Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
That Mach really needs some gears, good runs though

That has been established multiple times along with other mods that will go on the car in a few weeks

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

willys srt8

Established Member
Sweet......... HA HA. I wonder how long this thread will be......

Atleast the both of them were good sports. Tis better to get beaten by an American car than an import any day.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
I'm just impressed something positive came out of that other thread. Nice work guys. The videos were definitely welcome. :)

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
I'm just impressed something positive came out of that other thread. Nice work guys. The videos were definitely welcome. :)

Whats better than that is when the people who were active in the debate are actually in the same area and down to run without any feelings getting hurt because as ive seen on here, if you lose and make excuses/act like a poor sport you will get BURNED.

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

Deuuuce

Established Member
Nice.

This will get you guys going. I have beat several stock and catback Terminators with my 07 Charger SRT8 that I had. It only had a tune, CAI and catback at the time.

I did the same with my neighbor from a roll. But once he installed a CAI, canned tune and I think an X-pipe?? he walked me with conviction. And that was with a stock pulley.

Last edited:

ITRIEDEL

Established Member
i got my ass handed to me by a SRT-8 300 in my bolt on new edge GT back when i had it... like a boat anchor fell out of my car...and i had thought i had a chance when i was taunting him... boy was I wrong...

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
i got my ass handed to me by a SRT-8 300 in my bolt on new edge GT back when i had it... like a boat anchor fell out of my car...and i had thought i had a chance when i was taunting him... boy was I wrong...

The exact same thing happened to be when I had my GT. I had beaten a few Hemi Chargers and 300s, saw a 300 SRT8 on the high way and figured I could give him a good run. Huge Mistake!! It wasn't even close.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Honestly the first encounter I had with what I expected to walk away... I was trapping 109 and the best results I had seen were 106. Blew my mind with the thing wasn't giving up any ground at all.

clc44

Established Member
I can't wait to see the outcome once you mod the Mach. My car is night and day difference since I've added full exhaust, intake and custom dyno tune. Good luck and good runs?

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Here's a little R&D (research & development) for an idea of what you can expect from the bolt ons (minus gears). These tests were conduced with pretty much identical Mach 1s. They were run when the Blue one had c&l intake, catted BBK X, and flowmasters. The red one was stock with LM1s. The blue consistently beat the red by a fender- both cars same fuel level etc.
With a JLT, o/r x, and SCT tune, The red gained 2.5 to 3 cars
Add gears and she'll really fly!

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcpGaFP_yf0"]X Pipe JLT Tune - YouTube[/nomedia]

Now that we know the Red is putting down more power, check out the difference shift points (and a slight loss of traction) makes. Red Mach is shifting at redline while the other is at 6300ish. You can see the wasted time past 6500 RPM. Red is granny shifting on new transmission (and was having some lock out issues that were later resolved).
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJvKN_zCGo0"]Shift 6500 vs 6800 - YouTube[/nomedia]

Last edited:

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Are they coming off the gas between shifts? Seems like some momentum being lost there alone. Interesting video though, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread