement in the 150s (Aeroforce Scan Gauge). I had the following pulling in my garage, its 90* out.

IAT1 132
IAT2 142
Charge Air 165
Coolant 209

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Or see about having a local radiator shop dip it? No idea what they charge for that, our vendor did it as a favor on my radiator

NotSatisfied

Established Member
So I isolated the intercooler and reverse flushed it back and forth with a garden hose, some sediment and sand material came out. It’s better honestly but the “charge air temp” is still not that much better, it doesn’t seem to heat recover very well.
IMG_5565.JPG

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Do they make a cold air intake for a Whipple 2.9L Crusher? I see absolutely nothing, doesnt help that the blower is compressing 250 degree engine bay air and getting even hotter.

Users who are viewing this thread