Charger SRT8 vs Mach 1

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Are they coming off the gas between shifts? Seems like some momentum being lost there alone. Interesting video though, thanks!

Yeah, the new clutch and trans was being broken in, so I was going easy on it. I didnt want to powershift after all the work I did. I was also experiencing some lockouts until I got the fiore quadrant, micro click adjuster and Ford factory cable. The Blue Mach 1 was getting better shifts and I knew it. I just wanted to see if I was putting down more power.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Is this LA or Valley ?
would love to join in on the action

Innet cities of LA my man lol come join would love to start a little cruise or hangout then go race.:beer:

Are they coming off the gas between shifts? Seems like some momentum being lost there alone. Interesting video though, thanks!

Well put it this way, I was shifting the best I could lol. Its my DD so I dont want to powershift until I get a better trans. Exact answer to your question is I was taking my foot off the pedal in between shifts and tried to put it back as fast as possible.

****ing Edit- Im sorry thought you were asking me lmao

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Xsellr8 thanks for the info. In about a few weeks I will take it to get the parts put on.

Sent from compton while avoiding prostitutes, drive by's, and jehovahs witness' while using a android phone

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Got my DR's on today and man that 1-2 shift is just a chirp compared to the car sliding and spinning with my street tires lol

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
all that mach needs is gears, and another try :)

Im not go settle for just gears people, im going 31 spline mosers with a cobra diff:D

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
Im not go settle for just gears people, im going 31 spline mosers with a cobra diff:D

I hate you- ok, I'm just jealous. :burn:

rattlesnake3:16

BOOTS TO ASSES
Established Member

I think just with the tires u bought it will be a closer race traction can make or break you. When I got my Nitto invo tires it felt sooo much better and hooking is no problem

xsellr8

BANNED
Established Member
I think just with the tires u bought it will be a closer race traction can make or break you. When I got my Nitto invo tires it felt sooo much better and hooking is no problem

Yeah, check out the 2nd vid I posted- traction and shift points can cost a few cars.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member

Oh my F'ing gawd these dr's are awesome!!!!!

Yeah, check out the 2nd vid I posted- traction and shift points can cost a few cars.

4a7191a

Established Member
ive got the ford racing 31 splines and center diff. havent had a single problem yet. also dont fear the gear... i have 4.56's and in the city it sucks the gas, 10ish mpg, but if fwy only and not driving more than 85mph i still get like 24 mpgs.

S8ER01Z

Established Member
Wasn't trying to bust balls on the shifting just noticed the audible drop in rpm. I can't blame either of you. Honestly if I didn't have money sitting to fix parts I probably wouldn't beat the Z as bad as I do. I'm a fan of the no lift shift. :)

Last edited:

MACHXLR8

Third Member
Established Member
OP..nice run and good kill.BTW..I am a big fan of Mopars...has a 69 SuperBee for a good number of years

Not putting down your kill but you basically beat a stock MACH. Have the guy with the MACH just change the mid-pipe (remove that crap restrictive 4 cat mid-pipe) and get a tune, you will see him running next next to you. Give the MACH some gear and he will probably come by you.
I am not just talking nonsense either..I am well aware of what each bolton did for my car and which ones worked the best. They do respond well to mods and are very restrictive from the factory..
Keep in mind that they are lite also..My MACH weighs in at just a little above 3400 lbs.

Last edited:

clc44

Established Member

I've got 4.56's and cobra 31 spline diff, just waiting on Moser axeles then get it all installed. Should be a new car!

clc44

Established Member
Here's a little R&D (research & development) for an idea of what you can expect from the bolt ons (minus gears). These tests were conduced with pretty much identical Mach 1s. They were run when the Blue one had c&l intake, catted BBK X, and flowmasters. The red one was stock with LM1s. The blue consistently beat the red by a fender- both cars same fuel level etc.
With a JLT, o/r x, and SCT tune, The red gained 2.5 to 3 cars
Add gears and she'll really fly!

X Pipe JLT Tune - YouTube

Now that we know the Red is putting down more power, check out the difference shift points (and a slight loss of traction) makes. Red Mach is shifting at redline while the other is at 6300ish. You can see the wasted time past 6500 RPM. Red is granny shifting on new transmission (and was having some lock out issues that were later resolved).
Shift 6500 vs 6800 - YouTube

With Cobra cams I'd wind it out, I do agree that it falls off after 6500. It does get you higher into the next gear though.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member

Upgrade your synchros, TOB, and input shaft at the same time. With gears they will only take so much pounding- may as well throw a Spec2 or 3 on there for good measure, go three if you plan on FI in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread