Check fuel cap ?

lethal04

Established Member
I have a fore triple pump return style fuel system and the other day my check fuel cap light came on . . Any clue why the check fuel cap light would be on ? I've put 900 miles on the car since new motor went in the car.

cobracide

Established Member
Check thw cap, cap liner, fuel filler rim. Check cap click ok tighten. Inspect fuel tank and lines for leaks. Google it and therer are many tips on this.

1 Sic Svt

Yes It Is
Established Member
check your ECU - programmer; you probably have an engine code.

Mine has done that 3 times and after replacing the cap - hooked up the SCT and wala!

lethal04

Established Member
did u replace the gasket that seals the hat to the tank? did you make sure it was a clean surface?

Yea man it should be good, it was fine whenever the other motor got pulled out. No codes or anything, put new motor in and now got this ?

lethal04

Established Member
check your ECU - programmer; you probably have an engine code.

Mine has done that 3 times and after replacing the cap - hooked up the SCT and wala!

I have a sct chip, one that hold up to 7 different tunes. I've been taking off battery cables to reset it but keeps coming back. Was thinking I mite have a bad cap ? But not sure

lethal04

Established Member
Check thw cap, cap liner, fuel filler rim. Check cap click ok tighten. Inspect fuel tank and lines for leaks. Google it and therer are many tips on this.

I haven't got the chance to take a look at these yet but I'm going to. Appreciate the help man

oldmodman

Established Member
I had the same fault code. It was my new dammed locking gas cap. I reinstalled the old cap and no more problem. So I returned the cap and bought another identical cap at another auto parts chain so it probably came from a different batch number, put it on and no more problems since.

Users who are viewing this thread