Charlotte, NC area - place to get your Terminator worked on/tuned?

AnthonyRosas

Established Member
hey all
looking for some help finding a GOOD shop to get work done on my Terminator

im in the charlotte area (id drive an hour ....tops)and i cant seem to find a good shop
even talked to some guys at a local mustang meet

thanks!

SVTag

Established Member
Pro-Dyno is just south of Charlotte

Benson would be a pretty good haul, but fastlane is good too

Arrickh

Established Member
hey all

im in the charlotte area (id drive an hour ....tops)and i cant seem to find a good shop

thanks!
Steve Shrader tuned mine. It made 609RWHP on a tvs without longtubes and has been running good sense. I'm sure anyone recommended here would be good though. Personally I've heard horror stories about pro-dyno but Dan does know his stuff too. I think he is above average just like Shrader and Fast lane.

Last edited:

Arrickh

Established Member
Yeah Dan did my tuning for my vortech 2v it ran fine. I think he's just got so many customers he rushes a little. He forgot to sand the contacts on my cars chip he put in so it'd randomly cut off going down the road but it was an easy fix. I definitely would not bash on Dan online but if your closer to Steve I'd go there. Either way Dan or Steve should take good care of you! We got some good ones in NC.

GodStang

Established Member
How much work are you looking to get done on the Terminator. I have been to many tuners across the South East in the past 12 years. Some good some real bad (had to leave on a trailer). If you are looking to just get a tune or exhaust, a pulley swap or even a twin screw put on then any of the ones listed above will be just fine.

If you are looking to get real mods done and tuned then there are only three or four shops in the South East. None are in SC/NC.

You will hear negative results for any shop. I have learned that no matter how top notch a job out there someone does there is someone that won't be happy with it.

AnthonyRosas

Established Member
thanks guys!

Ive had the car for ~9 months now...prevous owner did these mods:
-ported eaton
-diablo pulley kit
-diablo tuner - tuned on dyno
-intake

and some other stuff...but thats it for motor. so i wanna know how much power its putting down and how "good" the tune is

and from there decide on what "power mods" i wanna do next

im bout to do some suspension work but ive got a friends shop that will be able to work on that for me.

fearthesnake

Established Member
Dan at ProDyno has done good work for me, just setup a time during the week - he will spend time with you. Good guy and like another posted stated earlier, you will always hear something bad about all Tuners from time to time. I think it's more on the Customer than the Tuner though in these situations.

Believe me, Shops like Pro Dyno wouldn't be in business long if they did bad tunes. They do a TON of work on all Mustangs.

WhiTriCobra

PDP
Established Member
I used pro dyno years back but Rob tuned my car. I wasn't too happy with Dan giving me the run around and though I had an appointment, had to wait another 4 hours. could be different now.

I've used Fastlane too. Caleb and those guys are cool to work with. And I've gone there and ask just for a quick 2 run dyno and they did it. Most won't do that.

There's a shop in Fayettville, right out side the POPE AFB gate....they suck. Took my L there for a dyno and so that I could datalog it. Guy almost seemed like he didn't know what he was doing. I told him that I would sit in the passenger side seat to datalog it. He acknowledge and asked if I wanted to do the pull. Said no. So he then asks how he should do the pull and I tell him just to take OD off so we know it def stays in 3rd. I even told him to take it to about 5Krpms at first and let off. This dude takes it to 6800rpms and finally stops after I'm yelling "what the F are you doing!!" Lets just say I exchanged some words and didn't do my second pull, though paid for it and went home.

but for the driving part, I've driven just a few hours all the way up to 8 hours to get a dyno tune.

jamyzd39

Established Member
hey all

thanks!

Dan at pro dyno is a great guy. They did plenty of work on my car and Dan spent time with me personally one on one and has done updates on my tune remotely for free with minor mods. Their shop is clean and I have no complaints whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread