Check this out

Canuck03SVT

Established Member
I got an email from youtube and google adsense regarding advertising on one of my clips I uploaded to youtube. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but if your video gets enough views it becomes eligilble to be advertised on, and of course you get a cut of the profits.

I have no idea how many hits I need to actually make a substantial amout of money, but if you guys don't mind go to the link below and click on the advertisement.

I will keep you guys updated and let you know if there is really anything to be made.

Thanks

Mike

CLick CLick CLick
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9pl1rpJnjA"]YouTube- 2003 Cobra slp exhaust[/nomedia]

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This should not be surprising at all. In the end it's all about MONEY! Remember the original eBay? Gone! The new eBay is very different from the original that catered to the little guy. Now it is the big dogs who are favored and the small seller takes a back seat. It's all about the buck! As with any successful venture, when corporate America sees an opportunity to make money at the expense of the little guy, it will, and does. You think this is bad? Wait until all of those free Internet browser add-on applications and free websites one day are no longer free. The small guy may not be looking to make a lot of money, but when bigger corporations start seeing an income potential they'll start buying off the smaller guys and suddenly it's no longer a free ride. Just sayin!

As far as YouTube goes, I don't post to it. I don't watch videos very often. Mostly even funny videos or car related when links are posted here. I expect that maybe we'll one day see more personal computers hosting their own videos and more storage sites popping up where you can store your videos. Hopefully that would eliminate these people who post silly videos (on YouTube) trying to go viral. IMO 50% or more of YouTube videos are nonsense and bandwidth wasters.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I got an email from youtube and google adsense regarding advertising on one of my clips I uploaded to youtube. I'm not sure if this has happened to anyone else, but if your video gets enough views it becomes eligilble to be advertised on, and of course you get a cut of the profits.

I have no idea how many hits I need to actually make a substantial amout of money, but if you guys don't mind go to the link below and click on the advertisement.

I will keep you guys updated and let you know if there is really anything to be made.

Thanks

Mike

CLick CLick CLick
YouTube- 2003 Cobra slp exhaust

Just so you know, telling people to click the ad likely puts you in violation of your agreement with Google. That's why you never see us telling anyone to click the Adsense ads on SVTP.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Huh...one of my vids had a link added to iTunes so people could buy the song I used, I didn't see a dime of that money! :cuss:

SLOW95

SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP!
Established Member
Just so you know, telling people to click the ad likely puts you in violation of your agreement with Google. That's why you never see us telling anyone to click the Adsense ads on SVTP.

yup im pretty sure he is right. I have thought of that nasty way to make some money but decided jail or paying those clowns isnt worth it.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Yes, I got the same message like a couple years ago. That's how people like Soulja Boy etc make money on youtube. Welcome to the internet OP. I have several adsense and clickbank affiliate things that make money for me.

Last edited:

canibus

Established Member
Huh...one of my vids had a link added to iTunes so people could buy the song I used, I didn't see a dime of that money! :cuss:

It's either that, or they take the song off your video. It's a bit different than other types of advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread