Check out this new 4lb lower pulley that uses the factory cage

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
This is a great idea. How would this work? Would one have to ship his factory lower in for a core charge? Is 4lb the only one your going to market? Are you inspecting the bearings in the cage?

My buddy had his stock lower fall apart on his car from the bearing in the cage. Thats the only issue I've seen with the stock lowers.

You would have to send yours in and indicate which size lower pulley you would be interested in and your new one would be sent back the same or next day.

As far as the bearings go they will be brand new factory bearings installed. Without going into detail, there is more than just replacing the stock steel pulley with the new billet one. Pulley sizes will probably end up being 2, 4, 6lb ones and maybe smaller ones (i guess you could call them negative 2lb and 4lb ones?) for the guys running the big blowers that are looking to lower their boost levels.

Last edited:

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
You would have to send yours in and indicate which size lower pulley you would be interested in and your new one would be sent back the same or next day.

As far as the bearings go they will be brand new factory bearings installed. Without going into detail, there is more than just replacing the stock steel pulley with the new billet one. Pulley sizes will probably end up being 2, 4, 6lb ones and maybe smaller ones (i guess you could call them negative 2lb and 4lb ones?) for the guys running the big blowers that are looking to lower their boost levels.

That actually works out great, as my lower is off the car.

Any idea on pricing?

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
I've always been anti lower pulley for the reason of the crank snout issues, but this looks pretty kosher, I'd be interested in this as well :beer:

Same here. I don't understand why the aftermakets weren't designed like this to begin with.

WS6JJP

Corn juice powered
Established Member
Same here. I don't understand why the aftermakets weren't designed like this to begin with.

i dont know either. Im guessing the factory didnt want anyone messing with the lower pulley to increase boost and it was probably too involved for the aftermarket to make something like this. I'll tell ya though, this thing took some doing to get it right, its not as simple as just machining a billet pulley and removing the stock one and putting the new one in its place. It took alot of engineering and researching to ensure it would as good as stock if not better.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread